Registered
286 Posts
Lookin good!
That's what I want

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Jag should have done better out of the gate with these controls. They look(ed) ;) really cheap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
seat control bling

I should have looked closer at these pics and the buttons in my S. I ordered a set and just received them from China (pretty quick I might add). They are exactly as shown but do not account for the extra buttons when you get the 14-way power seats. I don't know whether to send them back or just make do with what's included.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should have looked closer at these pics and the buttons in my S. I ordered a set and just received them from China (pretty quick I might add). They are exactly as shown but do not account for the extra buttons when you get the 14-way power seats. I don't know whether to send them back or just make do with what's included.
Do a trial fitting and post a pic. I'd imagine it's an uplift/improvement from plain jane black plastic regardless of the couple of missing buttons.

·
Registered
31 Posts
OK here's the complete installation. I decided to keep the kit a make a couple of modifications to make it look complete.
I cut a notch in the center ring so the existing 'pointer' part protruded through.
I then painted the 'pointer' and the extra front button with silver paint that I used on plastic aircraft models. It's a near perfect match.
I had to do a little masking around the parts I painting. A little extra work required but I think worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks sensational PaulMack! It sure picks the otherwise drab area up. :)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
That is a drab area, especially for those of us with black interiors. This post got me thinking, maybe paint the plastic backing for the switches, in RED, to match the little red "S" bits on and in the vehicle. Black surround, black controls, on a bright red background. Might do a bit of photochopping on that idea....

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a drab area, especially for those of us with black interiors. This post got me thinking, maybe paint the plastic backing for the switches, in RED, to match the little red "S" bits on and in the vehicle. Black surround, black controls, on a bright red background. Might do a bit of photochopping on that idea....
Jag should be ashamed to have released them so unadorned and plain. And like PaulMack said...you may rarely touch these button, but they are the first thing you see when opening a door.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I just hope that the first thing people see when you open the door now , is NOT your finger prints or smudges on that SHINY CHROME Surround Piece ??? >:)
Just remember , NO TOUCHY that piece !!! ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Jag should be ashamed to have released them so unadorned and plain. And like PaulMack said...you may rarely touch these button, but they are the first thing you see when opening a door.
In Jaguar's defense, they probably would prefer to keep that area plain so that it isn't the first thing you see when you open the door. On the other hand, I've found adding chrome trim around the cup holder to improve the center console tremendously.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
In Jaguar's defense, they probably would prefer to keep that area plain so that it isn't the first thing you see when you open the door. On the other hand, I've found adding chrome trim around the cup holder to improve the center console tremendously.
Be careful theRAMSTA ! Someone might come along and ask you to get back "on topic" ! Seeings how this thread is about "Seat Control Bling" ! ;) Just an observation , on my part , and looking out for you ! >:)
Your Pal , *GR*

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To me, one of the worst offenders that pegs my cheap meter is the std. rear climate control unit. It could almost not look more down market. The upgraded market is marginally better (shape and bit more bling). But for a rear seat passenger, looking around when sitting in the back simply doesn't measure up to the vehicle's asking price. Same with the XE.

I am a dyed in the wool Jag guy, but this area of the vehicle is about as non-Jag as you can get - a sea of hard black plastic. It reeks of cost-cutting. I hope they realize it and improve things at the mid-cycle refresh.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Please stay on topic, chrome around cup holders clearly has no similarities with chrome around seat controls.

Hehe >:)

Just kidding, of course. Thought I'd entertain GR. ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Jag's bean counters would prefer to keep all areas plain (and cheaply kitted out). Don't defend them. It's cost cutting at the sacrifice of being special. And unfortunately those choices serve to erode what the marque has historically had as a distinct reputation in the marketplace - comfortable, affordable luxury, in a driver's car - Grace, Pace, Space. Just like the lack of embellishment on the cup holder rings that you thought needed an uplift....because they do :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Please stay on topic, chrome around cup holders clearly has no similarities with chrome around seat controls.

Hehe >:)

Just kidding, of course. Thought I'd entertain GR. ;)
THANKS jwreck ! You accomplished your mission ! :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts