Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
I was one of the early buyer of F-Pace (Aug 2016). Loved the F-Pace at the beginning and still do but its plagued with so many issues.
Rattling noise, Squeaky breaks, noisy cabin, Squeaky seats, torn leather seats, ICTP glitches, noise from the sunroof and behind the rear view mirror just a few to mention.

My car has been to dealership at least 15-20 times in the last 3 years. The only dealership in Fresno, CA is useless and very incompetent to recognize any of these problems. Eventually stopped taking my car there and just lived with the flaws.

If I get a chance to buy it again I will definitely not buy a brand new model but rather wait 2-3 years till they solve the glitches.

I hate the idea to return the lease but I am also sick of the glitches. What you guys think can be a good replacement SUV of F-Pace?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Velar (with the expectation that the 2020s should have better reliability than the early FPaces and Velars), Cayenne Coupe, and Q8 would be my choices even though they're a little more money. I'm not at all into the Q5s, GLCs, GLEs, X3s, Macans, etc. - those are just everywhere. But that's just my preference. If you read reviews and (undoubtedly) the posts below, you will find glowing recommendations of these cars. If someone forced me to buy a Benz or BMW SUV though, I'd opt for the coupe versions since they are less common.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
450 Posts
Here's one vote for another F Pace. Now that it's been out three years, the "glitches" have improved to "quirks". :D

Reactions: KKPat

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm getting a new SUV this year as well. While I was in Florida visiting my parents I went to Sarasota and looked at every SUV that I was even remotely interested in. Even ones I knew on paper wouldn't work. Every major luxury dealer are within 10 minutes of each other on Clark road. I even looked at the new Lambo Urus since it was sitting out on the lot.

If you want something that you don't see every day or very rarely then you're out of luck except for maybe the suggested Velar. For some reason I rarely see this model. I generally see full size Range Rovers. I even see the Stelvio a few times a week here.

Personally, I don't care about that much. I want something that retails in the 65-70k bracket that's just as sporting in tune/handling as the Fpace with similar interior space. That immediately eliminates the Stelvio, Macan, GLC and any kind of coupe SUV in my price range. The SQ5 is not in the same class with the engine it has. I looked at the Q8 even though it's technically out of my price bracket. It was super nice but not what I was looking for as it's luxury comfort.

That took me to the X3 M40i. It did pretty much everything better than then Fpace.
- It had better tech
- It had a better interior
- The recent remodel put interior/cargo space on par with the Fpace
- It was much faster
- It had better brakes
- The engine sound much better from idle all the way up to near red line where the Fpace v6 sounds better up top with the supercharger
- Handling was just as good as far as I could tell during the test drive

The M40i full painted trim and 21" wheels look great and does a good job at setting itself apart from other x3 on the road. I'll probably opt for the blue paint as well as I like the color and I very rarely see it on the road for some reason.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm getting a new SUV this year as well. While I was in Florida visiting my parents I went to Sarasota and looked at every SUV that I was even remotely interested in. Even ones I knew on paper wouldn't work. Every major luxury dealer are within 10 minutes of each other on Clark road. I even looked at the new Lambo Urus since it was sitting out on the lot.

If you want something that you don't see every day or very rarely then you're out of luck except for maybe the suggested Velar. For some reason I rarely see this model. I generally see full size Range Rovers. I even see the Stelvio a few times a week here.

Personally, I don't care about that much. I want something that retails in the 65-70k bracket that's just as sporting in tune/handling as the Fpace with similar interior space. That immediately eliminates the Stelvio, Macan, GLC and any kind of coupe SUV in my price range. The SQ5 is not in the same class with the engine it has. I looked at the Q8 even though it's technically out of my price bracket. It was super nice but not what I was looking for as it's luxury comfort.

That took me to the X3 M40i. It did pretty much everything better than then Fpace.
- It had better tech
- It was much faster
- It had better brakes
- The engine sound much better from idle all the way up to near red line where the Fpace v6 sounds better up top with the supercharger

The M40i full painted trim and 21" wheels look great and does a good job at setting itself apart from other x3 on the road. I'll probably opt for the blue paint as well as I like the color and I very rarely see it on the road for some reason.

Agree on that, I Change my Fpace for a brand new X5 40i, artic grey with space grey wheels,

-better tech.
- better fuel economy than Jag
-much better interior.
-better handling and feels much better ride.
- looks on point even though i got the Xline version

I'm happy with my selection, the rear tires are fat compared to the Fpace, got the insurance from BMW for tires and wheels.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Sorry to say but I think the newly designed Acura RDX A-spec is one of the best looking mid-size SUVs on the market, especially when it is dressed in the white paint with the black bits. A 2.0-liter turbo sure, but still a very respectable 0-60 time and have heard glowing reviews about driving dynamics.

I would not consider a Velar, Q8, or any Porsche model due to pricing. Though I do like the new Q8 in the sport get up.

The X3 is too boxy, M or not.

The GLC is far to common, even in AMG dress.

The Q5 is an odd shape, not a fan of the body line that runs the length of the vehicle and changes height, and the fake exhaust tips out back are just offensive.

The alfa romeo is unique... uniquely hideous.

If you are looking for an SUV that has the power, the looks, and the dynamics of the F-pace at the same price point I am going to be the first to say it is impossible.

Good luck though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry to say but I think the newly designed Acura RDX A-spec is one of the best looking mid-size SUVs on the market, especially when it is dressed in the white paint with the black bits. A 2.0-liter turbo sure, but still a very respectable 0-60 time and have heard glowing reviews about driving dynamics.

I would not consider a Velar, Q8, or any Porsche model due to pricing. Though I do like the new Q8 in the sport get up.

The X3 is too boxy, M or not.

The GLC is far to common, even in AMG dress.

The Q5 is an odd shape, not a fan of the body line that runs the length of the vehicle and changes height, and the fake exhaust tips out back are just offensive.

The alfa romeo is unique... uniquely hideous.

If you are looking for an SUV that has the power, the looks, and the dynamics of the F-pace at the same price point I am going to be the first to say it is impossible.

Good luck though.
I agree with this (mostly). I just shopped my brains out for almost a year. Finally purchased an f pace yesterday. It had some creaks when I test drove it..they fixed the creaks and one day later (today) they’re back. Not as bad and I’ve read all the info/posts on here about the 2017s. I’m alittle disappointed at the moment I’m not gonna lie. I think sad is a better word. But minus the hiccups, if you can get rid of them ofcourse I’ll agree with the obvious..the jaguar is great looking. I dont think the interior is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But I’ve never owned a premium luxury brand, so it could be just me. Yeah there’s some plastic, prob too much of it. It’s very early for me to comment on the driving dynamics and I can only compare to the others I’ve taken on test drives. For me it was about being unique, attractive exterior and I love the supercharger.

As far as what I shopped and compared to..as mentioned above, the sq5 is kinda plain. Although I dont think anybody would be really disappointed with one. That’s the one I shopped in the beginning and for the longest. Maybe I looked at them so much that I just got tired of them. The drive was a bit softer which I’d prob trade if I could have the jaguar body style.

The BMW X3 m40i was awesome. The engine is fantastic. It just feels like any other bmw from the inside though. And the body style isn’t at all attractive to me. If I purchased I prob wouldn’t be disappointed though.

Macan turbo. I tried my hardest to get into a CPO 2015-2016. But even a 2015 CPO was in the $50k+ range. Maybe if you drop down to a macan S optioned pretty well, that would be a fair comparison.

I think the grass is always gonna be greener after you purchase something. The others might seem like they don’t have the bugs, squeaks, rattles of the jaguar..but just head over to the bmw forum for example and you’ll read about certain issues for sure. That’s just my 2cents.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
If I were you , I would seriously consider the ALL NEW *2020 F-PACE SVR* !!!

They are built at a different assembly plant , and members on here who own one ,
say that the QC in build , is above & beyond that of the previous F-PACES !!!

Also , according to some of those members ,
just starting it up , will "put a SMILE on your face" !!!;)>:)0:)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I recently did this when I bought the SVR and at that time, it was a bit of a crap shoot on the quality thing. My 2017 did have some issues, which have been noted here before, but jag did sort them, or I ended up sorting them myself (rattles and squeaks). And I fully expected the SVR to be much better 3 years down the line and it surely is. Probably a combination of Jag sorting most the original F-Pace issues, as well as SVO just putting some extra touches on putting it together.

I looked at the BMWs first, since my wife loved her 428i and her 440i she has now is awesome to drive and that engine is the best, especially with the Power and Sound kit installed. It pops and crackles much better than the V6 F-Pace now that it has MPPSK installed, and it makes about 380HP with that kit. It would move the X3 along very well I'm sure, but I with JMan on the BMW SUV looks, they look better than last year models but the X3 and X5 are just too boxy and the X6 I don't like at all.

The Stelvio is way too small, and the Maserati doesn't look good at all. While we owned a Q7, I never liked the look of the Q5 and while I like the back of the Macan the rest of the angles look horrible.

I thought about the Mercedes AMG models but the ones in the price range of the SVR either don't have the performance (not even close) or if they get close to the SVR's performance they are way to small or way to expensive.

As for the Velar, I discounted it immediately since I think it looks too much like a Range Rover Sport which I see around here all the time and I wanted more HP than I had with First Edition. And even though they've announce a Velar with the SVR's engine now, I still think it looks too much like the Range Rover sport and that console pics up so much finger prints, I'd be cleaning it 3 or 4 times a day with my OCD. Let alone the fact that it cost quite a bit more than the SVR.

So I'd get the F-Pace SVR again for sure.

Reactions: KKPat and bpmba

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's one vote for another F Pace. Now that it's been out three years, the "glitches" have improved to "quirks". :D
Even if glitches are improved its hard to trust the brand again. Specifically the local dealership in Fresno is useless in identifying and resolving the issues. They are good at selling but poor at servicing. Next dealership is 150miles away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

- It had better tech
- It was much faster
- It had better brakes

I was not looking into that model before you mentioned it. Went and took test drive. Felt in love with X3 M40i Blue. I think that's definitely the front runner for my next car.

Reactions: ExOz

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with this (mostly). I just shopped my brains out for almost a year. Finally purchased an f pace yesterday. It had some creaks when I test drove it..they fixed the creaks and one day later (today) they’re back. Not as bad and I’ve read all the info/posts on here about the 2017s. I’m alittle disappointed at the moment I’m not gonna lie. I think sad is a better word. But minus the hiccups, if you can get rid of them ofcourse I’ll agree with the obvious..the jaguar is great looking. I dont think the interior is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But I’ve never owned a premium luxury brand, so it could be just me. Yeah there’s some plastic, prob too much of it. It’s very early for me to comment on the driving dynamics and I can only compare to the others I’ve taken on test drives. For me it was about being unique, attractive exterior and I love the supercharger.

As far as what I shopped and compared to..as mentioned above, the sq5 is kinda plain. Although I dont think anybody would be really disappointed with one. That’s the one I shopped in the beginning and for the longest. Maybe I looked at them so much that I just got tired of them. The drive was a bit softer which I’d prob trade if I could have the jaguar body style.

The BMW X3 m40i was awesome. The engine is fantastic. It just feels like any other bmw from the inside though. And the body style isn’t at all attractive to me. If I purchased I prob wouldn’t be disappointed though.

Macan turbo. I tried my hardest to get into a CPO 2015-2016. But even a 2015 CPO was in the $50k+ range. Maybe if you drop down to a macan S optioned pretty well, that would be a fair comparison.

I think the grass is always gonna be greener after you purchase something. The others might seem like they don’t have the bugs, squeaks, rattles of the jaguar..but just head over to the bmw forum for example and you’ll read about certain issues for sure. That’s just my 2cents.
Agreed on GLC AMG43 and SQ5 do not have look like F-Pace has. They are also bit softer in driving but handles pretty well. X3 M40i looks boxy but man the sound of engine is amazing. And, it costs almost the same as F-Pace RSport. Macan sports and turbo are expensive and smaller in cargo space.
Its funny how life changes after you have a baby! First priority is not the engine but now its the cargo space !!!:D

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Speaking of the Volvo, I love the look of the Xc60 and the XC90, I think they are the only SUVs that really gives the F-Pace a run for the looks crown. With that said, unless things changed and I didn't notice, a 4 Cylinder, Turbo, even with the 87HP extra Plug in electric motor, simply does not seem to be enough power. I think it's probably adequate for the XC60, but clearly not the 90. Although, they are pretty SUVs and they catch my eye every time one drives by. If only they had a higher power version.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think that now Jaguar has pretty much got the F-Pace sorted it would be worth looking at the 2021 face lift, but if you can't wait that long then stick with the 2019/2020 Jaguar. Alternatively take a look at the Volvo XC60 T6 with the Polestar engine upgrade. That will give you a little poke (340bhp) or, again, wait for their next edition that will be at the very least a hybrid. The trouble is that by waiting you are missing out on the "now". The Volvo is "boxy" but in a stylish Scandinavian sort of way and the two brands actually compare well on equipment and price. On the other hand, if money is no object, forget the class altogether and put your name down for an Aston Martin AM-RB 003 because the Valkyrie is sold out!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Agreed on GLC AMG43 and SQ5 do not have look like F-Pace has. They are also bit softer in driving but handles pretty well. X3 M40i looks boxy but man the sound of engine is amazing. And, it costs almost the same as F-Pace RSport. Macan sports and turbo are expensive and smaller in cargo space.
Its funny how life changes after you have a baby! First priority is not the engine but now its the cargo space !!!:D
Another thing to consider is the warranty on the BMW X3 m40i. New/CPO isn’t as good as the jaguar. I think that’s where they’ve gained some sales..when in doubt people will protect themselves with a good warranty. I know for myself it was one of the big reasons that pulled me closer to the jaguar. The CPO warranty is phenomenal.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That's a fact... The 5/60 warranty and maintenance was a huge factor in us choosing the JAG F Pace.

The bonus will be if it proves to be worth keeping after 5/60 due to its confidence inspiring dependability...…. Time will tell....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Speaking of the Volvo, I love the look of the Xc60 and the XC90, I think they are the only SUVs that really gives the F-Pace a run for the looks crown. With that said, unless things changed and I didn't notice, a 4 Cylinder, Turbo, even with the 87HP extra Plug in electric motor, simply does not seem to be enough power. I think it's probably adequate for the XC60, but clearly not the 90. Although, they are pretty SUVs and they catch my eye every time one drives by. If only they had a higher power version.
I'll probably seriously look at the Volvo again in about 3 years when I dump the M40i. We test drove the xc60 t6 and it was a great. Had decent power, comfortable, liked the interior and exterior looks especially the seats. But it's not fun to drive in any way.

That's a fact... The 5/60 warranty and maintenance was a huge factor in us choosing the JAG F Pace.

The bonus will be if it proves to be worth keeping after 3/60 due to its confidence inspiring dependability...…. Time will tell....
I don't receive the benefit of the longer warranty in the same way as other people. I've had the Fpace for 2y and 3m and I'm out of warranty already. BMW is 4/50 which I suppose is better then something like a Chevy 3/36.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll probably seriously look at the Volvo again in about 3 years when I dump the M40i. We test drove the xc60 t6 and it was a great. Had decent power, comfortable, liked the interior and exterior looks especially the seats. But it's not fun to drive in any way.

I don't receive the benefit of the longer warranty in the same way as other people. I've had the Fpace for 2y and 3m and I'm out of warranty already. BMW is 4/50 which I suppose is better then something like a Chevy 3/36.
I guess there are many factors that go along with the warrant. Idk if you’re saying you just didn’t get a long enough warranty or wouldn’t benefit from one? The bmw if purchased new vs a preowned f-pace might be comparable or slightly better for the bmw. But for me personally I was able to save over $5k..get the vehicle I preferred and have about the same warranty (time frame) but with the jaguar if I really wanted I could drive it 80k miles over the next 3+ years and still be covered the entire way. Again, everything has to factor into what’s best for you. How much you drive, how long you keep your vehicles etc.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I guess there are many factors that go along with the warrant. Idk if you’re saying you just didn’t get a long enough warranty or wouldn’t benefit from one?

I can see where there wasn't enough detail there. I just meant that that the 10,000mi difference between these two vehicles for example is only 4ish months of drive time for me. So 1 year / 10,000mi can be a factor that someone uses but for me it's more like 0 year / 4 months.

But I don't really see this thread as Jag vs Whatever. Even though the title is Alternatives to the Fpace, as far as I can see anyone who is posting about different vehicles already has or has had a Fpace. It's more about what vehicle you're moving into after the Fpace.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts