1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the diesel club!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Where is home, and what options did you decide on?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
*CONGRATULATIONS* Breedlove , on your BEAUTIFUL New F-Pace !!!
I noticed you only have ONE spot available in the Garage . . . . Which one takes it ??? ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations Breedlove. It looks like a nice happy diesel family. I've had a diesel pickup truck forever and my diesel F-pace just got off the boat over the weekend to complete the stable. They will both live outside though!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Congrats. The diesel is the way to go for performance, mileage and styling.
*STYLING* ???????
Do you mean the badge that says *20d* ?
Because , other then that , I don't get it ! >:)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Congrats. The diesel is the way to go for performance, mileage and styling.
Correction about performance and styling. The diesel is slower than the petrol F-Pace. Slower to 60 and lower top speed. I'll give diesel the mileage crown, but it's only a concern for people worried about mileage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome! You are going to love your FP diesel. And yes, diesels are the way to go for performance, mileage, and styling. Nice Beetle too! Please don't sell that nice 2013 back to VW. It needs to stay on the road where it can be enjoyed. If you ever want to get rid of the VW just let me know, seriously.

Takes a special breed to enjoy and appreciate diesels. My wife has her Fpace 2.0TD and I have a Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. The EcoDiesel gets 32.5 on the highway! The FP routinely achieves 40+. I am picking up a 2014 Chevy Cruze diesel with 11,500 miles on Tuesday. Will do an emissions delete on the Cruze and expect mid to high 50s.

Reputable rumor has it that many of the lastest model VW TDIs will be updated and resold by VW. Would love to get my hands on a 2013-2015 Beetle or Golf. We can only hope.

Diesels are gaining popularity as many manufacturers rush in to fill the demand that VW left behind. With the EPA being reined in, diesels will become more popular in the years to come.

Anyway, enjoy those diesels and don't let the snobs spoil your day.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Correction about performance and styling. The diesel is slower than the petrol F-Pace. Slower to 60 and lower top speed. I'll give diesel the mileage crown, but it's only a concern for people worried about mileage.
You get all three with a diesel. With a gasser you only get two :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Correction about performance and styling...
I'd much rather try to get in trouble with 180hp than actually get in trouble with 380hp. I'm sure that argument won't convert anyone with the big gas engines :)

Reactions: MTHM and GRVR

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The way I rationalize it is... When I was young and less mature I bought fast cars and bikes that I couldn't afford and didn't need ( and sometimes got me in trouble...)..... Now that I'm older, I can afford fast cars, but the maturity cycle and learned practicality side of me says "you don't really need it..." and you know what? You really don't......

Count me in the Diesel practicality club... two in the barn and hopefully a 2018 20D R-Sport on order by this coming Friday....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'd much rather try to get in trouble with 180hp than actually get in trouble with 380hp. I'm sure that argument won't convert anyone with the big gas engines :)
As one in the traditional Jaguar demographic, I smile over the way the size of engines has gotten smaller but the power so much greater. "Big gas engines" to me are those like in the first car I owned, 430 cubic inches, or 7 liters. The FP 3.0 is a tiny 183 cubic inches in comparison. That said, the 430 put out 390 horsepower, just ten more than the new engine which is less than half the displacement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts