Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new FPS Black on Black last weekend. Beautiful car. Loving every seconds driving it. However. I have a concern regarding the car. I read about the creaking suspension. I think I might have that. It only happens when I leave my house every morning to put out to the road from my drive way (it has an inch concrete lip) to turn left to the road. It was a metal sound from the rear side of the car. So is this the infamous noise? Other wise, even when I drive over speed bump or uneven road, no noise what so ever. My car built date is 3/17. The SA was notified and he said he will get the mechanic checked on that when I take the car back to the dealership to pick up the permanent license plate. Please advice what to do. Thanks.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
Just picked up my new FPS Black on Black last weekend. Beautiful car. Loving every seconds driving it. However. I have a concern regarding the car. I read about the creaking suspension. I think I might have that. It only happens when I leave my house every morning to put out to the road from my drive way (it has an inch concrete lip) to turn left to the road. It was a metal sound from the rear side of the car. So is this the infamous noise? Other wise, even when I drive over speed bump or uneven road, no noise what so ever. My car built date is 3/17. The SA was notified and he said he will get the mechanic checked on that when I take the car back to the dealership to pick up the permanent license plate. Please advice what to do. Thanks.
Would wager 100% that it isn't bad rear spring isolators (aka infamous creak) which ceased to be an issue after Q4 last year.

There is another know rear area creak with an easy fix that you should ask them to look into:

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/f-pace-warranty-service-issues/20393-topix-cross-brace-creak.html

Reactions: blackkitty

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Didn't know about this. And yes it kinda make sense to me that might be it! Will let SA know about this.

·
Registered
225 Posts
They should have done all the TSBs and what not before delivering, but its possible a few were missed. They should do them all when you take it in and hopefully take care of your issue.

I'm sure they will take care of it for you :).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would wager 100% that it isn't bad rear spring isolators (aka infamous creak) which ceased to be an issue after Q4 last year.

There is another know rear area creak with an easy fix that you should ask them to look into:

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/f-pace-warranty-service-issues/20393-topix-cross-brace-creak.html
Not a good day. After I dropped off the car to fix this issue since Monday, they finally called me today and told me that they couldn't replicate the issue. The mechanic visually looked under the car from the lift and said everything looks okay. This is not going to be good as I have this issue first thing every morning since I owned the car for 2 weeks. Any advice on what to tell them tomorrow when I picked up the car?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'm going to tell you quit worrying about it and enjoy the car...My car does some creaking as I'm backing out of the drive-way onto the street too..Yes, first thing in the morning and I don't hear again until the next day...I call it growing pains..It mainly seems to creak in the headliner and sunroof area or somewhere else, it's hard to pin-point...The body is twisting and torqueing as you come down off the slope of your drive-way..So now I just ignore it.....Remember we have an aluminum body and it will give a little more ..I say nothing to worry about as I said before..If it gets worse, well you have 5 years of warranty to get it fixed, if it really becomes an issue for you..

Reactions: baherrick

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to tell you quit worrying about it and enjoy the car...My car does some creaking as I'm backing out of the drive-way onto the street too..Yes, first thing in the morning and I don't hear again until the next day...I call it growing pains..It mainly seems to creak in the headliner and sunroof area or somewhere else, it's hard to pin-point...The body is twisting and torqueing as you come down off the slope of your drive-way..So now I just ignore it.....Remember we have an aluminum body and it will give a little more ..I say nothing to worry about as I said before..If it gets worse, well you have 5 years of warranty to get it fixed, if it really becomes an issue for you..
That's what I plan to do. Thanks god the car is a 3-year lease. It's just a car. Oh well it is what it is. I do missed it dearly now that they gave me an Evoque to drive as loaner. I hate this Evoque. Turbo lag and feels heavy. Yucks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm going to tell you quit worrying about it and enjoy the car.So now I just ignore it.....Remember we have an aluminum body and it will give a little more ..I say nothing to worry about as I said before..If it gets worse, well you have 5 years of warranty to get it fixed, if it really becomes an issue for you..
I'd actually suggest aluminum has much less "give" than steel. That is, aluminum alloys when compressed or stretched, mostly deform less than most steel counterparts of equal masses.

What matters more is how the frame connections slide against each other or against other stuff that's attached.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
Did you give them the specific topix item and ask them to check that known issue?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What matters more is how the frame connections slide against each other or against other stuff that's attached.
Well that could be it then..;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you give them the specific topix item and ask them to check that known issue?
I mentioned that to them. They told me they can't repair something that they can't replicate. That's what blowing my mind and got me real upset when they called me this afternoon. I will pick up my car back once they got the front windows tinted. Afterall, there are 2 other jag dealerships to bring my car to repair if that issue got worse.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I followed your advice and emailed the service advisor this am regarding the topix item. This is what I got in her reply.

"I will be more than happy to forward to my tech but to do any Bulletins I must be able to duplicate concern. We are not allowed to do any repairs without 1st being able to find fault in parts I will test drive again this morning and advise you if we hear anything."

Oh well, what a waste of my time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I do believe that for the isolators, they have to replicate. They don't have to replicate for the cross brace creak or the body panel creak though - those are just done when the car is in the shop.

I would perhaps go to another dealership or try to record the issue to show them.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
I do believe that for the isolators, they have to replicate. They don't have to replicate for the cross brace creak or the body panel creak though - those are just done when the car is in the shop.

I would perhaps go to another dealership or try to record the issue to show them.

Strongly second this, even in its Topix instructions to dealers Jaguar asks them to make a video recording of some problems to help their engineers debug. Pull out that cell phone and record your creak, a couple of times.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Interesting. When I took my F-Pace in for its 1 year service, they replaced the isolators and addressed the cross-brace issue even though I did not ask for any of it. Perhaps they "replicated" the issues on their own, though I'd never actually heard any creaking (and was well aware that others were having issues)....

·
Registered
115 Posts
NO way, man. A $70k plus car should not be creaking, rattling, or having any other type of growing pain until years later. My GLK is creak-free after 4 years at a much lower price tag. I expect my Jag to be 100% or it's going to sit in the shop until they fix it, with a loaner provided during that time. I have a 5 year warranty and intend to use it.

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
NO way, man. A $70k plus car should not be creaking, rattling, or having any other type of growing pain until years later. My GLK is creak-free after 4 years at a much lower price tag. I expect my Jag to be 100% or it's going to sit in the shop until they fix it, with a loaner provided during that time. I have a 5 year warranty and intend to use it.
I think you'll find our Denver dealers pretty good about getting this stuff fixed, if it occurs, with no pushback.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks for all good advices. I'm beyond words of disappointment today when I picked up the car. The service advisor basically lectured me that it takes more than a day to do any service work in Jaguars and Land Rovers. Pretty much they can't do any repairs since they couldn't duplicate the issues I've addressed.

For the record, they had my car since Monday and the only thing they did was having my front windows tinted as I asked to do this morning. The other issues such as driver doors clicked when opening, the rear suspension creak and thump noise and even the basic mismatched door sill plate replacement which was the primary reason why I was told to bring the car in was not even done because they said that piece of sill plate is lost!!! Not even a f*cking apology whatsoever and imagine how pissed I was when the service lady dared to lecture me about the time it takes to repair warranty work! I'm VERY upset and disappointed and yes I honestly I feel like I made a big mistake by buying this car without making a thorough research or review of the car first.

Sigh. Life goes on. We just bought my third car today. The new 2017 Q7 and believe me. Not a f*cking noise on that car that was cheaper that mine FP-S.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I think you need to find a different service department, and call JagNA and complain. There was no reason to treat a customer that way, the service manager owes you an apology IMO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats just an AHole dealership not fully representative of Jag NA. My local dealership is the most tuned in to customers I've ever seen. You are in big enough area that hopefully ups have choices

1 - 20 of 22 Posts