Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all,
Well I'm part of the Audi diesel buy back program. I can say that I absolutely love my Audi A3 TDI. Audi is buying the car back and I was set to buy a Q5 until I test drove the FPace. I'm ready to jump ship. I'm looking at the Prestige package. Any advice anyone has on pricing, negotiations, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aloha and welcome to the group, Brian @BCB70. You've made a great choice in picking the FP as your next vehicle. There are a lot of ways to option your FP, it just comes down to your budget, how you plan to use it, and your preferences and comfort requirements.

It's been a few years since we've moved from Hawaii Kai, but I seem to remember there was a Jaguar showroom on Kapiolani Blvd near Ward Ave, next to an Audi dealer. Don't know much about that dealership, but we can certainly help answer any questions about options and how the FP performs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and the Jaguar community! I'm a first-time Jag owner with my F-Pace, and 7 months in I love it and still look forward to every drive.

With regard to your questions, I recommend you use the builder on the Jag website to figure out what features might be appealing, and use this forum to answer specific questions from a user perspective. I have a Prestige which retails for about $52k and it's everything I want/need, while many others here have versions that are a lot more decked out. My only regret (a minor one) is not getting the adaptive dynamics ($1k) -- my F-Pace handles beautifully, but people who have done side by side comparisons say it makes a significant difference. The car is already a blast to drive, but if it truly handles even better, that's an investment I wish I'd made.

Regardless, the best thing about the F-Pace is the combination of looks, driving performance, and size/utility -- and you get these things with the base model.

There are already some threads here on discounts -- prices seem to be close to sticker, with discounts more likely to be achieved in markets with multiple dealers competing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes , I agree with sg92 . One option that is a must and provide good value is the adaptive dynamics , it monitors your gas pedal position , speed and steering wheel position 500 times a second to give you the most comfortable ride and handling .
I believe the shocks have an extra bump ( don't know if that's the right technical term ) so it rides softer especially on eco
mode. You can also adjust your personal settings on shocks , engine rpm responds and steering wheel while on dynamic mode. Do not get actual size spare tire and wheel if you don't want a big hump in the middle of the trunk. Other than that , the rest will be your personal choice.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
If there is any chance at all you will use, or for help with resale value, consider
1) roof rails, cannot be added other than during build
3) tow hitch & associated electronics; very good value if done at build, hellaciously expensive as a later accessory add, very low profile, you will barely know it's there

Tons of other passionately debated threads on here on various options as well as negotiations, price, etc.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome. Great advice from those above as to optioning your F-Pace. I too was eyeing the new Q5, but dropped it when I saw the F-Pace. Love the car! The Comfort and Convenience Pack should work well for Hawaii.

The fun of driving the Pace with Hawaii's speed limits may place your license at risk!

Please read the threads on the ICTPro info system before you commit the $ to it. Car & Driver had a recent article on the Jag XE that gives an opinion near the end of the article on the ICTPro infotainment system that is not far off from my experience: 2017 Jaguar XE 20d AWD Tested ? Review ? Car and Driver

The system is getting better, but the update process is tedious for both dealer and owner.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Welcome. Great advice from those above as to optioning your F-Pace. I too was eyeing the new Q5, but dropped it when I saw the F-Pace. Love the car! The Comfort and Convenience Pack should work well for Hawaii.

The fun of driving the Pace with Hawaii's speed limits may place your license at risk!

Please read the threads on the ICTPro info system before you commit the $ to it. Car & Driver had a recent article on the Jag XE that gives an opinion near the end of the article on the ICTPro infotainment system that is not far off from my experience: 2017 Jaguar XE 20d AWD Tested ? Review ? Car and Driver

The system is getting better, but the update process is tedious for both dealer and owner.

Just to note, anyone ordering today, even off dealer lot, and getting ICTP would receive their. vehicle with update already installed so would have to worry about update process.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just to note, anyone ordering today, even off dealer lot, and getting ICTP would receive their. vehicle with update already installed so would have to worry about update process.
As usual: VZX-CO is spot on: I listen to this guy! CO and I do have the latest update which will be on the car if BCB70's is already on the lot.

I mentioned the update process because I hear (hope) there will be a Spring Update that will dispatch some irritating music playback issues and massage the Info-sys.: If Brian orders, he may hope for a Fall '17 Update too!

·
Registered
117 Posts
ALOHA! I just moved back from HI and actually ordered my F Pace prior to departure so it would be waiting for me when I arrived on the mainland.

Would HIGHLY recommend getting a roof rack and activity key. Also consider the waterproof seat covers accessories. I would have LOVED to have the activity key when I lived there, it was getting old taking my Land Rover's key fob apart so it would fit in my lock box when I went parked at the beach to play in the ocean.

Not sure about how to get a good deal. When I was checking them out a JLR Honolulu, they had their mandatory ~$4000 protection package on all their cars. This package maybe got you $200 worth of stuff. If they don't budge on that, you're still coming out on top paying sticker on the mainland and shipping to HI.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe I'm feeling good about my order: Prestige with adaptive dynamics, roof rack, tow hitch, heated windshield and stuck with ICT. I've heard the vision package promoted, but where I live didn't see the need for it. Mine ran just at 54K...with no dealers closer than 150 miles-not much negotiating power re: dealer competition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all of the great advice everyone. One option I had not considered was the adaptive dynamics. I will definitely take a look at it now. Roof racks and sport key are a must here in Hawaii.
All I am waiting on now is my buy back check from Audi. I hope to get in on the next FP allotment after the first of the year.

Thanks again for the advice. I look forward to chatting with everyone in the future

Brian

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think VZX probably pointed out the most important items you want to consider up front that can't be changed later after the build outside of electronics (ICT or ICTP) and your engine choices. One of the other things I would recommend that wasn't mentioned above is the HUD Display. I absolutely love mine and while it is a little pricy it's something I use all the time. I never look at the main instrument cluster for speed anymore. I only wish the darn Shift points or tach appeared up there for use with the paddle shifters!

The other recommendation above the items already mentioned is I would suggest is that you go to the threads and research ICT vs ICTP as that is a pretty big decision. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice at this point with the patches and updates that have been applied. I think it simply comes down to how much do you care about a state of the art navi and audio system vs something that looks and sounds about 3 or 4 years old. If you don't care much about the best audio and latest Navi, and want to save $3k, the ICT system is perfectly fine from my use of it in the loaners I have from time to time.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Get ICTP. Mine works perfectly now. By the time your car is delivered all the bugs will have been worked out of it, anyway. Of course, you may prefer the more traditional look of analogue gauges. To each his own. Personally, I had to have the latest tech.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Get ICTP. Mine works perfectly now. By the time your car is delivered all the bugs will have been worked out of it, anyway. Of course, you may prefer the more traditional look of analogue gauges. To each his own. Personally, I had to have the latest tech.
Trek: Does your ICTPro play thumb drive/usb music files without skipping like an old LP, especially several minutes after start-up or selecting a new playlist while underway? I'd like to eliminate this "feature" from my music playback. Any advise?

Sorry everyone, somewhat off topic.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts

Trek: Does your ICTPro play thumb drive/usb music files without skipping like an old LP, especially several minutes after start-up or selecting a new playlist while underway? I'd like to eliminate this "feature" from my music playback. Any advise?

Sorry everyone, somewhat off topic.
My JAGMUSIC USB stick I created has worked with no problems since day one. From memory because I'm traveling I thinks it's 16gb formatted FAT.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My JAGMUSIC USB stick I created has worked with no problems since day one. From memory because I'm traveling I thinks it's 16gb formatted FAT.
I use a Samsung 128 Gig formatted in FAT 32 plugged into one of the console USB ports. I used an 8k block size. Could the 128 Gig be the issue? I'll have to test it with a smaller stick.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for all of the advice. I'm getting closer to placing my order. Can anyone explain why in the prestige package you can get a black dash with the oyster interior but not the latte? I'm not a huge fan of the mocha dash. Doesn't seem like it should be a big issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update. I was able to work a good deal with an in stock diesel Rsport at the local dealer. ICTPro is very nice although I'm still trying to figure out how everything works. I want to make sure I'm not overlooking any options that I'm not aware of.
Wife and I are very pleased with the purchase.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts