Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest issue of Car and Driver, the actual magazine in hard copy, the preferred reading material when I am "dropping the kids off at the pool" in the morning. Nice three-page side by side of these stablemates, and the results are as you all expect. The Velar was given higher marks for interior and comfort, but the FP won overall with exterior and performance. They used the 30t Portfolio LE and P250 R-Dynamic, both close in HP and weight, but the FP was over a full second quicker to 60, faster 1/4 mile, faster top speed, faster rolling start by over two seconds (5-60), faster through their road loop, and shorter braking. The Velar got points for having an extra half-inch ground clearance, and for the adjustable ride height (along with a better interior finish, though the multiple touch screens were criticized). Bottom line: The F-PACE is a "more engaging SUV with an abundance of driver ambition that encourages hustling, while the Rover merely tolerates it." That, and the FP sticker price came in over $3K less than the Velar.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting about the touch screens on the Velar. The critique surrounded the fact that to get to some controls, like climate fan speed, you have to go through a few menus, where in the FP there is an actual button for this (along with the option of going thru several ICTP screens). That is another reason I feel better towards the I-PACE vs. Tesla, physical knobs and buttons that are quicker with less driver distraction than a 100% touchscreen driver interface.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
the preferred reading material when I am "dropping the kids off at the pool" in the morning.
HAHA:laugh::laugh:HAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh:HA:laugh:HAHA:laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:HAHAHA:laugh:HA:laugh::laugh:HAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is exactly why I love theweeb . . . . . . .
Because he's all about keeping it real !!!:D

I mean , there's no way he could make this sh*t up !!!;):laugh::laugh::laugh:
>:)

Reactions: bpmba and EagleJag

·
Registered
589 Posts
... That is another reason I feel better towards the I-PACE vs. Tesla, physical knobs and buttons that are quicker with less driver distraction than a 100% touchscreen driver interface.
Pretty sure that the I-Pace has the two screen console too. Sorry...

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've never been a fan of Land Rovers, but I saw a hooked up Velar the other day that looked awesome. I would agree with the above points about it being more expensive and slower than the FP, which sucks. But if I were to do another SUV after the FP, I might consider it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I saw Velar has similar interior VS I pace. (two screen console) It looks good, but I prefer physical buttons more, not only less driver distraction, but real feeling of a button click.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There are actually more physical buttons on the IP than the Velar, the reviewer especially pointed to the driving modes, which are screens on LR and buttons on the Jag. Plus, that on/off/volume simple thing for the infotainment . . .(Pace left, Velar right) I know this is not the same comparison as the OP, but with the comments above about the I-Pace, thought this would clear things up a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
HAHA:laugh::laugh:HAHAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh:HA:laugh:HAHA:laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:HAHAHA:laugh:HA:laugh::laugh:HAHA:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is exactly why I love theweeb . . . . . . .
Because he's all about keeping it real !!!:D

I mean , there's no way he could make this sh*t up !!!;):laugh::laugh::laugh:
>:)

That's just plain old honesty right there. We ALL do it! I do some of my best work when "dropping the kids off".

I test drove a Velar when my boss had one as a loaner for her RR Sport, with the same 3.0L as my FPace. It's gorgeous to look at, but definitely feels much bigger and less engaging. Very nice place to sit, but I prefer the hustle of my FPace. Then again, even the X5, new Volvo XC60, and the Audi Q5S I drove all seem less nimble and engaging than the FPace. Only my co-workers Macan feels lighter on it's feet, but it's ugly as sin (imho).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts