Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to get a roof-rack when I customized my F-pace. Big mistake! 5-person weekend camping trips are impossible to deal with without the added space of a roofrack.

But Stowaway Roof Rack seems to be a possible solution. However I'm not sure if there is space to accommodate it with alongside the panoramic roof. Anyone have any ideas or has anyone tried this or any other similar products and can comment on their compatibility with the F-pace?

Attachments

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Someone posted somewhere on here that the roof rails are now available through Jaguar as an accessory add.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have seen then made in China but have not seen them on the jag site yet. It does require drilling in the roof. ��

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
My dealer told me it would take only 60-90 minutes to install the roof rails that are made for the f-pace. I don't think he has them in stock yet. Don't settle for makeshift rails. Frankly, I'll never use mine. I think they are decorative without looking like traditional ugly SUV roof rails, and I think they will help with resale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I take frequent trips out to Tahoe and other camping trips, so I am looking for something functional. The Jag site still claims that roof rails are only a factory-installed item.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I always bring this up , with you Aftermarket Mod Guys , but I would make sure that if ANYONE is going to "Drill Holes" in the Roof of your F-Pace , make sure it is a JAG Dealer or Person that is authorized by JAG , and make sure in writing that it will NOT *Void any Warranty* on the vehicle !

·
Registered
278 Posts
I always bring this up , with you Aftermarket Mod Guys , but I would make sure that if ANYONE is going to "Drill Holes" in the Roof of your F-Pace , make sure it is a JAG Dealer or Person that is authorized by JAG , and make sure in writing that it will NOT *Void any Warranty* on the vehicle !
Could not agree more. Spent too much on the car to skimp on aftermarket parts unless 100% sure.

Reactions: GRVR

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I take frequent trips out to Tahoe and other camping trips, so I am looking for something functional. The Jag site still claims that roof rails are only a factory-installed item.
As someone posted elsewhere, and I'm too lazy to search for, there are now Roof Rail Fitting instructions in Topix accessories instructions section. This would indicate that rails are now available as a post purchase installation.

The part numbers of the components are: JAF0325_1E - Roof Rails T4A6064/65/66/67/69/70/71/72 (these are all separate components, left rail/right rails/bolts/etc. starting with part #T4A60xx

There is no drilling involved. There are two roof trim strips that get removed and the bolt holes for those strips are then the bolt holes for the roof rails.

Ask your dealer to look this up.

Reactions: Trek

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Someone posted (my guess it was VZX-CO) a Topix link to the actually Jaguar roof rail installation booklet. I downloaded a copy of it. It's a dealer install, and I think the rails only cost about $300 apiece. The rest of the cost is 90 minutes of labor. If true, I'm getting 'em.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Someone posted (my guess it was VZX-CO) a Topix link to the actually Jaguar roof rail installation booklet. I downloaded a copy of it. It's a dealer install, and I think the rails only cost about $300 apiece. The rest of the cost is 90 minutes of labor. If true, I'm getting 'em.
Yet ANOTHER Item you all DIDN'T get , on your prized *FE's* !!! ;)
You all got RIPPED OFF !!! >:)
Oh' well , at least you got your *CAESIUM BLUE* !!!
Oooops , wait a minute , that might not even be SACRED anymore either !!! >:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll have to print this, along with the stuff VZX-CO posted, to see if the dealer will be willing to do it.

JLR San Jose will probably claim up and down that they can't, but who knows. I'm not the biggest fan of their service department...

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I'll have to print this, along with the stuff VZX-CO posted, to see if the dealer will be willing to do it.

JLR San Jose will probably claim up and down that they can't, but who knows. I'm not the biggest fan of their service department...
Your best bet is probably to call their parts department first and see if they can get the various roof rails parts. Then service can install. Service department is just going to go to parts department anyways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally called today to inquire about getting this done based on the prior info on this thread. As expected, I met with resistance. The service guy at San Jose Jaguar insists that Jaguar "does not permit them" to do or attempt this installation, and that he has "personally seen bulletins saying this is not permitted". He said that even though the parts are available and in the warehouse, they may just be available for people who ordered it to begin with.

I asked him to check the bulletins again, because maybe these bulletins have been superseded by some newer bulletin. Regardless, will be interesting to get a copy of these "bulletins" saying not to do a roof-rails install, and more importantly, why not?

Trek, do you have a copy of that installation guide you mentioned before? Think you could send it or post it somewhere?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Finally called today to inquire about getting this done based on the prior info on this thread. As expected, I met with resistance. The service guy at San Jose Jaguar insists that Jaguar "does not permit them" to do or attempt this installation, and that he has "personally seen bulletins saying this is not permitted". He said that even though the parts are available and in the warehouse, they may just be available for people who ordered it to begin with.

I asked him to check the bulletins again, because maybe these bulletins have been superseded by some newer bulletin. Regardless, will be interesting to get a copy of these "bulletins" saying not to do a roof-rails install, and more importantly, why not?

Trek, do you have a copy of that installation guide you mentioned before? Think you could send it or post it somewhere?
My SA there is named John and he is completely worthless. I've come armed with printouts of Topix bulletins and still gotten pushback that the issue doesn't exist. He has never returned a voicemail or an email and then had the nerve to ask me why I gave them a low rating in a review.

I wanted to get the activity key installed and have never been able to get I quoted. They literally are throwing away money over there. I'd give them two thumbs down.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I hope you all have reported this stuff to Jaguar corporate so they know about it as they evaluate dealers nationwide.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
See if this link gets you to the roof rail kit accessory instructions:

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=737567&groupId=1668

This document includes estimated installation times and detailed install instructions which would indicate to me this is now an available accessory option.
Thanks. Pulled it off the site as a PDF.

There are two other dealers about an hour drive away, so if San Jose is unwilling or unable to do the install, perhaps one of them would be more open to it.

If not, I can always buy the parts myself and take them to a nearby body shop. I've no doubt someone out there would be willing to do it, though that might mean voiding any potential warranty when it comes to the roof.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks. Pulled it off the site as a PDF.

There are two other dealers about an hour drive away, so if San Jose is unwilling or unable to do the install, perhaps one of them would be more open to it.

If not, I can always buy the parts myself and take them to a nearby body shop. I've no doubt someone out there would be willing to do it, though that might mean voiding any potential warranty when it comes to the roof.
I don't know if San Jose has their own body shop? Wondering if they consider it body work and don't want to touch it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever get them installed? We are having the same issue. I ordered the parts from the parts department and then service said that they cannot install them. Said that the parts are only to replace broken ones, which, looking at the instructions on how they are installed, would require the same process as putting on new ones.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts