Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pushing it in just makes it so the button doesn’t stick out. If you don’t have the icon then you can’t change the color.

DP
I'm not looking to change the color, but why if I have ambient lighting do I not see the pipes on the doors light up?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
I'm not looking to change the color, but why if I have ambient lighting do I not see the pipes on the doors light up?
I think with out the light package you only get the lights around the shifter, I could be mistaken.

DP

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's a possibility, but Jag confirmed with my VIN that I have ambient lighting. Would Jag install the pipes (doors) on all F Pace's even without the light package?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That's a possibility, but Jag confirmed with my VIN that I have ambient lighting. Would Jag install the pipes (doors) on all F Pace's even without the light package?
I know you have a 2019 Premium, but according to the 2017 Specifications:

PREMIUM HAS:
1. Switchgear & ICP lighting, front & rear map lights, trunk illumination and front downlighters.
2. Overhead light console with JaguarSense control.

PREMIUM DOES NOT HAVE
1. Blue halo illumination on front & rear door signature lines and front & rear door release.
2. Glovebox illumination.
3. Illuminated vanity mirrors.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know you have a 2019 Premium, but according to the 2017 Specifications:

PREMIUM HAS:
1. Switchgear & ICP lighting, front & rear map lights, trunk illumination and front downlighters.
2. Overhead light console with JaguarSense control.

PREMIUM DOES NOT HAVE
1. Blue halo illumination on front & rear door signature lines and front & rear door release.
2. Glovebox illumination.
3. Illuminated vanity mirrors.
Guessing Jaguar did update some options for 2019 Premium as I do have the illuminated vanity mirrors. While the lens is there underneath the dash within the glove box it doesn't light up.

To me it seems that Jaguar wasted money by installing the hardware for some options ie: Glove box light and pipes on doors as they are there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think they actually save money this way. They don’t have to manufacture 2 different kinds of door panels, 1 with the piping and one looking oddly empty without it or putting some kind of other filler in there.

I am kind of surprised they don’t offer some kind of post-purchase buy-up for those types of features. I mean they did for a little while with the “smartphone pack” $300 to enable carplay. How much would you pay to enable ambient lighting (configurable or not) or your glovebox light (lol so petty that they’d leave that out)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It should be an option on your ICTP, swiping right should get you to see it. In that option you can change the colors. Keep in mind if you leave it in Dynamic mode, it will always be Red. The previous owner may not have like it and maybe turned it all the way down?
Actually, in my F Pace you should swipe from right to left...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts