Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to go to a different floor mat with coverage of the dead pedal but don't like the industrial look of the WTs and other usual rubber suspects so I decided to give these a go... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XXB8XGF/?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My quick review is that they look less industrial and have a reasonably good match to the interior color. They fit well and the construction appears to be relatively robust, a person gets the impression they can stand up to modest wet foot and dirt action. I don't think I would use them for real snow and that kind of thing. Nor will they hold a beverage your kids have spilled. Without having the benefit of the test of time that's about all I can say about them.

All in all I would have rather got a nice Berber of something of that kind that had better coverage up the sides and on the dead pedal but couldn't find any. I usually get such mats and just toss them when they start getting a little bedraggled and get another set. I'm not unhappy with these, but they were not my choice so much as the best I could do based on what I wanted and what was available.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm going to run the stock premium mats in the summer and hope that Husky comes out with F pace mats by winter. I used to be in the camp of we gotta cover everything up right away.... and after 3-4 vehicles, what that got me was pristine mats for the next owner to enjoy and no enjoyment for me.. along with they get the winter mats I had! Not saving stuff for someday or the next owner anymore......Life's too short....

Reactions: ILoopThem

·
Registered
521 Posts
Crabman, agree about the WT's, but those a bit too quilty for me! I too am in search of the right mats. Possibly going with Lloyds for non winter months.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've used Lloyds before and been happy with their stuff but passed them up with this one because their coverage appears to be similar to the stock mats meaning they don't cover much at all. In the Pace this means my right foot would have been sitting on uncovered dead pedal and Mrs Crab's heels would still be digging divits in the passenger side forward wall where there is no mat coverage. Here in the Pacific Northwest you spend a lot of the year in rain and so on and places like that dead pedal area can quickly get a nasty tattering going on. My car only has 1500 miles on it and I can already see the beginings of wear and discoloration on the dead pedal carpet from dirty wet shoes. If you do find something interesting post it up MGluck, I'd like to hear your opinions on them. Seems like a lot of folks get the WTs and call it a day anymore.

stentoak, I'm not worried about keeping pristine mats, I am trying to keep the carpet from getting beat up and stained. I'm way too old to worry about saving something. :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Here in the Pacific Northwest you spend a lot of the year in rain and so on and places like that dead pedal area can quickly get a nasty tattering going on.
OK, I need a translation here. :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dead pedal is the raised area on the left side of the drivers foot well where the driver can rest the left foot during grocery getting duty or brace while pulling Gs in a turn or other such shananigans. For most people its just a place to rest the left foot that is closer in height and orientation to the right foot location on the throttle pedal, this reduces driver fatigue.

I'm guessing that was your question?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The dead pedal is the raised area on the left side of the drivers foot well where the driver can rest the left foot during grocery getting duty or brace while pulling Gs in a turn or other such shananigans. For most people its just a place to rest the left foot that is closer in height and orientation to the right foot location on the throttle pedal, this reduces driver fatigue.

I'm guessing that was your question?
Not really. I know what a dead pedal is (your talking to an old sports car guy here) , but I don't know what a "nasty tattering" is:)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Aren't you afraid that these LUXURIOUS PLUSH HIGHLY DETAILED SOFT LEATHER Mats , are going to CLASH with ALL the FAKE WOOD and PLASTICS and INFERIOR MATERIALS used in the F-Pace ??? :eek:
That's why I went with the PLAIN CHEAP looking WT's , so they would perfectly match the Interior !!! >:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not really. I know what a dead pedal is (your talking to an old sports car guy here) , but I don't know what a "nasty tattering" is:)
lol, Ok, ya got me. To be honest this car brings in folks from a broad spectrum so I never know if I'm talking to a car guy, someone who found the packaging just right, someone who bought strictly based on it's pretty face, etc.
@MGluck, they do cover it, amazon link -----> https://www.amazon.com/Jaguar-F-Pac...keywords=weathertech+floor+mats+jaguar+f+pace Again, I'm not down on the WTs, I think most would vote them somewhere at the top of the heap for mats of that kind. They are way more than I need though. As I said I would have preferred to stick with a nice carpeted mat that had better coverage and tossed them for new as I went along. It's how I normally do it but couldn't find anything that was much better in coverage except the WTs which are on the other side of the spectrum. My car is showing wear on the outer edge of the dead pedal already so I decided to make a move on something instead of waiting and hoping for a product that was more inline with what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
lol, Ok, ya got me. To be honest this car brings in folks from a broad spectrum so I never know if I'm talking to a car guy, someone who found the packaging just right, someone who bought strictly based on it's pretty face, etc.
@MGluck, they do cover it, amazon link -----> https://www.amazon.com/Jaguar-F-Pac...keywords=weathertech+floor+mats+jaguar+f+pace Again, I'm not down on the WTs, I think most would vote them somewhere at the top of the heap for mats of that kind. They are way more than I need though. As I said I would have preferred to stick with a nice carpeted mat that had better coverage and tossed them for new as I went along. It's how I normally do it but couldn't find anything that was much better in coverage except the WTs which are on the other side of the spectrum. My car is showing wear on the outer edge of the dead pedal already so I decided to make a move on something instead of waiting and hoping for a product that was more inline with what I wanted.
Thanks for explaining your position on floor mats. I don't feel the mats you have would work for me here in the mid Atlantic area. We get quite a bit of wet slushy, icy stuff during the winter. I have a mix of WT's in the front, and a one piece Tuxmat in the back. Both are quite easy to clean, and I can remove them in better weather times if I feel so inclined.
I am left to assume that a "nasty tattering" infers that the area around the dead pedal is showing wear and tear. :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
A couple of months ago there were some floor mats shown on this forum from a company in Canada. Anybody remember the company's name?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
A couple of months ago there were some floor mats shown on this forum from a company in Canada. Anybody remember the company's name?
I mentioned it in my previous post.I obtained a rear mat when I was in Canada recently. Tuxmat is the company I believe you are referring to.
I showed it to a couple of interested owners at the meet and greet on Sunday.

Reactions: NVA_FPACE

·
Registered
521 Posts

I mentioned it in my previous post.I obtained a rear mat when I was in Canada recently. Tuxmat is the company I believe you are referring to.
I showed it to a couple of interested owners at the meet and greet on Sunday.
YES...those. Sorry I missed the mention in the previous post. I LOVE the way these look. Are you completely happy with them?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just ordered a complete set of the TuxMat after a couple of back and forth emails with their customer service. I am anxious to see how they look and fit in person. I will report back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just ordered a complete set of the TuxMat after a couple of back and forth emails with their customer service. I am anxious to see how they look and fit in person. I will report back.
They look great on the website! Please update once you receive them. You should ask them about a referral fee. If they're anywhere near as nice as they look, I'm ordering a set the next day. The stock mats suck.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
As I indicated I only have the back mat, not a full set. The rear looks great, fits well, with good coverage, especially in the hump area.
Since I have only had it for just over a week, I can't tell you much more.
One of the posters from Ontario bought a full set, and I believe he gave a review. You may find it, if you do a search.
I think you will be pleased with them.

Reactions: NVA_FPACE
1 - 20 of 20 Posts