Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because my F-pace has been parked up for a few coronavirus weeks the battery warning comes on when I press start. When I drive with low battery, my air con does not chill. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Do you have AutoStart Stop engaged? The aircon when the car stops will definitely be impacted by a low battery. If you Arne't using it much you might consider a battery tender.

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
Your battery has nothing to do the with the AC while the car is running. As @PA-FPace-F mentioned do you use auto stop start? It's a long thread but the AC problem has been discussed many time before. Please read this one and others under this sub forum.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Also, Eco mode will reduce the A/C performance to save energy.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
This vehicle is pretty sensitive to sitting more than lets say, a month, I get the low battery warning too. Next year in going to try a good quality tender on mine. Can you hook up under hood or does it need to attach in the trunk?

·
Registered
F-Pace 3.0 V6 Supercharger
16 Posts
I have just posted this on our UK FPace Forum .....
For battery maintenance try the Noco G3500 or the newer Genius 2 or 5. Get the OBD Adapter that plugs straight into the OBD port just below the steering wheel. No need to lift the bonnet, tailgate or remove the battery. Safe to leave plugged in and maintains the battery in tip top condition.
Remember folks .... the battery never switches off ... alarm, tracker, SIM card, Remote App, Journey App ........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts