Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Alignment after lowering

15K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Migaloo 
#1 ·
For those of you who have lowered your F-PACE's so far, did you go to the dealer or a 3rd party for an alignment after lowering? or did you not get an alignment? :)

#3 · (Edited)
G Man, to be honest I lowered my SUV. I wanted an SUV not to go offload, but to be able to tow and do the various things you do with an SUV, but I also wanted my SUV to handle and look sporty. I felt that the F-pace sat a bit high when I got it and I feel where mine sits right now is almost perfect. I would raise the back about a half inch to match the gaps but other than that I'm thrilled with the lowering I did and love the look.

As for the Alignment, I had Jag do it and with the lowering they obviously got the toe aligned perfectly, but the camber is a little in on the back since there is no way to adjust the camber in the rear on the F-Pace from what they've told me.

They also have said there is no real issues with anything else from the lowering. Since my F-Pace now has progressive springs, the ride over smaller bumps is actually better than the stock springs. Bigger bumps clearly are a little harsher.

Reactions: Senna
#5 ·
Just to give all the Fine Folks out there a little LOOKSY ,
at the *VISUAL EFFECTS* of Lowering the F-PACE !!!

1. @ckkcmx5 - Satin/Matte Grey

2. @PA-FPace-F - Caesium Blue

3. @RMR - Grey

4. @Senna - Black

5. & 6. @REDrabbit - White w/20" Wheels & w/22" Wheels

I think you will have to agree ,
that the RESULTS of these LOWERED BEAUTIES , *Speak For Themselves* !!!:D

Attachments

#6 ·
well that's one way to do it, perfect post @GRVR dang they look good

Reactions: PA-FPace-F and GRVR
#8 ·
*trades in F-Pace*
Haha

Reactions: danke
#14 ·
Gosh pay attention :D

From what I've read it seem the main two are H&R progressive sport springs (non adjustable) and the KW adjustable springs. H&R's will lower it more than the adjustable KW springs and it seems KW's may be a little too soft for some. But of course that's all personal preference and what you're going for. I love coilovers and a set on my truck (lifted not lowered) and love having that adjustability to get each corner perfect but I liked that face that the H&R's were a little lower and progressive and stiffer, soooo that's what I ordered up.

I plan on installing myself, I know a couple others have as well but I'm sure some had it installed by the dealer or local shop too?

Reactions: migmasta
#15 · (Edited)
@PA-FPace-F I saw that you did the install yourself, were there any tools required out of the ordinary? I have a lot of the basics, impact gun, most sizes of sockets and wrenches etc. but no specialty tools or spring compressor if needed (not sure how the stock design is on the F-pace)?

#16 ·

So my son is a tech by trade so for me doing it myself was really helping him and we did it at his dealership. He has everything you'd need including a spring compressor which is required. I also, per the directions in the F-Pace Jag Tech Manual, replaced most of the mounting hardware. I think that was probably overkill, but that is what the tech manual that the Jag tech use said. You can download the pieces of the directions you need from the Topix site. You can use an hourly or daily subscription and then pull down what you need during that day.

#17 ·
Migmasta as FirstAssent posted, most of us used the H&Rs and KWs, The H&Rs were reasonable, I think around $300, the KWs were closer to $1000 since they are more like a coil over setup and have adjustments. I will be pulling the H&Rs off of my F-Pace FE when I trade it in on the SVR. I also plan on pulling the Quicksilver. I will put the Quicksilver up for sale, and will be wrestling on whether or not I will put the H&Rs on the SVR when I get it this fall. I may order the KWs for the SVR since I have a connection now to get them close to cost (unfortunately it's not a connection i can share since it's really an employee discount that can be extended to family members but not further).

I'm a bit worried about the softer ride statement, but technically, the H&Rs are really softer than stock over small bumps due to being progressive. The KWs are progressive as well, so they may actually ride identical to the H&Rs. It would be really cool to be able to drive a couple F-Paces with both sets of springs back to back. However, I'm probably going to have to go with the next best thing on the SVR. First make sure either set will work and that the SVR's suspension is the same as the F-paces (which I believe it is other than some programming on the Dynamic Suspension), then mount the KWs drive the beast with them for a while and then decide if I like them better than the H&Rs or not. If not, switch to the H&Rs.

Note I will replace all the hardware again when doing the swap on the SVR, as I said above, I think it's overkill but the mounting hardware is aluminum and perhaps that's a reason for swaping it out on a replacement.

Reactions: migmasta
#21 ·
Can you post a link to these springs. Is this just springs only you reaplace? I feel the space between the tire and fender is a bit big also. How much dose this drop by?

This and SVR type of exhaust are my two mods I would like to make on the new one.

DP

#22 ·
The ones I ordered are the H&R Sport Spring which the specs say lowers by 1.2". These are the springs only, not an adjustable coilover. I ordered these from the same company that I ordered my wheels through so I got a good deal, no website link but I've seen them for around $300. However, the H&R part number is 28730-2

NOTE: Specs say this is for the 2017-2018 F-Pace but I'm confident there will be no issues with the 2019 as well and I'd bet they will update this once the MY19 are out.

I'd love the SVR type exhaust as well and that or SOME type of exhaust is high on my list but it will have to probably wait a few months after the vehicle arrives. I've already ordered custom wheels and the springs, and plan on tinting and ceramic coating hopefully ASAP when the car gets here. So I need to take a break and save for exhaust, and there still isn't much out there (anything?) for SVR type exhaust at least as far as style goes with the quad tip.

Reactions: DPinTX
#27 ·
For those that have had the H&Rs for KWs for about a year now, how do they hold up and what are your thoughts on them now?

My 22s are on now, and the gap is a tad too much for me. I want to snug them up, but I've never liked the idea of changing springs without also changing the shock tower. I believe to date, the only 2 choices we have are the H&R springs and the KW coils. Anything new?

#30 ·
I lowered mine with H&R Springs. Staggered wheels, 20x9.5 275/40R20 front, 20x11 315/35R20 rear.
I got an alignment after lowering. Tech said jaguar has no specs for the camber and their is no way to adjust it from factory.
I Installed adjustable rear upper control arms and got rear camber back to stock. I have not found the
perfect fix for the front - although it is not out much -1.5 degree both sides. Still looking for a fix.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.