Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went outside this morning to find out that all the windows in my car were fully down. I know that all the windows were up last night when I parked the car, plus in my almost fine years of owning a car, I might have put all the windows down once.

Anyhow - I wonder if this is an issue that I need to replace the car's battery. I know I'll need to replace the battery soon anyway. But I may be wrong, but I remember reading when batteries start getting old, they do stupid tricks like that.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
There is a feature called Global Opening. Maybe you accidentally activated it.

To unlock the vehicle and open all of the windows simultaneously, press and hold the smart key's unlock button for 3 seconds.
To cancel global opening, press any of the buttons on the smart key.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bet somehow your key fob had the unlock button pressed accidentally (like in your pocket) and held down. Or, there is something like lint stuck in the inside of the fob causing the unlock button to be constantly activated. I haven't had this happen on a Jag fob, but have on another vehicle.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I had this happen a couple times to me as I used to keep the fob in my left back pocket all day. If I was sitting it would sometimes activate the lock or the panic button. One time it did the windows as well. Good thing is my F-Pace was in the garage at the time. It doesn't happen with my 21 as I typically wear the activity key for my fob access when driving the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts