Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Custom order or dealer stock Adaptive Dynamics?

• Custom ordered

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Dealer stock

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in talking about this on my other thread, I've started to wonder......
Did anyone who has the Adaptive Dynamics option added to their non-S trim level F-Pace find it in dealer stock? Or did everyone custom order it???

I am trying to include a poll for visuals.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Did anyone who has the Adaptive Dynamics option added to their non-S trim level F-Pace find it in dealer stock? Or did everyone custom order it???
I needed a custom order for roof rails and trailer hitch. Not sure how many spec builds have Adaptive Dynamics...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The roof rails are fairly common now, I don't think at the beginning though. The tow package definitely seems to be less frequent.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
517 Posts
In general, I found it hard to locate diesels in dealer stock that had much of anything in terms of options. My two local dealers had several diesels, all Premiums and with maybe the vision package and/or comfort package. Even when I searched the entire inventory on the JaguarUSA site, I couldn't find a single Prestige or R-Sport with the diesel engine and the packages I wanted - one of them being the Adaptive Dynamics package.

My guess is part of this may be the dealers have been wary of how well the diesels would move and tried to keep them in the lower price range. In fact, the first SG I dealt with said pretty much that - that the target was to keep them under $50K. He didn't want to order anything for me, so I went 30 miles further down the road and found an SG who was happy to.

I would have much preferred to buy something off the lot - from anywhere - I just couldn't find it out there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oops, well I just saw in your other post that you de-bunked the diesel engine being a specific factor in the lack of the AD package. Seems a bit of mystery to me, but there are a couple of packs that I didn't see on many dealer stock builds at all - AD being one and the Lux pack being the other. This suggests to me that maybe the dealer's didn't see these as appealing for the cost increase as some of the other option packs, and probably still for price point reasons didn't want to fully load the Prestige and R-Sport trims.

And yes this is all guesswork at best on my part. I'm sure someone with more insight into the how dealers operate will be along to explain what's really going on. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
My guess is part of this may be the dealers have been wary of how well the diesels would move and tried to keep them in the lower price range...
My SG was bitching that the dealership had ordered a bunch of Premiums but that those were going to be harder to sell. I think the dealers spec'd them from their allotments early in the year and then found by the time they were arriving that most buyers were preferring a higher-spec'd vehicle. I started looking because of the $41k price point but ended up at $57k or so. That is very unlike me but it sure is a nice car :)

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
286 Posts
My dealer has many Premium. Only 4 with diesel. And very few any model with added AD.
I did not like the premium at all.
Happy with diesel so far. One month.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My SG was bitching that the dealership had ordered a bunch of Premiums but that those were going to be harder to sell. I think the dealers spec'd them from their allotments early in the year and then found by the time they were arriving that most buyers were preferring a higher-spec'd vehicle. I started looking because of the $41k price point but ended up at $57k or so. That is very unlike me but it sure is a nice car :)
That's me too. My build is almost identical to yours, except I'm opting for ICTP and no hitch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
54 for a prestige with adaptive, no ictp, but ordered racks and hitch.

·
Registered
589 Posts
54 for a prestige with adaptive, no ictp, but ordered racks and hitch.
Sounds very similar (I've got another $700 in aluminum inserts and activity key). Will come in at just under $52k before tax and license including an extra $1k incentive to finance with Jaguar. I'll flip that after a few months into a better loan.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is JRL offering financing incentives now through Chase? I remember seeing earlier they were not. I can get 2.49% through USAA so I was planning on financing through them but would be open to dealer financing if it was a significant discount.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Is JRL offering financing incentives now through Chase? I remember seeing earlier they were not. I can get 2.49% through USAA so I was planning on financing through them but would be open to dealer financing if it was a significant discount.
I believe that there is a $1k credit for financing. Maybe through the end of March?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Call me stupid..

But what is this ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS thing that's seems to be so special to some...what's the purpose of it, or is it something the average driver can live without..

·
Registered
517 Posts
Call me stupid..

But what is this ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS thing that's seems to be so special to some...what's the purpose of it, or is it something the average driver can live without..
3 basic features:

1) supposedly learns from your driving style and fine tunes the suspension, throttle response and shift points to best match
2) you can manually set these attributes to customize Dynamic mode to your liking
3) includes the adaptive surface response mode that will adjust for ice, snow, mud etc.

Yes I could live without, but it's one of the less expensive packages and it just made sense to me to add it - for resale value and in case I decide to start taking road trips to places where winter is a real thing.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Call me stupid..

I trust you are not in that category of "average driver" !

Not much here or in the manual, but I am sure more will chime in. To me, the real change is when you can go to configurable dynamics, and select which systems to perform more sporty, sport.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Okay..Thanks for the info..But one last dumb questeon'...How would I know if I have this AD? And would the setting show up in the settings menu somewhere?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Me thinks only on the S, based on this... I think you only have "Intelligent Driveline Dynamics4 software for agile handling and to minimize understeer."

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yeah, I guess the answer is maybe for mine...I see a small blurb in the OM (page 105)about it and something about Adaptive Cruise control..But nothing pertain to setting or configuring it..

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
it should be listed on your VISTA order sheet... maybe?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds very similar (I've got another $700 in aluminum inserts and activity key). Will come in at just under $52k before tax and license including an extra $1k incentive to finance with Jaguar. I'll flip that after a few months into a better loan.
Can you explain the $1k incentive to finance with Jaguar?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts