Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I ordered my F-Pace months ago, I was cautiously hopeful that it would come close to the range that I enjoyed in my Audi A3 TDI, which would regularly get around 530 miles out of its 13 gallon tank. (of course, we all know now how they managed that......)

I stopped to fill up while out running some errands this afternoon (i.e. I drove to local brewpub ;)), and as I was driving back toward the homestead I looked down and saw 498 miles to empty. I realize the computer mpg calculations are a little generous, but the miles to empty usually seems to be pretty close. I took this pic after I got home. I'm pretty darn pleased with this, and every time I fill up it seems to get a little higher so maybe I'll break 500 miles at some point.

And I realize my average mph suggests I drive like a grandma, but the majority off my 55 mile daily commute (each way) is posted at 45 to 60 mph, with about 15 miles of it at 35 mph. I think that puts me right in the sweet spot for the diesel engine, and with only 3 traffic lights and one stop sign on the route it really maximizes the efficiency.

This is why I went with the diesel. I wanted enough range that I wasn't stopping every other day for fuel. So far, so good. Really couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
When I ordered my F-Pace months ago, I was cautiously hopeful that it would come close to the range that I enjoyed in my Audi A3 TDI, which would regularly get around 530 miles out of its 13 gallon tank. (of course, we all know now how they managed that......)

I stopped to fill up while out running some errands this afternoon (i.e. I drove to local brewpub ;)), and as I was driving back toward the homestead I looked down and saw 498 miles to empty. I realize the computer mpg calculations are a little generous, but the miles to empty usually seems to be pretty close. I took this pic after I got home. I'm pretty darn pleased with this, and every time I fill up it seems to get a little higher so maybe I'll break 500 miles at some point.

And I realize my average mph suggests I drive like a grandma, but the majority off my 55 mile daily commute (each way) is posted at 45 to 60 mph, with about 15 miles of it at 35 mph. I think that puts me right in the sweet spot for the diesel engine, and with only 3 traffic lights and one stop sign on the route it really maximizes the efficiency.

This is why I went with the diesel. I wanted enough range that I wasn't stopping every other day for fuel. So far, so good. Really couldn't be happier.
I want to start my response with a big screw you! I have a range of < 300 miles, more like 270. And i don't drive crazy? My co worker has a deisel and he told me he can drive from dallas to okc, run errands and drive back to dallas on the same tank. I haven't had those numbers in 10 years.

There might be something to this diesel thing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah, screw you man! (no offense indented) ;);)

I also have the gas version and I get just over 300 miles.

But it is what it is. Doesn't bother much as it used to.. I accept the things I cannot change LOL

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I want to start my response with a big screw you! I have a range of < 300 miles, more like 270. And i don't drive crazy?
Yeah, screw you man! (no offense indented) ;);)

I also have the gas version and I get just over 300 miles.
S model, here. Most mileage ever from a full tank = 298.
Apparently it's ALL in how you drive BOYS & GIRLS !!!;)

I have the *380-Hp* , and I *ALWAYS* get *365-375miles* per tank !!!:D

And YES , it's already been proven with *PICS* on this Forum !!!>:)

So if you're going to keep driving , the way you're driving , then *STOP YOUR WHINING* !!!:laugh:

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
And I realize my average mph suggests I drive like a grandma
WHAT THE ???
Turbodog , I got to know right now , are you a *Turbo Ma* or a *Turbo Pa* ???:eek::)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'll double check next week during my weekly top off, but I think my numbers aren't quite that good, but close. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts

So if you're going to keep driving , the way you're driving , then *STOP YOUR WHINING* !!!:laugh:

how? I always get 260-270 even if I drive good all the week.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Att is my record. I keep track of every fillup. The reason for the yellow highlight is my purchases in Canada. When I Snowbird to the US for the Winter the highlight will be green.
Calculated manually. The rated mileage is US MPG:26C/33H or Lt/100 KM 9.0C/7.1H (City/Highway). I put Shell V Power in last purchase to see if there is any difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
My 1st two tanks thru the diesel were 31 MPG mostly all city and not babying it.. can only get better. Can't wait to take it on it's 1st 2-300 mile trip early next month......!

·
Registered
337 Posts

A few questions.

Do you ever floor your Jag ?

What does your (or VR's ;) ) drive consist of? Just flat lands with no lights and 40MPH limits?

Do you use Eco mode all the time?

No use of AC?

Have you always gotten that range or has it just gotten better?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Att is my record. I keep track of every fillup. The reason for the yellow highlight is my purchases in Canada. When I Snowbird to the US for the Winter the highlight will be green.
Calculated manually. The rated mileage is US MPG:26C/33H or Lt/100 KM 9.0C/7.1H (City/Highway). I put Shell V Power in last purchase to see if there is any difference.

I've never seen a report like this before. How and where do you get it from please? Is it part of a package?

Thanks in advance.

BTW hope you come to Florida for the winter, we welcome you with open arms.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I created it. It is a Microsoft Word doc with a table. Can't upload as the doc exceeds limits but you can use the format deleting the metric info.

Thanks for the invite to your State. We go to the North West corner of Phoenix which is 1500 miles South of where we live. Used to go to San Antonio which was directly South of where we lived before, 1500 miles.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I created it. It is a Microsoft Word doc with a table. Can't upload as the doc exceeds limits but you can use the format deleting the metric info.

Thanks for the invite to your State. We go to the North West corner of Phoenix which is 1500 miles South of where we live. Used to go to San Antonio which was directly South of where we lived before, 1500 miles.

Thanks for the info. was wondering if it was a data dump from a credit card or the fuel island into an FP app.

If I created one I might do in Excel so I could average consumption, economy other useless calculations that would just take up my time.

I've found the best way for me to improve economy and consumption is leave the economy screen up instead to the digital speedometer in the center of my console. I don't have the tech package so my selections on reconfiguring the dash are limited but that works for me. I seem to take my foot off the petal more often and see my averages increase. It has helped me stay consistently around 30mpg in town and up to 40 on the road.

If you reconsider Florida stop by on your way, and I'll buy you a cup of coffee or a Dr. Pepper.

And as some of my northern friends say, Aye!

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
how? I always get 260-270 even if I drive good all the week.
The next time you Fill-up , LOOK to see what your Instrument Panel states , in the *Miles To Empty* section !!!
As I have sated before , in another thread , that number is *VERY ACCURATE* !!!

I have noticed that it does change , depending on which Mode you have been driving in , and which is selected at the time of Fill-up !!!

Ours has been as high as 380+miles to empty , when in *ECO-MODE* !!!

It states 345-360 miles to empty , when in *NORMAL MODE* !!! Which is the Mode we have been driving in , since the summer arrived , and we have been cranking the AC !!!

I have NO numbers for you , in *DYNAMIC MODE* !!!;) I have only put it in that Mode on a very few occasions , and just for a quick thrill !!!>:) I'm not going to sit here and deny it , *IT FELT AWESOME* !!!:D
But definitely not something I have to do ALL the time !!! I enjoy just CRUISING in my F-PACE !!!0:)

P.S. If you are showing only *270-miles per tank* , and you're tank only holds *12-13 gallons* at fill-up , then you can't accurately say that *270 miles* is ALL you get per tank !!! You're tank holds *16-gallons* !!!

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
A few questions.

1. Do you ever floor your Jag ?

2. What does your (or VR's ;) ) drive consist of? Just flat lands with no lights and 40MPH limits?

3. Do you use Eco mode all the time?

4. No use of AC?

5. Have you always gotten that range or has it just gotten better?
1. I do *floor it* every once in awhile , probably MORE then what most people on here would assume !!! But probably NOT as much as most of you !!!

2. We live on *Flat Lands* !!! However , in order to go most places , we have to drive at least 8-20 miles in either direction , and the majority of that driving is 60-70 mph on highways !!! Around here , we do not have humongous City's , where you have stop light after stop light !!! Almost every weekend , we drive at least an hour (one way) , just to go CRUISING in the F-PACE and get some Lunch or Dinner , and do some shopping !!!

3. We pretty much used *ECO-MODE* all through the Winter Months , but we switched to *NORMAL MODE* back before Summer !!! I'm not sure whether or not , if it benefits the AC , to be in Normal Mode , but I do it just in case !!!

4. AC is used ALL Summer !!! We prefer the windows up , and radio on !!!

5. We have ALWAYS gotten this range !!!

If some of you all are really doing the *SPEED RACER* thing , like some have stated they do on here , then I'm pretty sure THAT is where your *miles to empty* differs from mine !!! I don't blame you all one bit , for wanting to make the car do , what it is capable of doing !!! ENJOY yourselves , till your Heart is Content !!!;)

Reactions: JagFPace1

·
Registered
193 Posts

You must live where all the streets go downhill.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
You must live where all the streets go downhill.
What part of *FLAT LANDS* do you NOT understand ???

There are NO Hills . . . . . . . . . . . . either Up or Down !!!>:)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts