Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How may of you purposely chose the Analog Instrument panel?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm going to guess that if you did a pole here that the results would be 90% digital 10% analog.

Kerry

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Cat Lady was NOT asking how many people had ICT , compared to how many had ICTP !

The question was , "If you have ICT , did you purposely choose it" ???

Essentially , if you ORDERED your vehicle , then you purposely chose it !

So the question is really only relevant to those who bought off the lot , and took what the dealer had !

·
Registered
278 Posts
I understood the question. My post was just purely in response to kerrydel and the assumption of it being very lopsided towards digital.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure the Cat Lady was NOT asking how many people had ICT , compared to how many had ICTP !

The question was , "If you have ICT , did you purposely choose it" ???

Essentially , if you ORDERED your vehicle , then you purposely chose it !

So the question is really only relevant to those who bought off the lot , and took what the dealer had !
I bought mine on lot but searched for the analog and refused to look at any others so I was wondering how many people did the same because they prefer the look of the analog? (I should have worded the thread better)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I bought mine on lot but searched for the analog and refused to look at any others so I was wondering how many people did the same because they prefer the look of the analog? (I should have worded the thread better)
Ahh..... then I retract my post to the positive, as I ordered mine, intentionally not selecting the package that included ICTP.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I think there would be many ICT users that would have optioned the digital instrument cluster on if it was a stand alone option. Could be wrong but I think many more people would be attracted to the digital cluster with the sleek 12.3 inch single screen compared to the analog cluster that has two huge spherical cutouts that jut out from where the speedometer and tachometer are.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I think there would be many ICT users that would have optioned the digital instrument cluster on if it was a stand alone option. Could be wrong but I think many more people would be attracted to the digital cluster with the sleek 12.3 inch single screen compared to the analog cluster that has two huge spherical cutouts that jut out from where the speedometer and tachometer are.
Not purely analog, my friend. There is the center LCD screen that may only be three lovely inches, but is configurable, and shows navigation, entertainment, and trip/MPG displays, as well as all of the configurable options. It will even show a digital readout of your speed at 131 mph. That said, some of us like the large, protruding speedo and tach. When I grew up and was licensed to drive for the first time, such large, round gauge clusters were THE thing to have, things that spoke of quarter miles and direct connection to the powerplant. That nostalgia is very familiar, and very comforting. I would still not go for the full digital, even if offered as a separate option.

Oh baby....

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think there would be many ICT users that would have optioned the digital instrument cluster on if it was a stand alone option...
Meh. A couple of roundy dials is what I want to be looking at. No matter what options one chooses, the windshield and rear view mirrors are all the same and I'm looking at those far more often than dash bling.

·
Registered
517 Posts
This choice presented a definite package dilemma for me. I would have preferred the analog dials and didn't really care one way or the other about a touch screen vs. buttons, but I HAD TO HAVE the better sound system in the tech pack. So I actually would have chosen the analog dials if a sounds system upgrade had been a stand alone option, or I could have chosen the tech package but kept the analog dials.

On topic - I would have picked the analog dials if all else was equal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just took delivery of R-Sport and looked many places for the right combination including Tech Package just for the dash, but I settled and got the analog. I could do without the audio additions, but I did like the full digital dash.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Not purely analog, my friend. There is the center LCD screen that may only be three lovely inches, but is configurable, and shows navigation, entertainment, and trip/MPG displays, as well as all of the configurable options. It will even show a digital readout of your speed at 131 mph. That said, some of us like the large, protruding speedo and tach. When I grew up and was licensed to drive for the first time, such large, round gauge clusters were THE thing to have, things that spoke of quarter miles and direct connection to the powerplant. That nostalgia is very familiar, and very comforting. I would still not go for the full digital, even if offered as a separate option.

Oh baby....
Didn't say all, I know there are some people that love analog and don't like the look of the digital instrument cluster. Nothing wrong with that. I just think if Jag offered it as a cheaper, single option rather than a 3200 dollar package than many more people would check that box when building the car.

Some people love the simplistic one screen instrument cluster while others love the analog gauges that are split into sections and have the protruding spherical things (not sure what there called so Ill just stick with spherical things) haha :laugh:

For me if I go on long road trips I like having the full screen map in the instrument cluster, I think its very neat and helpful and I also like having the different themes you can choose. But nothing wrong with either, just personal preference really.

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
I think many were caught up in the gadgetry of the ICTP and the sound system as they are part of the same package. Had I known that there was no voice command for the navigation system and it would not read back texts I would have ordered the ICT. Think I just got whisked away by what I thought was the potential. If I had to do it over again it would have been the ICT.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Question for those who have had ICTP problems: Since the systems seem to be closely tied together, when the ICTP screen freezes, or reboots, does it affect the digital dash as well? If you are running the nav on the digital dash, and something happens to the main screen, does that cause problems for the dash as well?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Question for those who have had ICTP problems: Since the systems seem to be closely tied together, when the ICTP screen freezes, or reboots, does it affect the digital dash as well? If you are running the nav on the digital dash, and something happens to the main screen, does that cause problems for the dash as well?
Hasn't crashed since Ive gotten the update... but when it did it would not affect the digital instrument cluster. Only the ICTP screen itself and the audio.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

Oh baby....
I'm older than you, but I've always had a strong attraction to new technology. I love the appearance of an all digital center screen and dash. I especially like changing the dash theme to suit my varying moods. :) When I was young I disliked anything that smacked of being "old" or "used." Now that I'm old, I still don't like old things. I haven't purchased a used car since I was a college student. My first post-college bachelor apartment was in a never been rented, brand new apartment complex. I've never purchased a house that wasn't brand new construction. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why when a thing or object (not people) is used or old, I won't touch it. I guess when I retire and no longer have much of an income, I'll have to move into my first "used" or old residence (with other old people), unless I stay where I am until I drop dead.

Back on topic... the analog dash just looks old to me. ICTP looks modern, which is why I went for it. I hope this post isn't too strange.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
For me, the ability to display the map in the instrument cluster sold me on the ICTP. I honestly don't understand folks affection for the analogs.

Reactions: Trek and Hayseed_FP
1 - 20 of 53 Posts