Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have lowered your F-PACE's so far, did you go to the dealer or a 3rd party for an alignment after lowering? or did you not get an alignment? :)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Why would anyone lower a SUV, I guess for the same reason as someone who install a lift kit on a Corvette.
G Man, to be honest I lowered my SUV. I wanted an SUV not to go offload, but to be able to tow and do the various things you do with an SUV, but I also wanted my SUV to handle and look sporty. I felt that the F-pace sat a bit high when I got it and I feel where mine sits right now is almost perfect. I would raise the back about a half inch to match the gaps but other than that I'm thrilled with the lowering I did and love the look.

As for the Alignment, I had Jag do it and with the lowering they obviously got the toe aligned perfectly, but the camber is a little in on the back since there is no way to adjust the camber in the rear on the F-Pace from what they've told me.

They also have said there is no real issues with anything else from the lowering. Since my F-Pace now has progressive springs, the ride over smaller bumps is actually better than the stock springs. Bigger bumps clearly are a little harsher.

Reactions: Senna

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G Man, to be honest I lowered my SUV. I wanted an SUV not to go offload, but to be able to tow and do the various things you do with an SUV, but I also wanted my SUV to handle and look sporty. I felt that the F-pace sat a bit high when I got it and I feel where mine sits right now is almost perfect. I would raise the back about a half inch to match the gaps but other than that I'm thrilled with the lowering I did and love the look.

As for the Alignment, I had Jag do it and with the lowering they obviously got the toe aligned perfectly, but the camber is a little in on the back since there is no way to adjust the camber in the rear on the F-Pace from what they've told me.

They also have said there is no real issues with anything else from the lowering. Since my F-Pace now has progressive springs, the ride over smaller bumps is actually better than the stock springs. Bigger bumps clearly are a little harsher.
Agreed, I don't have mine yet but from all the photos I've seen on here the F-PACE looks clean and natural lowered. and for the real heavy lifting, I have a truck (lifted haha) :) The FP will be my daily driver which doesn't involve off-road use. I'll put some winter tires on in the "winter" for mountain trips but for what I'll be doing lowering it won't affect it in a negative way.

Thanks, I was planning on just having Jag do it as well so I'll stick with that. Interesting about the camber, you would think that "should" be adjustable on just about ANY car these days. guess not :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Just to give all the Fine Folks out there a little LOOKSY ,
at the *VISUAL EFFECTS* of Lowering the F-PACE !!!

1. @ckkcmx5 - Satin/Matte Grey

2. @PA-FPace-F - Caesium Blue

3. @RMR - Grey

4. @Senna - Black

5. & 6. @REDrabbit - White w/20" Wheels & w/22" Wheels

I think you will have to agree ,
that the RESULTS of these LOWERED BEAUTIES , *Speak For Themselves* !!!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that's one way to do it, perfect post @GRVR dang they look good

Reactions: PA-FPace-F and GRVR

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: danke

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
*trades in F-Pace*
Haha
Its not my cup of tea but for those who like to lift sport cars and lower trucks, its right up your alley.
I’m actually not a fan of lifted cars or lowered trucks. And for SUV’s it would have to depend on the model and how sporty it was. So it’s hit or miss, the F-Pace looks great lowered, to me. But I wouldn’t lower a Jeep personally, or most SUV’s actually

·
Registered
94 Posts

can you post some pics...

·
Registered
94 Posts
that's what i get from reading posts arse backwards LOL, ignore the pics request

on another note for the folks that lowered, where did you get it done and what products did you use...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's what i get from reading posts arse backwards LOL, ignore the pics request

on another note for the folks that lowered, where did you get it done and what products did you use...
Gosh pay attention :D

From what I've read it seem the main two are H&R progressive sport springs (non adjustable) and the KW adjustable springs. H&R's will lower it more than the adjustable KW springs and it seems KW's may be a little too soft for some. But of course that's all personal preference and what you're going for. I love coilovers and a set on my truck (lifted not lowered) and love having that adjustability to get each corner perfect but I liked that face that the H&R's were a little lower and progressive and stiffer, soooo that's what I ordered up.

I plan on installing myself, I know a couple others have as well but I'm sure some had it installed by the dealer or local shop too?

Reactions: migmasta

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
@PA-FPace-F I saw that you did the install yourself, were there any tools required out of the ordinary? I have a lot of the basics, impact gun, most sizes of sockets and wrenches etc. but no specialty tools or spring compressor if needed (not sure how the stock design is on the F-pace)?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
@PA-FPace-F I saw that you did the install yourself, were there any tools required out of the ordinary? I have a lot of the basics, impact gun, most sizes of sockets and wrenches etc. but no specialty tools or spring compressor if needed (not sure how the stock design is on the F-pace)?
So my son is a tech by trade so for me doing it myself was really helping him and we did it at his dealership. He has everything you'd need including a spring compressor which is required. I also, per the directions in the F-Pace Jag Tech Manual, replaced most of the mounting hardware. I think that was probably overkill, but that is what the tech manual that the Jag tech use said. You can download the pieces of the directions you need from the Topix site. You can use an hourly or daily subscription and then pull down what you need during that day.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Migmasta as FirstAssent posted, most of us used the H&Rs and KWs, The H&Rs were reasonable, I think around $300, the KWs were closer to $1000 since they are more like a coil over setup and have adjustments. I will be pulling the H&Rs off of my F-Pace FE when I trade it in on the SVR. I also plan on pulling the Quicksilver. I will put the Quicksilver up for sale, and will be wrestling on whether or not I will put the H&Rs on the SVR when I get it this fall. I may order the KWs for the SVR since I have a connection now to get them close to cost (unfortunately it's not a connection i can share since it's really an employee discount that can be extended to family members but not further).

I'm a bit worried about the softer ride statement, but technically, the H&Rs are really softer than stock over small bumps due to being progressive. The KWs are progressive as well, so they may actually ride identical to the H&Rs. It would be really cool to be able to drive a couple F-Paces with both sets of springs back to back. However, I'm probably going to have to go with the next best thing on the SVR. First make sure either set will work and that the SVR's suspension is the same as the F-paces (which I believe it is other than some programming on the Dynamic Suspension), then mount the KWs drive the beast with them for a while and then decide if I like them better than the H&Rs or not. If not, switch to the H&Rs.

Note I will replace all the hardware again when doing the swap on the SVR, as I said above, I think it's overkill but the mounting hardware is aluminum and perhaps that's a reason for swaping it out on a replacement.

Reactions: migmasta

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

So my son is a tech by trade so for me doing it myself was really helping him and we did it at his dealership. He has everything you'd need including a spring compressor which is required. I also, per the directions in the F-Pace Jag Tech Manual, replaced most of the mounting hardware. I think that was probably overkill, but that is what the tech manual that the Jag tech use said. You can download the pieces of the directions you need from the Topix site. You can use an hourly or daily subscription and then pull down what you need during that day.

Thanks, just to confirm, if I pay for the hourly subscription will I be able to save everything I need for this specific job for later use? I'm hoping I can do that so I can get the parts on order now so that I have everything ready once the car arrives but not have to pay for another subscription at the time of install.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Thanks, just to confirm, if I pay for the hourly subscription will I be able to save everything I need for this specific job for later use? I'm hoping I can do that so I can get the parts on order now so that I have everything ready once the car arrives but not have to pay for another subscription at the time of install.
Yes if you download, but if you PM me with a email address there may be another option.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes if you download, but if you PM me with a email address there may be another option.
Btw, I went to the dealer today to order the nuts and bolts needed to install new springs, no issues getting everything for the MY19. Now if only I had the actual vehicle ha

Cost me $215

Reactions: danke
1 - 20 of 30 Posts