Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day, anyone else from Australia on here?

Currently trying to pick which F-Pace to go for. Have taken a R Sport, 3.5t in Glacier White for a test drive and was fun, but just didnt like the exhaust note (a bit tinny sounding compared to the SQ5.) I am planning on taking a 2.0d and a 3.0d for a test drive soon to see which engine to go for.

As I'm new, is there a thread on which engine is better? I am currently tossing up to whether get a Prestige and add our options to it or get a R Sport and add our options to it.

Any help advice from owners on what they went with etc would be great. Just as a side note a R Sport 3.5t will set me back close to $125k here in Australia, which is too much coin for my liking, hence why I am thinking of going the prestige with maybe the 2.0d if that engine is ok as its a lot cheaper. I have seen one with the options we want for around $90k.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yes, I'm in Canberra. Picked up my F-pace 30d first edition a couple of days ago. It's been around the workshop since getting some enhancements done.
Welcome guys. I do wish we had the option to get that 30d here in the states. Would have been worth testing that one out.

I know there is one other Aussie by the name of Scotty who was around for a while, I don't know if he is still out there but he's an off roader who has some interesting ideas for the FPace!

Welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi supercoach and Cmac,

Another Aussie here from Perth in WA. Joined the UK sister site a while back but have been following this site as well.

Congrats Cmac on picking up your car.(Envy) My build starts mid October with arrival in Australia in early January. Can't wait ! I see you got the 3.0D. I also went for the 3.0D. After test driving them all I feel it was the pick of the bunch.
Have you decided on what you are going for SC ?
Cheers...Wayne

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oooops ! something wrong with the damned formatting in that post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Of course you could also choose to move to New Zealand.

We have had our 3 litre Diesel S for about a month or so now and done almost 600 Kms. It's my wife's car so doesn't travel that far.
But we love it. We have had no problems whatsoever and she tells me she is really enjoying the whole Jag experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vzv I thought they were bringing the D into the US only they were going to be a little later this year? Haven't some people already got 2.0D's.

You could also go up to Canada, get one and come back!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats Young Kiwi, can't wait for its. Hopefully early January. Mine is also for the wife...but hopefully I'll get to have a drive as well ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Vzv I thought they were bringing the D into the US only they were going to be a little later this year? Haven't some people already got 2.0D's.

You could also go up to Canada, get one and come back!
I think from what I read here people are waiting for their 2.0 diesel f paces.
3.0 may or may not come next year. :(

Hike to Canada. Too far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
G'Day, anyone else from Australia on here?

Currently trying to pick which F-Pace to go for. Have taken a R Sport, 3.5t in Glacier White for a test drive and was fun, but just didnt like the exhaust note (a bit tinny sounding compared to the SQ5.) I am planning on taking a 2.0d and a 3.0d for a test drive soon to see which engine to go for.

As I'm new, is there a thread on which engine is better? I am currently tossing up to whether get a Prestige and add our options to it or get a R Sport and add our options to it.

Any help advice from owners on what they went with etc would be great. Just as a side note a R Sport 3.5t will set me back close to $125k here in Australia, which is too much coin for my liking, hence why I am thinking of going the prestige with maybe the 2.0d if that engine is ok as its a lot cheaper. I have seen one with the options we want for around $90k.
Hi from Hervey bay in Queensland. I opted for the 30.D Portfolio, IRR, 20 Blades, Digital TV, 360 degree cameras, park assist etc and am absolutely delighted. It's a beautiful car. I did consider the R Sport but decided I would not use most of the performance stuff and preferred the more luxurious finish of the Portfolio. Goes just as fast! Today I had the Glass Plexin paint protection applied and it looks even more gorgeous!

I read that the 20D may be a bit under powered, the 30D absolutely rocks! Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi wrule and Hutchy. Welcome and congratulations on both receiving your F-Paces. Still waiting for mine, it is on the production line now. Arrives in Perth early January.

I have been tossing up on the paint protection but so many mixed stories. I must admit the car does looks stunning with the Glass paint protection. Do you think it is worth putting on? DSB like any dark colour will be a pain to keep clean.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Welcome from the U.S. hope you enjoy your vehicles and find this forum of some help!

We have set up a sub forum for Australia if you wish to chat about local issues and possible meet ups. Look under Regional Forums!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi. I declined the dealers paint protection as too expensive and not necessarily the best. Did a lot of research on this topic! Instead I chose the Glass Plexin which comes up beautifully and definitely worth doing. It can be done by the retailer in Sydney or do as I did and buy the product from him and get a local car detailer to apply it. Takes about four hours, I did the Jag and my wife's new Jazz with just the one product.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
if you guys are all buying for your wives What do you drive ???
It must be an Aussie thing. I bought mine for me to drive and enjoy (no sharing) :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts