Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my fp early January. Not due for delivery until April 19th. The wait is driving me crazy. And the unseasonally warm weather in western Pa is only making it worse.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Our Fpace's will be on the same boat. Mine is due for pickup in CT April 21st.

So close, yet so faaaar away!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I ordered my fp early January. Not due for delivery until April 19th. The wait is driving me crazy. And the unseasonally warm weather in western Pa is only making it worse.
Hey COACHBUCK , if you indeed take possession of your F-Pace on April 19th , or before , and you feel like *SHOWING IT OFF* , come on over to Harrisburg , PA on April 23rd and join us at the Mid-Atlantic MEET & GREET !!! ;)
There is no such thing as TOO MANY F-PACES !!! :)

P.S. You too Dreadnaught , if you're close enough !!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine may also be on that ship. As of Friday it is showing it was loaded on vessels. Not sure yet which one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My build date was 3/3.

*If* my car is ready as the dealer says by 21st, I will see what I can do about the east coast meet-up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mine may also be on that ship. As of Friday it is showing it was loaded on vessels. Not sure yet which one.
Which one are you accepting?

·
Registered
245 Posts
GRVR usually says drinking wine helps, I think he might be a bit of a lush. :) It's good advice though nevertheless, a decent pour for you and your significant other should help lessen the pain. Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
GRVR usually says drinking wine helps, I think he might be a bit of a lush. :) It's good advice though nevertheless, a decent pour for you and your significant other should help lessen the pain. Welcome and congrats!
Hello , I am *GR* , and I *DON'T* Approve this message ! :(

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks GRVR. Actually, I'm originally from Gettysburg, and travel back often. If my f-pace gets here in time, you may see me there.
Even if you don't take delivery by that weekend, you should come out and meet up with us anyway. You will not regret it;)
Oh, I will not be passing along congrats, until I see photos:D

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
517 Posts

I feel your pain. I ordered Jan. 17th, or at least I thought I did. Missed my dealer's cut off for '17 orders by two days so went into a holding pattern. My order did go in earlier this month, but my build date isn't until April 7th, with an expected hand off date in early June.

Maybe we should start a support group for those waiting on orders. I think we have at least a few folks on this forum that we could commiserate with - or then again I also like the idea of following crabman's advice. :)

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Fun ways to occupy your wait time:
1) read the online owner's manual several times
2) watch all the Jaguar instructional videos several times
3) download and play with the ICTP demo until you're ready to hop in the vehicle when it gets here and show your SA how it works
4) post endlessly about problems with Jaguar infotainment that have already been solved, best if you can find and post outdated reviews that mention problems
5) post frequently that if this or that absolutely unconscionable eggregious shortcoming of the Jaguar brand and F Pace isn't fixed you're bolting to the BMW dealer and skipping the F Pace
6) ask for your updated Vista sheet every week thus driving your SA nuts
7) book and plan your trip to England for the F Pace factory tour
8) obsessively read all the back posts on this forum, which hey I thought was partly a supported group for waiting owners, at least it was for me
9) drive around town looking for f pace's
10) endlessly go through the online configurator and second guess your headliner and interior colors
11) whip out the credit card and order up some accessories so you know you'll have them on day one

Some or all of the above got me through 4 months but it was a lot more fun back then before all the teething/seething pains got fixed ;)

·
Registered
517 Posts
8) obsessively read all the back posts on this forum, which hey I thought was partly a supported group for waiting owners, at least it was for me
Lest there be any doubt, I have in fact found this forum to be invaluable - well at least 90% of it anyway - both to help me decide on my choices before I ordered, and now to pass the time until I get through the dark period. I'm sure many other owners-in-waiting feel the same.

and yeah, I have read every back post on this forum, each and every one - some multiple times........;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
5) post frequently that if this or that absolutely unconscionable egregious shortcoming of the Jaguar brand and F Pace isn't fixed you're bolting to the BMW dealer and skipping the F Pace
Well now, what would make the top five list of such shortcomings, that have been beaten to death? My take:

5. Cheap Plastic on Lower Interior Surfaces!
4. No Dash Power Outlet!
3. No Cup Holder Covers for US models!
2. No Locking Gas Cap Cover!
1. Fuel Tank Capacity!

·
Registered
245 Posts
OK, it was in fact the author of this post who had been recommending an ample pour of wine and not another poster who may or may not have been implicated in a post by... Ahem... This author. :)

I hereby promise not to advocate drinking wine anymore. Beer. That's the answer. It was good enough for Benjamin Franklin and a nice barley-wine, double IPA, Scotch Ale, or similar beverage consumed while doing everything mentioned in the excellent post above should go a long way towards reducing symptoms associated with waiting for a new car.

Or, perhaps a nice single malt...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
7) book and plan your trip to England for the F Pace factory tour
Is this a thing? Because I'd love to do that. In fact, I wanted a factory delivery option that allowed me to pick up the vehicle in the UK and drive it around before having it delivered to the states, similar to the BMW EU Delivery option.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
OK, it was in fact the author of this post who had been recommending an ample pour of wine and not another poster who may or may not have been implicated in a post by... Ahem... This author. :)

I hereby promise not to advocate drinking wine anymore. Beer. That's the answer. It was good enough for Benjamin Franklin and a nice barley-wine, double IPA, Scotch Ale, or similar beverage consumed while doing everything mentioned in the excellent post above should go a long way towards reducing symptoms associated with waiting for a new car.

Or, perhaps a nice single malt...
As my Father-In-Law (who is 80-years old , and speaks Highly of Liquid Libations just like you) would say , " I'm not going away anytime soon , cause I'm PICKLED" !!! ;) >:) :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts