Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened this morning when I step into my FP. An air bubble appears in my dash cover (not real leather dash cover for my prestige 35t). Any idea how to remove it? Does the Jaguar warranty cover it? Personally I prefer not letting the dealer fix it since they may mess up more problems once they open it up.
I guess the extreme low temperature (-15 C) created this air bubble, the dash cover material maybe shrink in low temperature, generated some tension that glue cannot hold??????
Not a big deal but very annoying - everyday the first thing you see once you step in to your car.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
This is very disappointing to see. I think I saw a Colorado member had some bubbles on his console cover from moisture, any chance the dash got wet?

·
Registered
947 Posts
If it were me, I wouldn't do anything and see what happens when the temperature gets warmer. It probably would be covered under warranty, but I, too, would be reluctant to have the dash taken apart (if that is what would have to be done to fix it).

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah, that sucks, but I assume it would be covered under warranty, if you're brave enough to let them try and fix it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it were me, I wouldn't do anything and see what happens when the temperature gets warmer. It probably would be covered under warranty, but I, too, would be reluctant to have the dash taken apart (if that is what would have to be done to fix it).
I will try something tonight to "iron" it flat. Even warranty covers it. Dealer may need to remove steering wheel, gauges and that the dash is further hooked up to other electronic components (fans, etc.) which could create issues at any point in the process.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is very disappointing to see. I think I saw a Colorado member had some bubbles on his console cover from moisture, any chance the dash got wet?
My dash never get wet, no damage at all....Just quality issue.

·
Registered
622 Posts
So sorry to hear about and see these photos. I would absolutely think this would be covered under the warranty. My previous vehicle (Infiniti FX35) has a similar issue, but more extreme in terms of the bubbles. The problem triggered a Nissan recall and they ended up replacing the entire dashboard.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So sorry to hear about and see these photos. I would absolutely think this would be covered under the warranty. My previous vehicle (Infiniti FX35) has a similar issue, but more extreme in terms of the bubbles. The problem triggered a Nissan recall and they ended up replacing the entire dashboard.
I googled "how to fix air bubble in dash cover", Infiniti FX35 are the top 10 results shown. LOL
Hope my problem is the only one and not getting worse. so Jaguar do not need to replace all dashboard for all FP. LOL

·
F Pace Expert
2,607 Posts
First of all RELAX.

During extremely cold conditions my center console cover develops minor bubbles (referred to by someone above). They go away completely when things warm up. My supposition is that there is a tiny bit of moisture, or somehow a lack of glue, in this area and it freezes up in very cold conditions or cold conditions cause area around to contract pushing this area up.

So I’d bet when things warm up that will disappear.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This is a common problem with JAGs and their leather dashes..It happens a lot....In the XF models (which I had) this was a very common issue..the problem was the inferior glue or adhesive that was used and some areas on the underside never got coated properly before the fitment. Temperature has nothing to do with it...the fix was to RIP OUT the entire dash and redo it..very labor and time intensive....I'm glad I have the cheapo vinyl dash material.

·
F Pace Expert
2,607 Posts
Umm, let's see. Very cold temps: bubbles in my leather console cover. Temps warm up: no bubbles in my console cover. Ergo it's temperature related.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I’m not saying it’s very common but it is a drawback with having a leather dash. Happens with other manufacturers too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First of all RELAX.

During extremely cold conditions my center console cover develops minor bubbles (referred to by someone above). They go away completely when things warm up. My supposition is that there is a tiny bit of moisture, or somehow a lack of glue, in this area and it freezes up in very cold conditions or cold conditions cause area around to contract pushing this area up.

So I’d bet when things warm up that will disappear.

After watch this video:

I am 100% sure I will wait until summer. Man! It is crazy to replace the console cover! Almost like rebuild a car.
I had so many bad experiences with car dealers, I will not allow them to touch my baby this time, they will mess up more things during the process.

Thanks for your suggestion, hope it works. Mine is not real leather, feels like some soft polymer material.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a common problem with JAGs and their leather dashes..It happens a lot....In the XF models (which I had) this was a very common issue..the problem was the inferior glue or adhesive that was used and some areas on the underside never got coated properly before the fitment. Temperature has nothing to do with it...the fix was to RIP OUT the entire dash and redo it..very labor and time intensive....I'm glad I have the cheapo vinyl dash material.
You are right on the fix, RIP OUT the entire dash is too much for this air bubble. I will see what else I can do with it. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts