Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My adaptive cruise control Stopped working On 2019 jaguar F pace, when ever i turn the cruise on it goes to this LHM mode and this LHM mode cruise work only under 35MPH. Any suggestions or directions is appreciated

·
Registered
272 Posts
What is the LHM mode? I haven't seen that happen on my 2019 F-Pace.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think LHM is limp home mode, usually happens with engine issues or large scale electronics issues.
Do you mean aspc? The low traction cruise, e.g. for getting off a beach or ice? You should be able to switch that on/off with the button that looks like a car with a speedometer over it. I’ve accidentally pressed it before. I think it’s just forward of the parking brake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
During the slushy winter, I frequently need to clean the clear flat plastic plate on the grill (radar shield) to ensure proper adaptive cruise operation. Similar cleaning of the small round proximity sensors on the bumpers.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the LHM mode? I haven't seen that happen on my 2019 F-Pace.
Sorry my bad typo, the LIM mode, whenever i hit the cruise button and set a speed limit it truns on the LIM mode and reduces my speed and keeps me below 35MPH

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. I think LHM is limp home mode, usually happens with engine issues or large scale electronics issues.
    Do you mean aspc? The low traction cruise, e.g. for getting off a beach or ice? You should be able to switch that on/off with the button that looks like a car with a speedometer over it. I’ve accidentally pressed it before. I think it’s just forward of the parking brake.
  2. thats a good question on low traction cruise, may be i have to check that, thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try that and Keep you posted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Y
During the slushy winter, I frequently need to clean the clear flat plastic plate on the grill (radar shield) to ensure proper adaptive cruise operation. Similar cleaning of the small round proximity sensors on the bumpers.
Thanks for the suggestion. i always clean the sensors and radar clear plate

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sorry my bad typo, the LIM mode, whenever i hit the cruise button and set a speed limit it truns on the LIM mode and reduces my speed and keeps me below 35MPH
My 2017 works differently, but I think your 2019 works this way.
Press the LIM button (5) on the fascia to switch between the speed limiter and adaptive cruise control.
When the vehicle is first switched on, the vehicle reverts to whichever system was used previously.
Adaptive cruise control is not available when the speed limiter is in operation.
I think that is what is causing your situation, ie, you're still in speed limiter mode.
So, after start press the LIM button (5) and to select Adaptive Cruise press the SET+ button (1) on the right side of the steering wheel.

The instrument panel displays a white information lamp to inform the driver that adaptive cruise control is engaged. The LIM icon (5) on the fascia illuminates amber.
This is the instrument panel display:

The instrument panel information lamp illuminates green, and the LIM icon (5) illuminates white, when adaptive cruise control is active.
If you see either of these on the instrument panel:
Adaptive Speed Limiter
Speed Limiter
You're still in the speed limiter mode.
Press the LIM button (5) to go to cruise control mode and then press SET+ (1) to set cruise again.

That's my best guess. My 2017 works differently, but I read the manual for the 19 and I believe this is your situation.
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 2017 works differently, but I think your 2019 works this way.
Press the LIM button (5) on the fascia to switch between the speed limiter and adaptive cruise control.
When the vehicle is first switched on, the vehicle reverts to whichever system was used previously.
Adaptive cruise control is not available when the speed limiter is in operation.
I think that is what is causing your situation, ie, you're still in speed limiter mode.
So, after start press the LIM button (5) and to select Adaptive Cruise press the SET+ button (1) on the right side of the steering wheel.
View attachment 71990
The instrument panel displays a white information lamp to inform the driver that adaptive cruise control is engaged. The LIM icon (5) on the fascia illuminates amber.
This is the instrument panel display:
View attachment 71984
The instrument panel information lamp illuminates green, and the LIM icon (5) illuminates white, when adaptive cruise control is active.
If you see either of these on the instrument panel:
View attachment 71987
Adaptive Speed Limiter
View attachment 71988 Speed Limiter
You're still in the speed limiter mode.
Press the LIM button (5) to go to cruise control mode and then press SET+ (1) to set cruise again.

That's my best guess. My 2017 works differently, but I read the manual for the 19 and I believe this is your situation.
Hope it helps.
Awesome... This steps worked, now i am
Able to use the Adaptive Cruise Control. I turned off the LIM everything is working like its supposed to. Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Awesome... This steps worked, now i am
Able to use the Adaptive Cruise Control. I turned off the LIM everything is working like its supposed to. Thank you so much for your help!
Glad I could help.

Reactions: Ashpace

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Skyking is awesome with these tidbits. I did this once myself in the 2017 as I managed to put it in LIM mode by accident and had to get the manual out to figure out what was going on. Of course it took me 2 days of frustration before I decide to pull out the manual.

Reactions: skyking

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

My adaptive cruise control Stopped working On 2019 jaguar F pace, when ever i turn the cruise on it goes to this LHM mode and this LHM mode cruise work only under 35MPH. Any suggestions or directions is appreciated
MY CRUISE CONTROL HAS STOPPED WORKING AND LIM ONLY COMES ON WHEN I SET FOR CRUISE CONTROL. REALLY ANNOYING

1 - 12 of 12 Posts