Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my F-Pace S since November. It went into the shop in January for repeat CEL which had been addressed a week earlier, dash rattles, and horrible panel alignment (hood gap of over 5mm on one side and nearly touching the front edge of the fender on the other). Now nearing 4 months in the shop. Most of the time has been spent waiting for Jag to supply a new dashboard to replace the original which was broken. The CEL now appears to have been related to the accessory drive pulley eating through seals on the front of the engine and causing an oil leak. Jag had said they would consider a replacement vehicle, but now say they will reimburse me for the monthly notes that I have paid while it has been down as a courtesy since "they are under no obligation but to abide by the warranty" . I put a large down payment on the SUV, so my monthly payment is not reflective of the "inconvenience" this has caused. They now they think it could be ready this week. Not very pleased at the moment. It's a May 2016 build purchased from the dealer with about 4500 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Man that really sucks..I'd be pushing real hard for the replacement option...

Reactions: OneTwo and Kubota

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man that really sucks..I'd be pushing real hard for the replacement option...
I agree. Hopefully the dealer has provided you with a comparable vehicle to drive.
Best of Luck to you!

Reactions: DPK

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I've owned my F-Pace S since November. It went into the shop in January for repeat CEL which had been addressed a week earlier, dash rattles, and horrible panel alignment (hood gap of over 5mm on one side and nearly touching the front edge of the fender on the other). Now nearing 4 months in the shop. Most of the time has been spent waiting for Jag to supply a new dashboard to replace the original which was broken. The CEL now appears to have been related to the accessory drive pulley eating through seals on the front of the engine and causing an oil leak. Jag had said they would consider a replacement vehicle, but now say they will reimburse me for the monthly notes that I have paid while it has been down as a courtesy since "they are under no obligation but to abide by the warranty" . I put a large down payment on the SUV, so my monthly payment is not reflective of the "inconvenience" this has caused. They now they think it could be ready this week. Not very pleased at the moment. It's a May 2016 build purchased from the dealer with about 4500 miles on it.
That sucks, would definitely push for a replacement. Curious; what country are you in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the US. When questioned, Jag says it does not meet requirements for replacement. Since it had been titled, Texas lemon law only requires the manufacture to repair the vehicle. I'd likely have to try some other means in the courts to get a replacement if it is not voluntary on Jags part.

No, the loaner is not comparable. Its a base XE stickered for half what the completely optioned F-Pace cost. I asked about a more comparable loaner and was told that is all they have. The heated seats would have been nice during the winter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Repair Delays

WOW. I am luckier, my long wait for warranty replacement parts is only two months and counting (with NO date at all for when my dashboard replacement will be available) but my issue is cosmetic, not mechanical. This is my second wait for parts, and is frustrating. Jaguar MUST do a better job of sourcing and delivering our FPace parts promptly. No one should be out of vehicle for 4 months. I live in a lemon law state (Florida), do you? If I were you I would push for a replacement vehicle or at minimum a warranty extension assuming the vehicle is ready to be delivered now. Did you at least receive a free loaner vehicle from Jaguar pending repairs?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Crossed in the Mail

Sorry, I started my response and was delayed by a call--and you posted in the meantime. I bet one of our Texas members will chime in with the Texas lemon law requirements--car makers really don't want to lemon a vehicle. I suspect that repairs must be made in a reasonable or timely fashion, or some such broad language, either way 4 months delay doesn't qualify as reasonable or timely. It takes less time than that to order and get delivered a whole new build. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A quick consult with an attorney isn't too expensive andwill give you the answers you need. You may not like them but at least you'll know your options. My gut tells me 4 months is a long time without a comparable loaner.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
4 months is way too long for anything like this, unless they gave him a full size RR to drive... If you need a whole new dash.... After 4 months, you need a whole new car....
If that's all they offer, they'd get some bad reviews at that dealership, as well as Jag corporate...

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Yep I believe the rule for lemon law is that it must be a new purchase, not previously owned.

4 months is absurd. Contact an attorney, or tell them you don't want the car back and go buy a different car from someone else other than a Jaguar.

·
Banned
298 Posts
I don't understand how any state would allow a 4 month downtime to be acceptable under their lemon laws. And outrageous that Jaguar would not replace the vehicle. I would sue them immediately.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I don't understand how any state would allow a 4 month downtime to be acceptable under their lemon laws. And outrageous that Jaguar would not replace the vehicle. I would sue them immediately.
Because it's not new to him - it was previously owned. Your legal rights dwindle away when you're not the original owner.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
One way to look at it is that your saving miles on your beautiful F-pace and putting miles on their loaner. Thats how I looked at it when mine was in for a little over a week haha.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Banned
298 Posts
One way to look at it is that your saving miles on your beautiful F-pace and putting miles on their loaner. Thats how I looked at it when mine was in for a little over a week haha.
Well that's unique logic. By that thinking, why not let them keep it for a couple years- really keep the mileage down.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Well that's unique logic. By that thinking, why not let them keep it for a couple years- really keep the mileage down.
Haha alright lets not get dramatic. Im saying its the only way to positively look at the situation. Months on end Id get restless but a week or two at a time, fine with me. Let me put miles on their loaner while mine takes a nice break at the shop.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Haha alright lets not get dramatic. Im saying its the only way to positively look at the situation. Months on end Id get restless but a week or two at a time, fine with me. Let me put miles on their loaner while mine takes a nice break at the shop.
Dramatic? sure a week or maybe two is reasonable for something major, but I have NEVER heard of any vehicle of any brand in the shop for 4 months! No amount of rationalization is going to make that seem acceptable. How can Jaguar gloss over a disaster like that?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Dramatic? sure a week or maybe two is reasonable for something major, but I have NEVER heard of any vehicle of any brand in the shop for 4 months! No amount of rationalization is going to make that seem acceptable. How can Jaguar gloss over a disaster like that?
Alright relax, take a breath. He could be like you and cry and wine about it or he could look at it as he's saving miles on his car and putting the miles on their loaner. Crying about it isn't going to make JLR do anything, it isn't going to make the service department get it done any quicker so why not try to put a positive spin on it instead of stating things that everyone already knows; Obviously four months without your brand new car is absurd but wining about it certainly won't make it magically reappear in this guys driveway.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think we can all agree, 4 months in the shop is beyond reasonable for a NEW car...But like Jman mentioned...To keep from bumming out too much, try to find a positive point to hang on to while waiting to get the car back sound and solid again..0:)

On the other hand I'd be getting me a lawyer by now, to kick some azz and take names...just saying>:)

·
Banned
298 Posts
Alright relax, take a breath. He could be like you and cry and wine about it or he could look at it as he's saving miles on his car and putting the miles on their loaner. Crying about it isn't going to make JLR do anything, it isn't going to make the service department get it done any quicker so why not try to put a positive spin on it instead of stating things that everyone already knows; Obviously four months without your brand new car is absurd but wining about it certainly won't make it magically reappear in this guys driveway.
Relax, take a breath, cry, wine? I'm perfectly fine - not the one with a brand new luxury SUV I put a big down payment on sitting in the shop for FOUR MONTHS. Remember perspective buyers such as myself as just taking this in. I'm simply weighing the risks of buying a brand with a less than stellar reputation for quality + the dealer 90 mi away.I think you need to be a little less over - sensitive to any bad news or criticism of Jag.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts