Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Apple carplay is not wireless. Huge oversight / miss on their part IMO. You have to plug your iphone into one of the two usb ports in the center console and then have it sit awkwardly in the cup holder area. Wireless charging is pointless if you want to use carplay.
yes, I figured this. They always screw up upgrades like this. I'm hoping my Wireless CarPlay adapter from my current 2019 SVR will work in the 2021. I'm thinking it probably won't since the systems are different (ICTP vs Pivi Pro), but we'll have to see.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yes, I figured this. They always screw up upgrades like this. I'm hoping my Wireless CarPlay adapter from my current 2019 SVR will work in the 2021. I'm thinking it probably won't since the systems are different (ICTP vs Pivi Pro), but we'll have to see.
Wireless car play adapter what’s this ? So you don’t have to have wires trailing ?
the standard Windsor leather as alcantara down the middle of the seats front and back leather on the outside looks ok gives a more sporty look and you can’t get this in any other model f pace the semi aniline leather is just full leather

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also the new 21 model as a full large storage under the centre console so the phone could sit in there the wire could be hidden at the side of the seat . Well that’s my plan

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Wireless CarPlay adapter is from Car2Play it has been discussed in other threads here on the forum.

link here.

Several of us are using this adapter in our F-Paces. it works pretty darn well IMHO better than cable to be honest. The cable tends to lose connectivity more than using this adapter in my experience. Every once in a while the adapter doesn't connect and all I do to force it is pull the adapter from the USB interface, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. That works 99.999 percent of the time.

I leave my iPhone in my pocket for short runs, and other longer runs while using Navi I use the wireless charger upgrade talked about in other threads here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wireless CarPlay adapter is from Car2Play it has been discussed in other threads here on the forum.

link here.

Several of us are using this adapter in our F-Paces. it works pretty darn well IMHO better than cable to be honest. The cable tends to lose connectivity more than using this adapter in my experience. Every once in a while the adapter doesn't connect and all I do to force it is pull the adapter from the USB interface, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. That works 99.999 percent of the time.

I leave my iPhone in my pocket for short runs, and other longer runs while using Navi I use the wireless charger upgrade talked about in other threads here.
thanks this seems a good bit of kit and definitely not worth getting the cheaper ones as good reviews. Can’t see why it won’t work in the 2021 model but let us know when you get your new motor

·
Registered
91 Posts
Deleted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a 2021 SVR coming, turns out from the same dealership as the other PA owner. I must admit the information Jaguar has out there is not very detailed. Even the brochure does not tell you that much. I gave my dealer a list of what colors and what options I wanted, and they came up with a handful of cars that they could dealer trade for. I picked the closest to my spec and the easiest for them to get.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts