Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I need some help here. I have seen it mentioned that some owners are unhappy with the touch screen. I think the present belief is it is a pain to use while driving. So the last few days I have been paying attention to my use of the touchscreen. Other than turning the heated/cooled seats on I never use the touchscreen. If I am going somewhere unfamiliar I use the route planner app which syncs perfectly with my NAV.

Am I missing something. I have an R Sport that has everything but the luxury package and the drivers assistance package. My second one will have all the toys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi All:

I need some help here. I have seen it mentioned that some owners are unhappy with the touch screen. I think the present belief is it is a pain to use while driving. So the last few days I have been paying attention to my use of the touchscreen. Other than turning the heated/cooled seats on I never use the touchscreen. If I am going somewhere unfamiliar I use the route planner app which syncs perfectly with my NAV.

Am I missing something. I have an R Sport that has everything but the luxury package and the drivers assistance package. My second one will have all the toys.
No, you're not.

ICTP after the Superupdate (which most new deliveries will now have default) is really pretty good, solving most of the problems people had found with it. Just look at this forum... it's practically not a discussion topic anymore. I think two of the biggest threads here are ICTP-related, and they've gone quiet. That's a strong signal.

ICTP itself is designed well, better than most other competitors, and any discussion at this point is really a matter of personal preference and/or typical user awkwardness while adjusting their learned behaviors to a new system. I like ICTP and my favorite color is blue (and BRG on Jags). Others like iDrive and red. Whatever.

If folks are complaining about touch screens in general, and how they could be a distraction, well... that ship has sailed.

So, no, I don't think you're missing anything. Just picking up on the noise of Internet fan forums. Feel free to touchscreen away (without hitting anything).

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
I have said many a time 80% of the people use 20% of the electronics available in a vehicle today. Glad to hear that you are not having any problems.

At some point in the future you will spend so much time on the touch screen that the car will need to be autonomous. The law calls for hands free on mobile phones in most places. Can't wait till the law starts up on touch screens. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts