Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my build date, so I inquired and got my updated Vista which shows my VIN and a status of "Despatched" (their spelling not mine ;)).
I am hopeful this means that it should be headed to load on a ship soon and I will be able to start tracking it on the shipping site, which I will be obsessively checking, oh, every hour or so. I realize tracking it so closely won't get it here any sooner, and as one of the wiser members of this forum said in another thread, only gives me a false sense of control. However, I've also come to realize that I very much enjoy a false sense of control - it has gotten me through many a day at the office. :D

Fingers crossed that I take delivery before Memorial Day weekend. I have a 750 mile road trip planned that would be a perfect opportunity to get acquainted with TurboCat.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just realized, should I be worried than my VIN starts with SAD?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like TurboCat is on the Freedom and due into Brunswick, GA, around April 15th. Surely early delivery is not out of the question!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I just realized, should I be worried than my VIN starts with SAD?
As you have found out, they all start with SAD.
What scared me was when I found out the name of the ship: the TITANIA:eek:

Reactions: L-PACE

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I guess I should have put a winky face on that post, but I mean really, who wants a sad cat? :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just got my updated Vista (I amended my order & added the Vision pack lol) and my build date is still the 19th of May. Was hoping to have moved up a little, but alas, no luck.

Here's hoping yours doesn't take too long to find a truck to go from N Georgia to Louisiana. :) Can't wait to see the 18s coming off the line!

Reactions: Turbodog

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Two ships later, it looks like my F-Pace has made its way across the Atlantic and onto U.S. soil. There's gonna be a big, green, diesel breathing Cat roaming the bayou soon..........

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations on your Cat reaching US soil! I know how hard it is waiting once you know what you want and place an order. My F-Pace is currently anchored near Panama waiting for its turn to go through the canal. So I still have 3 weeks to wait (anticipated handover May 19th).

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Tysla has finally reached the US! It's sitting at the Dundalk Marine Terminal....close to Baltimore, but looks like there may be one more stop. W&W status hasn't changed.

I e-mailed my SG for an update yesterday, & the "estimated arrival date" has been pushed to 5/12, so fingers crossed for a handover date shortly thereafter. I also asked about dropping off my Sto-N-Sho front license plate bracket, so that they can install it for me as part of the vehicle prep. I definitely want to make sure nobody drills any holes in my (her?) bumper!!

I am SO going to be stalking the dealer's lot, over the next several weeks. :)

Reactions: TLockhart and GRVR

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I definitely want to make sure nobody drills any holes in my (her?) bumper!!:)
Oh' you are a FUNNY one !!! You and I are going to get along GREAT !!! >:)

*CONGRATS* on the Early Arrival Time !!! :) I feel sorry for your Dealer though !!! ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like TurboCat is on the Freedom and due into Brunswick, GA, around April 15th. Surely early delivery is not out of the question!
Two ships later, it looks like my F-Pace has made its way across the Atlantic and onto U.S. soil. There's gonna be a big, green, diesel breathing Cat roaming the bayou soon..........
The Tysla has finally reached the US! It's sitting at the Dundalk Marine Terminal....close to Baltimore, but looks like there may be one more stop. W&W status hasn't changed.

I e-mailed my SG for an update yesterday, & the "estimated arrival date" has been pushed to 5/12, so fingers crossed for a handover date shortly thereafter. I also asked about dropping off my Sto-N-Sho front license plate bracket, so that they can install it for me as part of the vehicle prep. I definitely want to make sure nobody drills any holes in my (her?) bumper!!

I am SO going to be stalking the dealer's lot, over the next several

Sorry about all the Quote's but mine hit US soil on 4/19 and we are still waiting for it to be transported to Ohio. SG has no new info.! The wait is killing me. :crying:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry about all the Quote's but mine hit US soil on 4/19 and we are still waiting for it to be transported to Ohio. SG has no new info.! The wait is killing me. :crying:
UGH! That is not good news for the rest of us in the midwest awaiting overland transport! :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
The cat has been "DISCHARGED" in Baltimore. That doesn't actually sound very positive, but at least I know she is now on American soil. Operation DealerStalk commences in 3....2....1....

Reactions: GRVR
1 - 16 of 16 Posts