Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Adaptive Dynamics option on R-Sport

7K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Linden 
#1 ·
I placed my custom order for the FP R-Sport a few weeks ago. I'm having second thoughts about not adding the Adaptive Dynamics option for $1,000. My wife wants to keep the total cost down, but this will be my first luxury vehicle. I'm on my second Jeep Grand Cherokee right now and I love it. But last year my wife got the Audi Q7. I love how it handles and enjoy the luxurious ride. So I got the itch for a luxury SUV with a nicer ride than my Jeep.

For those with experience driving the FP with and without Adaptive Dynamics, is it really that noticeable? Most of my driving is in the city. I'd prefer to not spend the extra $1,000 but I also want a nice, somewhat luxurious ride in my first luxury SUV. My FP order includes 20" wheels. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#6 ·
The system automatically adjusts the dampers on each corner based on input from all of the sensors. I don't know of any visual confirmation that this is happening (I haven't seen any). There probably is a way to shut this off in the settings menu controlled by the steering wheel buttons but I haven't looked so I am not sure. However, if you are looking for a way to determine if the vehicle is equipped with the AD package you can tell by a screen in the main infotainment system. At least here in the states, the AD pkg also includes configurable dynamics (allows you to configure engine, transmission, suspension and steering weight/response for dynamic mode), and if the screen that controls this is present, the car has the AD pkg.

#11 · (Edited)
If a NICE Ride is one of your main concerns , then I would say you have already made the Best Step in achieving that , by ordering the 20" Wheels ! Once you get your F-Pace , go into the menu under Tire Pressure and set it for "Light Load" , then set your Tire Pressure at 34psi-37psi , and you will be Good To Go ! You have already spent a pretty penny just by getting an F-Pace , let alone an R-Sport , so I would highly suggest ADDING the Adaptive Dynamics , if for no other reason but to *Complete the Extremely Pleasant Experience* that is what we have all come to know as *Driving an F-Pace* ! :)

P.S. One thing to also consider between an R-Sport and an S , is your Interior Color Preference ! It seems that Interior Color is a Big Deal to some people ! Just a Thought ! :)

Reactions: Turbodog
#12 ·
I don’t know what you consider a luxurious ride, but my F-Pace S w/ 22’s has a much firmer ride than any of my previous 5 GC’s ever had. That’s not a bad thing, since it handles much better as well (feels more like a sports sedan instead of an SUV). My most recent GC was a ‘14 Overland with Air Suspension and it had more of a “luxury” soft ride IMO that soaked up bumps better vs the F-Pace. I wanted more sport and less luxury in my ride, so the S fits me perfectly. The 20’s do make it a bit less harsh than the 22’s like I have. I’ve only driven another F-pace for a few hours while mine was in for service, but I didn’t feel a difference in the adaptive dampers during normal driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.