Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is supposed to have ambient lighting.. How does one set this. How does ambient differ from mood lighting. Currently only roof lighting active?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It should be an option on your ICTP, swiping right should get you to see it. In that option you can change the colors. Keep in mind if you leave it in Dynamic mode, it will always be Red. The previous owner may not have like it and maybe turned it all the way down?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Here is the screen that has the *Ambient Lighting* option !
On ours , it is the fourth screen of options , when swiping to the right !

Do you have *Rear Climate Control Switches* in the back of the Center Console ,
for the Passengers in the Rear Seats (second photo) ???

If you don't have them , then you won't have the *Changeable Ambient Lighting* (10-color options) !
As they were both part of the optional *Luxury Package* !

Attachments

Reactions: Gama Green

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Here is the screen that has the *Ambient Lighting* option !
On ours , it is the fourth screen of options , when swiping to the right !
Hey GRVR 2016 called and it wants it ICTP VER 2.0 software back.

Get your system updated. Heck the louder stero would be worth the update.

DP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I was mislead.. The list of features says the car has 'ambient lighting' but can't find these settings.
Even the light in the glove box doesn't come on when said glove box is opened?
A little disappointed ?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I think I was mislead.. The list of features says the car has 'ambient lighting' but can't find these settings.
A little disappointed ?
I'd go back to the dealer if it's close enough and have them check and run you through the options you have. They should be willing to do that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My car is supposed to have ambient lighting...
What model F-Pace do you have? And does it have an ICT or an ICTP system?
The base model doesn't have a glovebox light. Yeah...
Do you have blue light strips in each door? afaicr the control for light level is on the dash to the left of the steering wheel but perhaps that is for an entirely different car ;)

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
A little disappointed ?

Send me your VIN number I will look up what options you should have.

DP

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Sadca2an5ja2811101

Can you verify that this VIN number is correct SADCA2AN5JA281110

Please double check the VIN you have entered is correct. If you are sure it is correct, report an issue with this VIN.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I think there's some confusion on what this is. Most trims have Ambient Lighting, which is the stock blue lights in the doors and trim. In some trims you can option Configurable Ambient Lighting which allows you to change the lighting color through a menu item. Pretty sure your car only has the standard Ambient Lighting with no way to change the color, same that I have in my S trim.

·
Registered
55 Posts
While I don't see the ambient lighting icon within the ICTP is there a chance that I still have it where I can't change the color? (2019 Premium).

Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
It’s likely the hardware lighting is the same, but there’s no way to control it without the software. Similar to how they have to enable carplay even though everything is already there to use it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Update.

Crazy, but I'm learning something new just about each week about the F Pace.

I found out that I do have ambient lighting and was able to see it working (blue) on the buttons below the ICTP and around the center shift dial....Super!

But shouldn't I also see the lighting on the doors and possibly foot wells?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Update.

Crazy, but I'm learning something new just about each week about the F Pace.

I found out that I do have ambient lighting and was able to see it working (blue) on the buttons below the ICTP and around the center shift dial....Super!

But shouldn't I also see the lighting on the doors and possibly foot wells?
Yes there are light pipes on the front and rear door panels. There is no color lights in the foot wells.

swipe left on your ICTP on the last screen it the should be an icon for ambient lighting

DP

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes there are light pipes on the front and rear door panels. There is no color lights in the foot wells.

swipe left on your ICTP on the last screen it the should be an icon for ambient lighting

DP
As previously mentioned I don't have the icon for ambient lighting on my ICTP, but I now def have the blue lights below the ICTP and around the center shifter. When talking with Client Service at Jaguar they confirmed ambient lighting via VIN. But maybe I just have what's called "mood lighting"?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
As previously mentioned I don't have the icon for ambient lighting on my ICTP, but I now def have the blue lights below the ICTP and around the center shifter. When talking with Client Service at Jaguar they confirmed ambient lighting via VIN. But maybe I just have what's called "mood lighting"?
Ambient Lighting is standard on the Premium trim, which you have. What is not available is Configurable Ambient Lighting which allows you to change the color of the ambient lighting. This was part of the Luxury Package which is not available on the Premium trim. It would be doubtful that this could be added via software.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ambient Lighting is standard on the Premium trim, which you have. What is not available is Configurable Ambient Lighting which allows you to change the color of the ambient lighting. This was part of the Luxury Package which is not available on the Premium trim. It would be doubtful that this could be added via software.

I understand that I don't have the option to change colors, but why don't I see the lights on my doors since I was able to confirm that I do have ambient lighting?

Still learning. I was able to get my ambient/mood lighting by turning the dial on the right for the buttons below the ICTP, but what does pushing it in do as it stays in?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
I understand that I don't have the option to change colors, but why don't I see the lights on my doors since I was able to confirm that I do have ambient lighting?

Still learning. I was able to get my ambient/mood lighting by turning the dial on the right for the buttons below the ICTP, but what does pushing it in do as it stays in?

View attachment 71981
Pushing it in just makes it so the button doesn’t stick out. If you don’t have the icon then you can’t change the color.

DP

1 - 20 of 27 Posts