Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the airbag warning labels on our sun visors. I have been able to remove labels on other cars using acetone, but no such luck with the F-Pace.

Stopped off at two separate auto upholstery companies today to look into covering my sun visors (maybe with alcantara) to hide the airbag warning labels. Both were high end shops and both turned me down. They said they would not get a satisfactory result and I would not be happy. Has anybody successfully covered their sun visors or removed the airbag warning labels and care to share advice and pictures? I posted a similar question on the UK forum.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Just to echo this, yes, I as well hate those labels and am looking for an alternative.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, especially if you have a black headliner. They appear to glow!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am wondering how some black fabric paint would look..... a wide sharpie... something...
How about a black sticker or colored duct tape

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am wondering how some black fabric paint would look..... a wide sharpie... something...
Fabric/vinyl spray is a good idea. Wonder how hard it is to remove the visors and then reinstall after painting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To revive an old thread:

Got tired enough of the air bag stickers that I purchased new sun visors and had them sent to an upholstery shop somewhere in Michigan to be covered in jet alcantara. Will post pictures when I receive them if anyone is interested. Is it a simple (foolproof) job to remove and replace the visors (I have the ones with lights) or should I have the dealer do it?

Greg.

·
Banned
298 Posts
This came up in the BMW 6 series forum, as the airbag label looks really hideous on the Alcantara. Somebody hired a company to make properly sized M stickers - problem solved. I honestly don't know the name of the company, but it can be done.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts