Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see many of you do a bunch of investigation before buying your F-Pace. Me not so much, I stopped in and fell in love, and bought.
It was a very highly optioned Premium, and had everything I wanted on it, so I thought. I got home, went to lock the FP and kept running my hand over the handle to lock it, and no luck. Brought out the manual, and read, then figured out the Premium is not so Premium, and didn’t have keyless entry.
Come on! A $18,000 VW Jetta I am buying my son, has keyless entry as standard equipment.
I am not a fan of keyless start, and the only thing I liked about keyless on my last VW Passat was the fact that I didn’t have to take the FOB out of my pocket to lock the car and unlock it.
I have been asking my sales man to price me out adding it to my FP, but I guess since the sale is over, getting him to call me back is impossible. I even put that on my survey about my sales experience, and last week I got a email asking me in my concerns were resolved, and again I wrote about that I was waiting for my sales man to call me back with a price on adding keyless entry.
Has anyone added keyless entry to your FP? DO you even think it would be possible?
Adding keyless entry to my FP would make it just perfect for me.

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
Call the service or parts department at your dealership. I suspect they will be more responsive. I'd be surprised if this can be added.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Call the service or parts department at your dealership. I suspect they will be more responsive. I'd be surprised if this can be added.
I have to agree. I would think it would be quite an extensive and costly upgrade. I believe it's not only involves the 2 front doors, but also the hatch, plus sensors, harnesses, interfaces, alarms, etc.
Sounds like an expensive proposition all round.
I would love to hear a price on it though, since my Premium doesn't have it either, and It's something I am used to on my VW's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was figuring that I may get a better price out of the sales person.
I was thinking that they need to change the door handles, and the rest may just be in the computer since it already recognizes when the FOB is close. I would assume that wiring is already there..
I will be pushing this after the holidays, so I will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
For what it is worth, the keyless entry also works on the back doors, not just the front. Both for unlocking and locking.

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
52 Posts
We originally ordered a Premium but changed to a Prestige mainly for the keyless entry. I would be curious if this is even possible to retrofit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We originally ordered a Premium but changed to a Prestige mainly for the keyless entry. I would be curious if this is even possible to retrofit.
So you have keyless? I have the Prestige and I love not having to take the fob out of my pocket to unlock her but hate the fact that I have to so I can lock her ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
So you have keyless? I have the Prestige and I love not having to take the fob out of my pocket to unlock her but hate the fact that I have to so I can lock her ?
Are you sure you are operating it correctly? When I first got the car I didn't realize that the lock mechanism wasn't working because I had my hand on the sensor behind the handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
theRAMSTA is correct ! If you look at the image he supplied , on our handles there is a little circle indention right in the area where the image is grey w/ the #1 pointing to it ! All you do is TOUCH that circle with the TIP of a finger , and it should lock ALL the doors !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It probably can't be added, but I asked my salesperson for a price the day of delivery, and it pisses me off that he won't do it.
I was a quick easy cash sale for him, and he wasn't there at delivery to walk me thru the car, and it took him over a week, and a number of calls to get me in for my trailer hitch to be installed. Plus he said I would get a Jaguar when i dropped it off, and I ended up getting a Enterprise rental car.
I called him again last week, and never got a call back. I guess next Jaguar I buy will be at a different dealer who appreciates my money.
I will also add I was at the dealer 2 times, and no one asked if I needed help. The second visit, I had to ask someone to help me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It probably can't be added, but I asked my salesperson for a price the day of delivery, and it pisses me off that he won't do it.
I was a quick easy cash sale for him, and he wasn't there at delivery to walk me thru the car, and it took him over a week, and a number of calls to get me in for my trailer hitch to be installed. Plus he said I would get a Jaguar when i dropped it off, and I ended up getting a Enterprise rental car.
I called him again last week, and never got a call back. I guess next Jaguar I buy will be at a different dealer who appreciates my money.
I will also add I was at the dealer 2 times, and no one asked if I needed help. The second visit, I had to ask someone to help me.
If it were me, I would definitely let Jaguar NA know about the dealer service, or lack thereof.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not positive but an after market system should do the trick. Find a local shop that does audio and alarm systems and have them take a look.

I have done this many times in the past. 7 years ago I developed a Keyless entry/alarm module (KeySmart) for the Cadillac Allante. My 2009 VW Touareg has remote start (not an available option from the factory) which I was told was impossible to do but I was able to pull it off with a micro controller and some coding.

The problem these days is all the modules in new cars communicate via CAN BUS type serial network. Finding and tapping into the door lock or window switch's can be difficult if the switch or button itself is built into module with other switches and electronics.

My FP has keyless so its not an option I planed to explore. If i had shop manual showing the electronics I could give you a yes or no answer.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Are you sure you are operating it correctly? When I first got the car I didn't realize that the lock mechanism wasn't working because I had my hand on the sensor behind the handle.
theRAMSTA is correct ! If you look at the image he supplied , on our handles there is a little circle indention right in the area where the image is grey w/ the #1 pointing to it ! All you do is TOUCH that circle with the TIP of a finger , and it should lock ALL the doors !
Thanks guys...I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We also had this annoying discovery after getting ours. Our salesperson was unclear about it when we ordered (we preordered before they were available in the showroom). When we got it, we advised how unhappy we were about the lack of this seemingly basic option (why have push button start if you don't have keyless entry? You have to take out the FOB already if you don't have the keyless entry...). I complained to Jaguar NA about this, and said it should be standard, but neither they nor service said it is possible to add it after the fact (even though the handle has the button for it already, it's just not active)...Annoying...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Its crazy hearing the experience you have had because Ive had the exact opposite experience. My dealership, and in particular my SA, was spectacular. My SA still emails me every now and again and makes sure everything is good with the F-pace, and if it isn't I will let him know, he emails a service advisor to get in touch with me and I choose a date & time for my F-pace to get picked up. They come pick my car up and drop off either a Land Rover or Jaguar.

I wouldn't wait until you buy your next Jaguar, I would switch to another dealer now.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
144 Posts
We also had this annoying discovery after getting ours. Our salesperson was unclear about it when we ordered (we preordered before they were available in the showroom). When we got it, we advised how unhappy we were about the lack of this seemingly basic option (why have push button start if you don't have keyless entry? You have to take out the FOB already if you don't have the keyless entry...). I complained to Jaguar NA about this, and said it should be standard, but neither they nor service said it is possible to add it after the fact (even though the handle has the button for it already, it's just not active)...Annoying...
When I ordered the build sheet said it had keyless entry and it changed once the car showed up. Unhappy

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm subscribing to this thread since I am in the same boat with my Premium. I was misled to believe that it included proximity lock and unlock.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I'm subscribing to this thread since I am in the same boat with my Premium. I was misled to believe that it included proximity lock and unlock.
You DO have "proximity lock and unlock" ! You just have to pull out your Key FOB and press Lock or Unlock !

Reactions: MTHM

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
For everyone's knowledge going forward please let us know how you thought you were misled?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts