Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going for my last free service, the 5 year on Monday. No issues, which is great.
Other than the standard oil, filter and pollen filter, I noticed the spark plugs get changed.
For all of you who have had this service, did they change yours without asking or did you have to push them to get it done?

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
631 Posts
I’m going for my last free service, the 5 year on Monday. No issues, which is great.
Other than the standard oil, filter and pollen filter, I noticed the spark plugs get changed.
For all of you who have had this service, did they change yours without asking or did you have to push them to get it done?
Hey @skyking we have the same SA and according to my paperwork, they changed mine without asking. They also did some additional service bulletin issue I knew nothing about involving headliner. They did mention that one of my tire treads was in the "yellow" and needed to be changed soon. I thought it was strange that only one was showing this and I'm pretty anal about balance and rotation. I later took it to Discount Tire and they rotated and re-balanced everything again and said all tires were good 🤷‍♂️ . They also "flashed" the car's main ECM because the auto start/stop quit working some time ago.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
SK

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, @ctufieldops.
Good to hear they did it without asking.
I had the flash for stop start not working on last years service and it's worked perfectly since then, when I don't turn it off. I'll check on the headliner bulletin.
I bought a lifetime rotation and balance myself from Discount Tire. Did mine 4 days ago. I try to have it done before taking it in for the annual. I have tons of tread left since I only have 19,000 miles.
Pete told me no chance of a loaner, so I'll be drinking free coffee on Monday. Hopefully I can test drive a few cars while I'm there.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thanks, @ctufieldops.
I had the flash for stop start not working on last years service and it's worked perfectly since then, when I don't turn it off. I'll check on the headliner bulletin.
I bought a lifetime rotation and balance myself from Discount Tire. Did mine 4 days ago. I try to have it done before taking it in for the annual. I have tons of tread left since I only have 19,000 miles.
Pete told me no chance of a loaner, so I'll be drinking free coffee on Monday. Hopefully I can test drive a few cars while I'm there.
Seems like they honor this as part of the routine service. Our's were also replaced as part of the last, five year Elite Care Service in September. We are now at 43K+ miles. Did not have to ask for it. Smilarly the Gateway Control Module had a software update which fixed the Stop/Start function. They also replaced an Oxygen Sensor.

BTW, we are now a month or so beyond our five years, and just had the SOTA update icon come on in the car, without checking for it. We use AndroidAuto, so have not had the Carplay or any other issues, but will probably do the update anyway just to keep in step. Wonder how long they will support us early adopters with SOTA? Of course, I've long since given up on expecting any real functional improvements to the ICTP, even though I always thought it was originally ment to have a good many additional useful features (like navigate to <contact> or to <location> in Calendar events). Sadly both Apps and Services seemed to have so much potential, but turned out to be lukewarm at best.

Anyway, still thoroughly enjoying our ride.
Cheers

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thanks, @ctufieldops.
Ha, always love the free coffee and snacks. I think I've got you beat in terms of mileage, I only have 14,000 miles on mine.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: ctufieldops

·
F Pace Expert
2,544 Posts
Same, had my last covered service in August and plugs were on the agenda automatically.

About 48 hours after my coverage ran out the airbag light for right front seat starting staying on randomly. Has gone away but had me angsty for a bit.

Gosh, now I'm wondering about my start/stop. Realizing it may be out.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
A review of my 5 year service:

Monday at 7:30am brought the car in with the intention to wait, as I was told no loaners available. Not a problem for me.

Since this was my last warranty service, I asked them to do 2 things.
1. Give a good visual inspection of the car once up on the rack. (I have one clunk when descending and turning at the same time out the end of my driveway).
2. Update the telematics if available as the InControl Remote is still hit or miss (written up for the past 5 years with no resolution).
Started setting up my nest when the SA tells me they will have to run diagnostics on the Remote so he found a loaner :) and he'll call when it's ready.

Wednesday at 3 I call to find what's happening and he tells me they haven't even looked at it and it may be next week.
I read him the riot act and he understands my frustration and says he'll do his best.

So, it's ready Thursday.
1. Nothing found on the suspension inspection.
2. They will not update the telematics without error codes, which they didn't find. I raise the white flag, been fighting this for 5 years!
3. Oil, Filter, Pollen Filter and Spark Plugs changed.

Since they've overfilled my oil once before, double check and Bingo, overfilled. Just get me out of here! :(
They take it back and 30 minutes later it's showing correct reading.

So, here's my take after 5 years of ownership:
Great Car
Jaguar service is the worst I've ever experienced.
PS
Just checked tires and of course they inflated them to 43 psi when I told them leave them at 37psi. You can’t win!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Overfilled crank case and tires, no surprise there. :) Thanks for sharing, I'll save this for potential pitfalls at my 5-year service.

Reactions: skyking

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My 2018 is going in for its last service next August. It is also moving to a new out-of-state home this winter. So it’s the last five year service will be at a brand new dealership never tried before in a new state. Will be interesting to see how that goes…and if all records follow….

·
F Pace Expert
2,544 Posts
My dealership service dept still very good and five year was fine.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Just completed my 5 year service yesterday with 13,335 miles. Was a bit concerned that they would charge for the service given that the 5 year anniversary was 1/16 and they didn't have a service slot with loaner until early Feb. No hassle at all, told me it was included and gave me a loaner. Overall the car has been trouble free with only the early electronics gremlins plaguing the experience.

Loaner was a 2021 F-Pace and I have to say I really liked the updated interior. The seats were less firm but still supportive, comfortable and the interior materials were a step up compared to my 2017 S. Huge leap in screen quality, color and contrast on Pivi Pro compared to ICTP, especially obvious in navigation.

Dealership only had Range Rovers in the showroom, no Jags. They only had one available, a 2021 S with a $5500 dealer markup for ceramic coating and some other items. Said nobody can get F-Paces at all, let along an R-Dynamic or SVR. The only real option was to order at this point. For now, I'll hold on to the S and see how the next year or so treats us.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My R-Dynamic was 8 months to get on order and made it out without any chip shortage and under MSRP. Long wait, but a pretty exclusive club. So far its been great....

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
So my 2018 F pace 20 D is going in for its final service in five years in July, as soon as it passes five years in service date does all of the remote and connectivity functions fall off? It wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me. I do maintain the freedom pop Sim card as it’s still only four dollars a month for a very minute amount of data that is just enough for us.
Also do they really do anything significant on the final service or is it just a licking and a promise and we are glad you’re out the door?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So my 2018 F pace 20 D is going in for its final service in five years in July, as soon as it passes five years in service date does all of the remote and connectivity functions fall off? It wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me. I do maintain the freedom pop Sim card as it’s still only four dollars a month for a very minute amount of data that is just enough for us.
Also do they really do anything significant on the final service or is it just a licking and a promise and we are glad you’re out the door?
As the time gets closer to your anniversary you'll start getting notices in the car that subscription services will expire soon and direct you to the InControl web site to renew services if you want to continue to use them. I let my services lapse since I have a 3G car and don't see a way to turn the services on now that they've been disabled.

Nothing special on the 5 year service for me, just completed the service with no charges. Whatever the 5 year service is for the diesel is what you should get.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
They do a spark plug change in addition to the oil change, filter and pollen filter on the gas powered cars.
If you renew your in control subscription, and use your phone’s hotspot, most everything works. I also renewed the map subscription. Remote start works great for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts