Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Jaggy, the install went very well and everything is working as described. Your instructions are spot on. Even the USB plug mod was simple enough! The entire process with 3 friends took about 3 1/2 hrs. The only part that didn't work as well for me was the carpet cutout for the UAD interface. Even with removing the carpet padding, there was still not enough under-seat clearance. We simply removed the cut out carpet piece which gave us just enough clearance. As stated in your instructions, I did have to reset my auto up windows. BTW, the torx/star driver for the seat bolts is a size E12. Simply attached it to a 3/8" ratchet wrench. It was a challange at times to find the release tabs for the electrical connections to the Harmon unit. Now I'm awaiting the lighted sill plates and wireless phone charger from China! Thanks again for all your assistance!
The sill install was equally straight forward. Be prepared to dig out broken mounting pegs form the original sills!

·
Registered
176 Posts
The sill install was equally straight forward. Be prepared to dig out broken mounting pegs form the original sills!
Finally received the wireless phone charger from China. It perfectly replaces the small pad in the very front of the center console and looks like original equipment. It does require removal of several trim pieces, but the F-Pace interior is very simple to disassemble and everything snaps back in place without difficulty. I did have a minor problem with the aftermarket wire harness as one of the pins was slightly bent and wouldn't make contact, but it was mostly "plug-and-play" after that. It would have been more efficient to install the charger while installing the CarPlay if I'd had all the equipment at the time. Hope this helps anyone interested in performing these upgrades.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have purchased a fpace 2018 portfolio with the 8inch incontrol system, my dealer said i cant upgrade it so apple carplay with work. It also has the reversing camera function. Is their any alternatives that will continue to have the incontrol functions

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Do a search here, there are aftermarket options for CarPlay on ICT.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have purchased a fpace 2018 portfolio with the 8inch incontrol system, my dealer said i cant upgrade it so apple carplay with work. It also has the reversing camera function. Is their any alternatives that will continue to have the incontrol functions
[/QUO
Check out post #7 and forward in this thread. The device from UAD is perfect!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy to hear everything went well JocDoc!

Just an update;
Been a few months since I did the UAD install and it works great. Wireless carplay is really nice. The wireless charger and illuminated door sills look and work great as well.

My 2017 F-Pace comes off lease in July and I will end up buying it. After I purchase it I will do Velocity AP tune (+76 HP to 416 HP). Stay tuned!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts