Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Curt has released their trailer hitch for the F-Pace CURT Manufacturing - CURT Class 3 Trailer Hitch #13291. MSRP is $328 but I see it on Amazon for $178 and even cheaper at some other online stores.

I am not sure how I feel about it but I will be buying it anyways once my FP comes in. I think it sticks out a little further than the OEM but doesn't look bad.

I have used and installed their products before and they are well built and easy to install. Here are their installation instructions for our cars http://www.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/13291/installsheet/CM_13291_INS.PDF

Here is a pic (btw, if this is your car, please chime in and let us know what you think!).

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
That is a bit tough to look at compared to stock, in my most humble of opinions. That said, with a proper cap, should clean up nicely. I just wonder why they have it protrude so far out. I just took this pic of mine for comparison. Again, not criticizing any choices, but perhaps this comparison can serve those who are in the process of ordering or do not have a build date yet, so they can add the stock setup. The price for the aftermarket is so much lower than OEM, but of course you do not get the electronics and interface with ICT/ICTP. Fascinating....

·
Registered
168 Posts
My God that's a shiny car! Beautiful!

Reactions: Eli

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic @theweeb! Beautiful beast!

Yeah I thought the same thing... why did they have it sticking out so far??? I am committed to buying this though and also hope with the oem cap, it will not look so bad. Definitely need to see more pics at different angles. Hopefully other aftermarket companies comes out with theirs too.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
. . . and, I am thinking a red growler badge on the hitch cap would set it off nicely... one of these, but of higher quality:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
. . . and, I am thinking a red growler badge on the hitch cap would set it off nicely... one of these, but of higher quality
Hmm that might work with the nicely hidden oem one but I definitely don't want to draw anymore attention to that unsightly trailer hitch from Curt if I get that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same Curt hitch on my Grand Cherokee and it does stick out a bit, but they do have a black cap for it. I almost ordered the OEM hitch from Jag, but it was so much more and these Curt hitches are an easy install. I do admit the OEM looks a lot more hidden and you do get the electronics. But I am in the same boat as you. I need to get one for my mountain bike rack. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My dealer charged me $1750 for adding my hitch with wiring, they said that was their cost....:eek:. I knew it was a steep price, but I didn't want to hack up the wiring, most wiring kits come with scotchlok connectors, and have a the wire plug hanging out the hatch. It took them 5 hours to complete the job. I have to say they did a nice job, it has a nice pull down for the trailer plugs, and a jaguar hitch cap. Overpaid, probably, but I probably did for the F-Pace also, but I am still :).

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My dealer charged me $1750 for adding my hitch with wiring, they said that was their cost....:eek:. I knew it was a steep price, but I didn't want to hack up the wiring, most wiring kits come with scotchlok connectors, and have a the wire plug hanging out the hatch. It took them 5 hours to complete the job. I have to say they did a nice job, it has a nice pull down for the trailer plugs, and a jaguar hitch cap. Overpaid, probably, but I probably did for the F-Pace also, but I am still :).
Boy, am I glad I ordered from the factory:)

Reactions: Kubota and OneTwo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dealer charged me $1750 for adding my hitch with wiring, they said that was their cost..../forum/images/FPaceForum/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png. I knew it was a steep price, but I didn't want to hack up the wiring, most wiring kits come with scotchlok connectors, and have a the wire plug hanging out the hatch. It took them 5 hours to complete the job. I have to say they did a nice job, it has a nice pull down for the trailer plugs, and a jaguar hitch cap. Overpaid, probably, but I probably did for the F-Pace also, but I am still /forum/images/FPaceForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png.
Ouch, I know this is late, but your dealer definitely lied to you. I had the tow package added to my 2017 F Pace at the dealer. They said it's an $1800 option, but they sold it to me at dealer cost for $650.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trailer Hitch

I have to add a hitch to my 2017 F-Pace. Dealer quoted me $220 without wiring and $2700 with wiring. I have purchased a Curt hitch and have a body shop what will do the install. For now, only using it with a Thule bike rack, but am considering the addition of the wiring harness in case I have to tow a trailer. Has anyone installed the Tekonsah Wiring package 118748 that is designed for the F-Pace?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have to add a hitch to my 2017 F-Pace. Dealer quoted me $220 without wiring and $2700 with wiring. I have purchased a Curt hitch and have a body shop what will do the install. For now, only using it with a Thule bike rack, but am considering the addition of the wiring harness in case I have to tow a trailer. Has anyone installed the Tekonsah Wiring package 118748 that is designed for the F-Pace?
$220 without wiring is a steal. You sure that's not just the uninstalled part price? Even without wiring, installing the hitch requires removal of the rear bumper (and other things), and looks like quite a labor-intensive process. I can't imagine a Jaguar shop counting it as anything less than 3 hours of labor, and probably more, given that it's a 2 person job.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My guess is a typo, 2,200 without and 2,700 with.
sorry. It was a typo. Meant to say $2200. After discussing with the body shop, and since my plan is to carry only a bike rack and not tow a trailer, I plan to forego installation of the Tekonsha wiring harness.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much?

Boy, am I glad I ordered from the factory:)
:eek: My dealership quoted at cost for a hitch of $3,000. installed. The dealer felt he was giving a bargain price and when would I want a appointment to bring the vehicle in. I just got to ask... does my head come to a point.
:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
:eek: My dealership quoted at cost for a hitch of $3,000. installed. The dealer felt he was giving a bargain price and when would I want a appointment to bring the vehicle in. I just got to ask... does my head come to a point.
:eek::eek::eek:
This dealer quote for a trailer hitch makes the dealers irrelevant. A hitch with installation plus wiring harness for a Draw-tite hitch Class lll was quoted at $750. I could accept a dealer charge of maybe twice that much, but 4X that much is a joke that’s not funny.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This dealer quote for a trailer hitch makes the dealers irrelevant. A hitch with installation plus wiring harness for a Draw-tite hitch Class lll was quoted at $750. I could accept a dealer charge of maybe twice that much, but 4X that much is a joke that’s not funny.
I purchased a curt hitch for about $170 and have a body shop that will install the hitch for $450. Since they have to drop the bumper, I have also been thinking about adding the trailer wiring. Right now I am only using the tow hitch as a bike carrier, so I don't need any other lights. In the future I may need to tow a small trailer. Tekonsha makes a wiring kit #118785 for about $55 . I estimate the additional installation charge to be about $150. I am concerned with messing up the electrics. Has anyone used this wiring kit?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts