Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow ICT (non-pro) owners...I read about this on the Land Rover FB page....looks to have good reviews. Any FP owners installed this yet?

There is also a cheaper version from China but doesn't look as polished from the reviews I've read: https://www.joyeauto.com/land-rover-discovery-5-jaguar-f-pace-wifi-wireless-apple-carplay-airplay-solution/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the link you posted is no longer valid...or rather the price isn't...it's going for more now:

So it might well be the joyeauto one is our cheapest option now: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000216705981.html

Here are the reviews I was talking about: https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10804

My main takeaway is that it works well with some caveats - basically steering wheel controls won't work, except for the volume buttons. This is a dealbreaker for some but if you can live with this then go for it :) I'm still 50-50 on this as we listen to Spotify mostly so being unable to move to the next track via the steering wheel buttons while having Waze onscreen might prove to be too annoying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all - New F-Pace owner here that loves his Jag except that I hate the ICT system. I bought my 2018 this summer used at auction. Stupidly because it has every other option I assumed it had CarPlay. (I did not appreciate the difference between ICT and ICTP.) Anyhow I've been looking high and low for options and this seems like the only thing that seems even remotely acceptable. I am assuming that installing that even if the unit works perfect installing it would void the warranty. This is a very big deal for me as I only have 25K miles on the car. My other concern is finding an installer that will do the work. I went to the Joyeauto web site and I did not see any advice. I am wondering if anyone here has tried it?
Gratefully,
/Scott

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I have been looking for this as well. I have seen many similar ones, but unique-ad one looks more advanced as it supports the Carplay touch screen.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The attached pdf shows steps and pictures for how I installed Unique Audio Developments carply unit. Hope this helps.
Thank you, thank you! This is perfect and so timely. I just ordered and received my UAD interface. I've been pestering them for detailed install pics or videos for the F Pace. Your detailed install description is just what I've been looking for! Not sure where you are, but if you were close to me in NW PA, I'd offer to pay you to assist me with my installation. Would you be available for PM and possible phone conversation for particulars on the the install? Thanks again for posting such detailed instructions and pics for the install! BTW, what after market tuner are you considering, Velocity AP or some other?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your welcome. I am located nowhere near NW PA. If you post additional questions I will try to help and reply in a timely manner.

Also;
  • Yes, Velocity AP
  • Got my lighted door sills yesterday. Easy install, coneetc plug and snaps right in. Looks great.
  • I also ordered a wireless charger that is advertised to fit right in. Have not received yet. Coming form China and Vendor replied will not ship till Feb 25 due to things being shut down of virus. So stay tuned and I will post more once I receive it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Your welcome. I am located nowhere near NW PA. If you post additional questions I will try to help and reply in a timely manner.

Also;
  • Yes, Velocity AP
  • Got my lighted door sills yesterday. Easy install, coneetc plug and snaps right in. Looks great.
  • I also ordered a wireless charger that is advertised to fit right in. Have not received yet. Coming form China and Vendor replied will not ship till Feb 25 due to things being shut down of virus. So stay tuned and I will post more once I receive it.
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty handy, but haven't tried a project like this. I have friends with the appropriate tools, but the wiring is all on me! UAD says it's all plug-and-play. Was that your experience during the install? I'm going to order the lighted sills today hoping they'll be in by the time I begin the installation late next week. I've been looking at Velocity AP for the past several months, but wasn't sure I was going to keep the car. I've recently decided to hold on to it or a couple more years. There are already 83k miles on the vehicle, but no drop of in power! Thinking the tune will make it really spirited!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Absolutely 100% plug and play. No wire cutting / splicing / soldering / etc.

Illuminated sills install is as easy as connect plug, snap into place, Done!

Two other things with respect to disconnecting battery power;
1. Wait 30 minutes after disconnecting to let all power drain out.
2. Automatic windows will need to be reset per the procedure below. Easy to do. If windows are not reset they will not go all the way up automatically . Also, the remote start I-Phone app will not work because car thinks windows are open.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Two other things with respect to disconnecting battery power;
1. Wait 30 minutes after disconnecting to let all power drain out.
2. Automatic windows will need to be reset per the procedure below. Easy to do. If windows are not reset they will not go all the way up automatically . Also, the remote start I-Phone app will not work because car thinks windows are open.

View attachment 72171
Thanks Jaggy, you're a wealth of applicable info! BTW, when are you going to do the Velocity tune upgrade?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Jaggy, you're a wealth of applicable info! BTW, when are you going to do the Velocity tune upgrade?
BTW, do you remember the size of the star drill used to remove the seat bolts? I'm getting all the necessary tools, etc. together for the install later this week. Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
BTW, do you remember the size of the star drill used to remove the seat bolts? I'm getting all the necessary tools, etc. together for the install later this week. Thanks!
.....And one more thing, do I need to use the thumb drive UAD sent with the interface?

·
Registered
187 Posts
.....And one more thing, do I need to use the thumb drive UAD sent with the interface?
Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I want to be as efficient as possible with the install. Did you run the aux cable to the connector in the armrest storage? Also, how did you secure the interface in it's carpet cutout? Thanks again and hoping not to bother you anymore!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. Velocity AP
Probably do it this summer. I'll post how it goes.

2. Star Socket
I just went and bought a set at home depot. I do not recall the size.

3. Thumb Drive
As far as I can tell its provided for future software upgrades. I did not need it for install.

4. Aux connection
The aux connection is done at the head unit under the seat. No need to mess with Aux connection under armrest.

5. Securing Interface
All I did was use wire ties that have a screw down tab to bundle the two sets of cables on either side of the interface and screwed them both down into the plastic cover under carpet with a short screw.

No bother answering questions. That's what Forum is for!!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts

Sorry if I missed it, but where did you get the door sills from? And if they are non-Jaguar, could you post some pictures? Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
1. Velocity AP
Probably do it this summer. I'll post how it goes.

2. Star Socket
I just went and bought a set at home depot. I do not recall the size.

3. Thumb Drive
As far as I can tell its provided for future software upgrades. I did not need it for install.

4. Aux connection
The aux connection is done at the head unit under the seat. No need to mess with Aux connection under armrest.

5. Securing Interface
All I did was use wire ties that have a screw down tab to bundle the two sets of cables on either side of the interface and screwed them both down into the plastic cover under carpet with a short screw.

No bother answering questions. That's what Forum is for!!!!!
Thanks Jaggy, this is perfect! I Have the install all set for this afternoon. I'll post how things go and how long it took based on your tutorial. One thing I may add to your instructions is that I'm going to connect a USB cable with female adaptor to the UAD unit and keep it coiled under the seat for ease in performing future updates.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Jaggy, this is perfect! I Have the install all set for this afternoon. I'll post how things go and how long it took based on your tutorial. One thing I may add to your instructions is that I'm going to connect a USB cable with female adaptor to the UAD unit and keep it coiled under the seat for ease in performing future updates.
Hey Jaggy, the install went very well and everything is working as described. Your instructions are spot on. Even the USB plug mod was simple enough! The entire process with 3 friends took about 3 1/2 hrs. The only part that didn't work as well for me was the carpet cutout for the UAD interface. Even with removing the carpet padding, there was still not enough under-seat clearance. We simply removed the cut out carpet piece which gave us just enough clearance. As stated in your instructions, I did have to reset my auto up windows. BTW, the torx/star driver for the seat bolts is a size E12. Simply attached it to a 3/8" ratchet wrench. It was a challange at times to find the release tabs for the electrical connections to the Harmon unit. Now I'm awaiting the lighted sill plates and wireless phone charger from China! Thanks again for all your assistance!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts