Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while driving in Dynamic mode a message popped up in the info center: AEB NOT AVAILABLE.

Any idea what might have caused this message?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Could be that the camera was blocked, what is more likely is that there is a loose grounding or something electronically wrong. Obviously not an emergency but I would contact your service department and schedule an appointment when its convenient for you.

Reactions: NVA_FPACE

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jman. Pretty sure there was nothing blocking the camera, so that leaves the electronic problem. Ugghh. I've got to take it in for Lojack installation soon, so I'll add it to the list.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
Thanks, Jman. Pretty sure there was nothing blocking the camera, so that leaves the electronic problem. Ugghh. I've got to take it in for Lojack installation soon, so I'll add it to the list.
Sorry to hear about the AEB problem. Curious as to why you would install LoJack when you have an app that will let you keep track of where your vehicle is for the next 5 years?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about the AEB problem. Curious as to why you would install LoJack when you have an app that will let you keep track of where your vehicle is for the next 5 years?
MkenM, I was told that if the battery in the car was disconnected, the app would no longer report it's location while Lojack would continue to ping it's location. I had the same question as you, but was convinced it was worth the extra protection.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Today while driving in Dynamic mode a message popped up in the info center: AEB NOT AVAILABLE.

Any idea what might have caused this message?
I had this and also occasionally an AEB In Progress message. From the Repair Order:
Found an intermittent code and in accordance with SSM73019 reconfigured module A as a new module and performed image processing module A calibration.
Have seen the message only once since January when this was done.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had this and also occasionally an AEB In Progress message. From the Repair Order:
Found an intermittent code and in accordance with SSM73019 reconfigured module A as a new module and performed image processing module A calibration.
Have seen the message only once since January when this was done.
Thanks, skyking. I'll pass this on to the service dept. when I take it in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
MkenM, I was told that if the battery in the car was disconnected, the app would no longer report it's location while Lojack would continue to ping it's location. I had the same question as you, but was convinced it was worth the extra protection.
Hello folks, I have 2017 F-Pace S and I am receiving this message as well. It initially came on in heavy rain so I assumed the bad weather caused the issue, but now it comes on once every week or two. It disappears once you turn the vehicle off and on, but not sure if it is a bigger problem?

NVA_FPace, did your issue get resolved after taking it into the dealership? If so, what did they do to it? Curious if it is a major concern or a simple fix.

Thanks!

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
from really late answer dept; you were told incorrect info. the fpace has two additional batteries buried where they are hard to get at. one is rechargeable and the other isn't (and needs to be replaced like every ten years). these batteries act as backup for the telematics and anti-theft systems so the f pace has built in virtually same protection as lojack. i believe if you disconnect main battery or move vehicle without key and putting in transport/service mode it will get upset and call home as well as export location.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
the fpace has two additional batteries buried where they are hard to get at. one is rechargeable and the other isn't (and needs to be replaced like every ten years).
This statement concerns me , as I am getting my E-350 Ford Van worked on , and I requested that they move a secondary battery from up underneath the van (which was a PITA to get to) , to inside the van behind the seats ! They said that putting a battery inside the vehicle required a special battery (which I guess I can understand) , but they also told me that they had to replace the battery under the hood , *because the two batteries were tied together , and that when batteries are tied together they have to be "identical" in order to function properly* !

From your statement above , it sounds like JAG is using DIFFERENT STYLE Batteries that are indeed tied together ??? If my service guy is correct , I wonder if this scenario could be causing some of the F-Pace's *Electrical Problems* ???

Just a thought , from someone who is curious , and doesn't know much about this sort of stuff !!!

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
This statement concerns me , as I am getting my E-350 Ford Van worked on , and I requested that they move a secondary battery from up underneath the van (which was a PITA to get to) , to inside the van behind the seats ! They said that putting a battery inside the vehicle required a special battery (which I guess I can understand) , but they also told me that they had to replace the battery under the hood , *because the two batteries were tied together , and that when batteries are tied together they have to be "identical" in order to function properly* !

From your statement above , it sounds like JAG is using DIFFERENT STYLE Batteries that are indeed tied together ??? If my service guy is correct , I wonder if this scenario could be causing some of the F-Pace's *Electrical Problems* ???

Just a thought , from someone who is curious , and doesn't know much about this sort of stuff !!!
No. To my knowledge there aren't any "electrical problems" reported other than very rare loose ground wire related issues.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
To my knowledge there aren't any "electrical problems" reported other than very rare loose ground wire related issues.
Now THAT'S a FUNNY statement , considering the fact that pretty much everything in this vehicle , that has been "reported" as "malfunctioning" , RUNS off of *Electric* ???

So why not go out on a limb and say , "maybe it's the source" ??? As I stated , it was "just a thought" !!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NVA_FPace, did your issue get resolved after taking it into the dealership? If so, what did they do to it? Curious if it is a major concern or a simple fix.

Thanks!
Disco, the issue has been (apparently) corrected as I haven't had the message since taking it into the service department. Unfortunately, I either didn't ask, or don't remember, what they did to fix it.

Reactions: DiscoStu

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have noticed this also about three or four times since I have the vehicle about 11 months but only 9000 kilometers on it.

Have paid little attention to it since turning the vehicle off and on seems to resolve the issue.

I have a scheduled servicing on June 23rd and will add this to the list and advise the service department of the service bulletin. Thanks.

·
Registered
933 Posts
This has happened to me about 20-30 times since October, which I attribute to weather. If it were to happen in dry, clear weather, then I would it to be a malfunction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts