Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2017 F Pace 3.0V6 S, my ambient lighting is a really nice touch however it’s not working around the gear change knob. Can anyone advise

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you have it before and it quit? I believe it is part of the luxury package. Not sure if ever S got that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you’re talking about lighting under the square piece of plastic surrounding the gear knob, then yes it exists on the 17 S model bc mine has it. I think that piece is just held on by a few clips so you might be able to pop it off and check the connection. I’ve never done that, but maybe someone else here has experience w removing that piece.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have an SVR so I have a different shifter. I assume.... It is a similar panel with a different shaped hole. It is held down with clips in each corner that are very strong. The lighting comes from a fiber optic tube that runs around the edge and is secured to the panel you are trying to lift off. It is a bit of a pain to get apart. The actual lights are in the both front corners and the fiber optic tube plugs into them. I really dont see a way that it could fail. There are 2 leds and I doubt both could fail at the same time and if your tube managed to pop out of one of the leds it would still light. You will probably be sorry if you take this thing apart for no reason. Here is a picture of mine without the fiber optic tube. The tube is held on with round clips that dont come off easy. If you start taking this thing out the first thing that is going to happen is your gonna pull out the fiber optic tube from the leds. So, if you start, you gotta go for it. I would try to chase the wires if you are sure your car has that lighting before doing this. I think the side of console comes off. I have never done that. You can not get to the led wires by pulling this panel out. You cant even really see the leds.
Rectangle Analog television Automotive lighting Television Bag
Headgear Rectangle Wood Auto part Tints and shades

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree, it's not likely there is a problem with the light pipe underneath the shift plate. The LED drivers and wiring harness plugs are underneath the rubber coin tray in front of the shifter, which you can easily pry up to check for loose connections.

Hood Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Gas
Blue Material property Automotive exterior Computer hardware Auto part

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille Blue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts