Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Airbag light on tachometer stays on

18K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  VZX-CO 
#1 ·
I tried searching the forum but have not had much like finding any info. The airbag light on the tachometer tends to stay on. It does not happen every time but happens more than it should. Anyone else have this issue? Don't know if I am doing something that is triggering it to come on but any feedback is greatly appreciated. The airbag light near the rear view mirror turns off but the airbag light on the tachometer stays on from time to time.

#2 ·
I would get that car to a Dealer ASAP to have them check that. You don’t want the air bag to go off for no reason or Not go off if you need it. Might just be a sensor. The light should only come on when starting the car so you know the light works.

The one of the rear view mirror should stay lit and say ON or OFF depending if someone is in the passenger seat.

DP

#4 ·
Keep us updated

Thanks
DP

#6 ·
The saga continues. The airbag light came back on. It stopped after they “fixed” it but came back on after a couple of months. When I took it in for annual maintenance, the kept it for a day and replaced the seat belt sensor. That worked up until 3 days ago. Light is back on, ugh! Does this fall under lemon laws? I am concerned that this is a big safety issue. The car has been great except for this light coming back on.

#8 ·
My advice is keep very detailed records, and make sure that they are ACCURATELY reflecting and acknowledging the issue on the service records, in writing.

#7 ·
Maybe it came loose again. Ask the dealer to look at, and tell you what exactly the issue is.

DP

#9 ·
Took my F-Pace in for a 3rd time last Thursday. Got it back and service said that there was an issue with a pin in the passenger seat and they said they fixed it. Driving yesterday and light come back on! Ugh!! Not sure what else to do. When I take it back it will be the 4th time. This is so frustrating. My family is in the car a lot during the weekends and I do not feel comfortable driving with this issue. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

#10 ·
What year F-PACE do you have ?

DP

#13 ·
Thanks for the feedback. They keep saying the error code points to passenger side. I will tell ask them if they will try to change the wire harness and if there is any chance it is the driver side. I just want it fixed. Love driving the car but I freak out every time I have my family in the car and the light comes on.

#17 ·
My airbag light just starting coming on intermittently, 48 hours after warranty expired :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.