Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Easy cruising speed for the supercharged V6 petrol F-Pace is 100 mph. 80mph doesn't even begin to stress the engine.
Very true, I've been cruising at 100 mph before and the engine is in 8th gear sitting around 2/3000 rpm. That's what a 155 mph top speed will get ya. Cruising at 80 and the engine is almost at idle RPMs

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Reactions: McKinneyO

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Reactions: theweeb and Jman97

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We've got cops all over the place, I've only been ticket free on my insurance for a little over a year so I'm laying low. Back in my younger, dumber sportbike days I had my license suspended and did things I'd never consider today. Kids have a way of changing your behavior and also looking into things like seat covers. We just bought some on Amazon that go over the backs of the front seats and under the car seats in the back. ****, kids trying to ruin my leather-ish whatever the heck it is.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
We've got cops all over the place, I've only been ticket free on my insurance for a little over a year so I'm laying low. Back in my younger, dumber sportbike days I had my license suspended and did things I'd never consider today. Kids have a way of changing your behavior and also looking into things like seat covers. We just bought some on Amazon that go over the backs of the front seats and under the car seats in the back. ****, kids trying to ruin my leather-ish whatever the heck it is.
If you've only been ticket free for *a little over a year* ,
then you must still be *Young & Dumb* , but just not a *sportbiker* anymore !!!>:)
It's gonna take a longer stretch of *NO Tickets* , before we decide if you have *Grown Up* !!!;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

WELCOME , to your New Extended Family , btw !!!:D0:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you've only been ticket free for *a little over a year* ,
then you must still be *Young & Dumb* , but just not a *sportbiker* anymore !!!>:)
It's gonna take a longer stretch of *NO Tickets* , before we decide if you have *Grown Up* !!!;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

WELCOME , to your New Extended Family , btw !!!:D0:)

Hahaha. According to insurance it's only been a little over a year. My last ticket was in 2013 and it takes 3 years to clear, in my defense the road really looked like it was at least a 40 mph road with nothing but horse property on one side and a few houses on the other. In reality the cop that pulled me over reminded me it was 25. I did get pulled over two years ago for doing 50 in a 35 but the cop was a former soldier and he saw my driver's license said Veteran on it so he let me off. Turned out we were both in Korea at the same time about an hour away from each other's bases.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a pic but only of my family and I standing in front of the car. Don't mind the spots on my shirt, my 6 month old son decided to spit up on me. He's in the car already and not pictured.

@eagleone - you look tall in the picture. Is it an angle or you are like 6'5" or something? I am 6' 2 3/4, I can see over my F-Pace but you look like you could look inside of your car via sunroof...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm 6'2", maybe it's just the angle cause I still have to get on my tippy toes to wash the very middle of the roof. Also my wife is about 5'3" so she makes me look even taller.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm 6'2", maybe it's just the angle cause I still have to get on my tippy toes to wash the very middle of the roof. Also my wife is about 5'3" so she makes me look even taller.
Got it! Ether way - welcome to the Tall and Beautiful F-Pace and first time Jaguar owners club! :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
@eagleone - you look tall in the picture. Is it an angle or you are like 6'5" or something? I am 6' 2 3/4, I can see over my F-Pace but you look like you could look inside of your car via sunroof...
I'm trying to figure the camera angle out myself.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Certain parts of the turnpike are baron, no cops :laugh: haha
Well the run on the North East Extension from Mid-County to Lansdale has turned into a raceway. You can't go slower than 85 there or people run you over. Also there is no rhyme or reason to the lane people drive in so going that fast with the differences in speed is a bit of a challenge, unless it's 11pm at night, then mash it.

Eagleone, Contracts on the F-pace by the way, if I didn't say that already. Welcome to the club and forum.

one way to solve the problem with reaching the middle of the roof is to lower the beast. i did that and can reach the roof for a good wash now without opening the doors, standing on the sills and destroying them with scratches. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just joined the club!
wife (God love her) flew to st louis to get the car that omaha wouldnt do the same deal for
drove it back to sioux city iowa
only 2nd in town the other white
had nice cars before but never this nice. now or never i said.
looks like i have a lot of reading to do lol
cool to be part of a community
questions to follow

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Well the run on the North East Extension from Mid-County to Lansdale has turned into a raceway. You can't go slower than 85 there or people run you over. Also there is no rhyme or reason to the lane people drive in so going that fast with the differences in speed is a bit of a challenge, unless it's 11pm at night, then mash it.

Eagleone, Contracts on the F-pace by the way, if I didn't say that already. Welcome to the club and forum.

one way to solve the problem with reaching the middle of the roof is to lower the beast. i did that and can reach the roof for a good wash now without opening the doors, standing on the sills and destroying them with scratches. :)
Gotta be extra careful at night my friend! PA state troopers blend in very well with the darkness :eek:
You know your cat is about to be eaten by much larger prey when you see those red and blue eyes light up ;)

P.S. the NE extension is the worst place if you want to go fast, gotta go a little further west out towards Lancaster, stretches of road where you can see for a mile ahead and be able to tell if there is a cop radar tracking folks. Gun it and can easily hit the limiter. I have never done it because I do actually have a safety cap on how fast ill go but I've seen other drivers blow by me when I'm doing 100.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Gotta be extra careful at night my friend! PA state troopers blend in very well with the darkness :eek:
You know your cat is about to be eaten by much larger prey when you see those red and blue eyes light up ;)

P.S. the NE extension is the worst place if you want to go fast, gotta go a little further west out towards Lancaster, stretches of road where you can see for a mile ahead and be able to tell if there is a cop radar tracking folks. Gun it and can easily hit the limiter. I have never done it because I do actually have a safety cap on how fast ill go but I've seen other drivers blow by me when I'm doing 100.
my point Jman is that that stretch of road from Mid-County to Lansdale is already a raceway. everyone is doing 85 or 90. doing 10 mph more than that and hitting 100 is very easy in the F-pace when passing someone already doing 85. The road is also very smooth and if people leave the fast lane open you only need to go maybe a 1/8 mile to hit 100 in the F-Pace when passing someone doing 85.

yes the police do hang out on that stretch of road now more than they ever have, but there are really only a few places for them to sit, so if you know those places you know when to slow down.

with that said, i don't do more than 85 in my F-Pace unless passing someone and then it's only for a short stretch.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
my point Jman is that that stretch of road from Mid-County to Lansdale is already a raceway. everyone is doing 85 or 90. doing 10 mph more than that and hitting 100 is very easy in the F-pace when passing someone already doing 85. The road is also very smooth and if people leave the fast lane open you only need to go maybe a 1/8 mile to hit 100 in the F-Pace when passing someone doing 85.

yes the police do hang out on that stretch of road now more than they ever have, but there are really only a few places for them to sit, so if you know those places you know when to slow down.

with that said, i don't do more than 85 in my F-Pace unless passing someone and then it's only for a short stretch.
Gotta let your kitty loose and cruise at 90/100 ;)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

:)
I call it Pennsylvania's Autobahn. Triple digits are required. It's exhilarating to drive that stretch of road.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts