Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble getting Android Auto to show up on the ITCP screen. I have it on my phone but cannot seem to get it to load to ITCP.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am having trouble getting Android Auto to show up on the ITCP screen. I have it on my phone but cannot seem to get it to load to ITCP.
You need to have the dealer install the apple car play and andriod auto. This can be done automatically once your software is updated to the latest one for free. Check out threads regarding latest software update.
Once that is done and if still having problem try deleting (bluetooth) phone and ICTP then reinstall. Hope this works.
Latest software for ICTP is S19B_19.40.4-436082

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have the car updated a few weeks ago. They kind of gave me a hard time about it. Will try the bluetooth suggestion.

Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
I did have the car updated a few weeks ago. They kind of gave me a hard time about it. Will try the bluetooth suggestion.

Thanks
Currently jaguar apple car play does not support wireless. It needs the cable and preferably use apple original lightning cable to work properly. I cannot tell you about AA. just a thought,

·
Registered
187 Posts
What phone are you trying it with? I had a Google Pixel that was a few years old when I first got my car and it refused to connect no matter what I tried. I now have a newer android phone and it works every time. Maybe try with an alternate phone if possible.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Thanks
As others have suggested, bluetooth will not get you Android Auto. If you haven't already done so, try a usb cable plugged in to both your phone and a usb port within the center console (seen when you lift up the center armrest). I will say that, sometimes, it doesn't work (I rceive a connection error) and I have to restart my phone to get it to work. Speaking of error messages, are you seeing any error messages? If so, what are they and where are you seeing them (on the display? the phone display?)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
As others have suggested, bluetooth will not get you Android Auto. If you haven't already done so, try a usb cable plugged in to both your phone and a usb port within the center console (seen when you lift up the center armrest). I will say that, sometimes, it doesn't work (I rceive a connection error) and I have to restart my phone to get it to work. Speaking of error messages, are you seeing any error messages? If so, what are they and where are you seeing them (on the display? the phone display?)?
My wife has a 2019 FPace.We never were able to get the voice commands for navigation to work so Android Auto is very important for her. It came with the car. We both have Samsung Galaxy S8 phones. We couldn't get it to work. Finally on the 3rd cable it has worked flawlessly (for both phones). If it doesn't work you should consider changing the cable as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My wife has a 2019 FPace.We never were able to get the voice commands for navigation to work so Android Auto is very important for her. It came with the car. We both have Samsung Galaxy S8 phones. We couldn't get it to work. Finally on the 3rd cable it has worked flawlessly (for both phones). If it doesn't work you should consider changing the cable as well.
Good tip about the cable. For starters, the cable should support data (some support only charging). Additionally, the cable should be high quality and no longer than 6 ft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts