Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had our 2017 Fpace diesel in for service. The dealer offered to replace the air filter, for $250. I thought: that is crazy! So I declined.

Now I'm trying to get the damn filter cover off, and there are two issues: First, I can't disconnect the gray connector in the upper left corner of the filter housing (see pic). Secondly, anticipating that there won't be enough room to remove the old filter without lifting the cover fully out of the way, it looks like Jag uses the equivalent of a "zip tie" to attach the anti-freeze hoses at various locations. I think I'll have to cut those in order to get the cover out far enough.

So now, two questions: how to remove the gray connector and are those "zip tie" fittings available aftermarket, or am I going back to the (far away) dealership?

Thanks guys!
White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Sleeve

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
37 Posts
Going from experience on another car with similar fastener, you will want to leave the zip tie portion intact and instead pry the part of it that is "plugged into" the filter housing. As for the connector, so long as you are sure you are disengaging the locking tabs, might need to be a little more aggressive with it as those connectors have weatherproof seals that can be a little tight.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently had our 2017 Fpace diesel in for service. The dealer offered to replace the air filter, for $250. I thought: that is crazy! So I declined.

Now I'm trying to get the damn filter cover off, and there are two issues: First, I can't disconnect the gray connector in the upper left corner of the filter housing (see pic). Secondly, anticipating that there won't be enough room to remove the old filter without lifting the cover fully out of the way, it looks like Jag uses the equivalent of a "zip tie" to attach the anti-freeze hoses at various locations. I think I'll have to cut those in order to get the cover out far enough.

So now, two questions: how to remove the gray connector and are those "zip tie" fittings available aftermarket, or am I going back to the (far away) dealership?

Thanks guys! View attachment 74217
No need to disconnect anything. The cover will lift up high enough to change the filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts