Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Nice, it looks like the offspring of a interlude between a Macan and an F-Pace.

I don't know about their quality, but in red its looks pretty sexy. I'd have to get used to the beak though.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Striking! And you get 4 exhaust tips too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
For me, the F-Pace was at the end of a long frustrating search. The Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio was one of many cars I would have purchased if available. They are killing it right now in the design dept.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I really like the wheels, but the more pics I see the less impressive the exterior styling becomes. Either way it's nice to see some Italian flare in a German saturated market.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the wheels, but the more pics I see the less impressive the exterior styling becomes. Either way it's nice to see some Italian flare in a German saturated market.
You're right. Those pics do make it look a. It more bland, not bad though. Looks kind of small there.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
This is two different vehicles in the pics? The vehicle on the top right is the one I like. The roofline and rear window styling it more F-Pace like and the front end looks much better IMHO. Th other three pics look more Macan like and also look like a much smaller vehicle. So is this two different Alfa's or one real alpha and the the other pic is a concept car or something?

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you think we've had first year woes, that car will likely have a lot more. But it is beautiful.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Italian design is stunning
You think that front end is stunning?! That is one of the ugliest front ends I have ever seen on a car. The rest of the car reminds me of the Maserati Levante but god that front end is hideous. IMO of course.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You've never seen a Lexus?
Have had a lexus, thought there front end was done well. Aggressive, wide stance. the Alfa Romeros front end is terribly done, it follows their design language but its ugly, like a thin little upside down triangle. Lexus does it well, makes the car have a wide aggressive stance, specifically in F-sport form.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have had a lexus, thought there front end was done well. Aggressive, wide stance. the Alfa Romeros front end is terribly done, it follows their design language but its ugly, like a thin little upside down triangle. Lexus does it well, makes the car have a wide aggressive stance, specifically in F-sport form.
I kid, I kid. Lexus has made some nice looking cars, but the current storm trooper look seems like the kind of thing that happens when nobody has the guts or freedom to challenge a boss...

I'll point out that the triangle is a standard Alfa design element going way back. Like it or not, it would be really weird if it weren't there.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I kid, I kid. Lexus has made some nice looking cars, but the current storm trooper look seems like the kind of thing that happens when nobody has the guts or freedom to challenge a boss...

I'll point out that the triangle is a standard Alfa design element going way back. Like it or not, it would be really weird if it weren't there.
Right, thats why I mentioned it is their design language, but like Lexus I feel they should have maybe increased the size of the upside down triangle. You don't see the same size grille on a Lexus IS that you would see on an RX, it increases in size because its a larger vehicle so I think the front end would be a bit better if the grille was a bit larger.

About lexus, agree and disagree. I think in standard form their cars can be pretty hideous as well. But almost every car they sell in F-sport trim looks awesome. Very wide and aggressive stance. Take the GS F for example, I think thats one of the best looking cars in the segment. Slower then everyone else, but very good looking IMO

·
Registered
37 Posts
It does look stunning. But I feel it's not tall enough off ground, the ride height seems slightly higher than a Benz GLA. F-Pace's higher ground clearance is useful in many situation, I am not talking about off-road as we won't take it off-road lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Italian design is stunning
You think that front end is stunning?! That is one of the ugliest front ends I have ever seen on a car. The rest of the car reminds me of the Maserati Levante but god that front end is hideous. IMO of course.
It shares a platform with the levante (i think) but in my opinion the levante looks like an infintii and this looks like a svelte Italian. Subhective but i just love alfas. Horrible cars but they are beautiful. I just forget about everything else after looking at them

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It shares a platform with the levante (i think) but in my opinion the levante looks like an infintii and this looks like a svelte Italian. Subhective but i just love alfas. Horrible cars but they are beautiful. I just forget about everything else after looking at them
Everything but the front looks VERY similar to the levante, especially the tail lights and side profile. Pretty sure top of the line model shares an engine with a Ferrari. A 2.7L twin-turbo V6 pushing out over 500 HP. Now that is impressive.

Agreed, looks are subjective, never really liked Alfas design but I really think they could have improved it here... maybe make the grill a bit larger to fill up the front end a bit more.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts