Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did some mods to my F-Pace FE yesterday and today. I had a local shop that has wrapped my previous 3 or 4 cars do some work on the Caesium FE. The results are show below. Basically, i had them do a full bumper, hood, rocker, lights 3m Scotchguard pro protection wrap, tint of the front side windows to match the back and I also had them add what I'm calling a Carbon Fiber Black Pack on the FE. They also did a little modifying to the S Emblems.

I realize some may not like this, but I had to do something to make sure my Caesium FE stood out from Trek's and RichGuys in PA! :). I happen to think it pulls the the black together on the car and makes it look a little "meaner".

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am looking at getting XPel Ulitmate on my FPace S, would you be willing to share the price for install on the 3M PPF?

The change to the black pack matches the FE wheels better, I like it. I have the black pack and black venom so those are tied in together pretty well. I am thinking about increasing the tint on the front windows.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did some mods to my F-Pace FE yesterday and today. I had a local shop that has wrapped my previous 3 or 4 cars do some work on the Caesium FE. The results are show below. Basically, i had them do a full bumper, hood, rocker, lights 3m Scotchguard pro protection wrap, tint of the front side windows to match the back and I also had them add what I'm calling a Carbon Fiber Black Pack on the FE. They also did a little modifying to the S Emblems.

I realize some may not like this, but I had to do something to make sure my Caesium FE stood out from Trek's and RichGuys in PA! :). I happen to think it pulls the the black together on the car and makes it look a little "meaner".

Looks great! I am also in SE PA and will be getting my S sometime in late September/early October. Will also be installing a clear bra on the same sections as you, getting the front windows tinted, and may do some kind of ceramic paint protection. Where was your work done and would you recommend them? There are many places within 30 minutes of my home. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cost wise this was around $1500 all in which included: Black Carbon Fiber on front, side and back silver pieces and mirrors; tinting two front windows; and 3M Scotchguard Pro Clear on Bumper, Full Hood, Rockers which also included area behind rear tire. I thought this was a very good price for the work that the did. He did give me a bit of a discount for being a return customer.

I've gone to these guys for several years since my 2006 Infiniti, they are great to work with, stand by their work and replace anything that you are not happy with. There are a couple of bad review for them on yelp but I think these people really didn't give them the opportunity to fix any issues. I never had a problem with them replacing or fixing anything I wasn't happy with at no charge, even after some time passed, and that is what is important to me.

I'm very happy with the work they did on the F-Pace, as I was the other 3 cars they did for me. The place is called Sun and Shade in Skippack Pa. The owner's name is Wayne, feel free to say Tom with the 2006 Infiniti (2nd car they ever did - Picture is on their counter), and the current 2017 Blue F-Pace sent you if you go.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Love the subtle enhancements that make the overall appearance much more uniform and certainly meaner. Great way to further stand out from the already exclusive Casium Blue FE Club!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

I have to take a drive to Skippack! I hate you, bro'! That's friggin' gorgeous. The thing I dislike most about my FE is the silver colored rear diffuser thingy. Hate it. It's too Kia-Ford. But if you black that piece, you have to black the sides and front, as you did, otherwise it doesn't look right. What you just did is exactly what I wanted to do when I originally thought I would be forced to take my FE in Rhodium Silver. I would've blacked out everything.

My FE looks like sh*t compared to yours now. Here's what you have left to do: You should get the black lug nuts with the growler face. It will still match the red growler center caps because of the growler. $360 bucks for a set of 20.

PA, you must have people hanging out car windows gaping at your gorgeous car. I bet Macan owners are particularly envious when they see your ride. I saw a Cayenne in the shop at my dealer a couple of weeks ago. The former owner had traded it in for guess what? Haha, an F-Pace!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kudo's guys. I'm really liking it.

When I take it in for the suspension work and the flashing (gulp) of the ICTP, I'll get them to put the Growler lug nuts on there. I was thinking about that anyway after reading about their ability somewhere else in the forum.

As for the looks, they have been coming plenty. I had a guy in a Porsche 911 take a big neck breaker as I made a left in front of him at a light. I had some guys in downtown norristown have to pick their jaws up after I drove buy, they were hooting and hollering at each other I think trying to figure out what the heck the F-Pace was. Also, due to our smallish Gas tank, I've had to visit the pumps a bit more than I used to and pretty much every time folks walk over and look and most say "I had no idea Jaguar made an SUV!" and then "this is really a ____ nice car" Fill in the blank. The weird thing is I've even had women, young and older, come over and comment, which never happened with my other cars (which I often got comments on as well). I guess that supports how many of you guy's wives are driving these things.

Either way, I'm happy and still loving ever minute of the drive. When Sirius drops out, i simply go to my iPhone for tunes! I ignore the beeping from my front right sensor as well.... Actually, the nits are not that bad and I believe most if not all will be fixed at my next dealership visit. I'm just waiting on the parts for the suspension fix to get in to do all of that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It looks super cool and bad ass! I will also be getting a ceramic finish protection and installing a clear bra front bumper, getting the windows and sun roof tinted, and am adding some R-Sport badging same as the S badging.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What did they use to make the the carbon fiber black pack on the trim? Just regular paint or something like Plasti dip?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
can i see a closer picture of what you call the carbon fiber black pack ?
Just catching up with these last few questions today. The carbon fiber "black pack" was done with film, it's not real carbon fiber. It's a wrap with a carbon fiber pattern embossed on top of it. Here are some close up pictures. I'm happy with about 90% of what they did with the Carbon Fiber Wrap, but there are a few areas that they need to redo. The area around the grill and the exhaust pipes was very difficult to do due to the way that the grill intersects with the silver frame and the curvature of the silver panel around the exhaust pipes. However, I'm still extremely happy with how it looks. I was not thrilled with the silver. I would have Black Packed the FE if I had that opportunity.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The wraps do look great. But I just could not get past the idea of "fake" carbon fibre. For me it's a bit like buying a knock-off watch to wear like it's the real thing.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The wraps do look great. But I just could not get past the idea of "fake" carbon fibre. For me it's a bit like buying a knock-off watch to wear like it's the real thing.
I get it, but I think folks have to look really close to see its not really carbon fiber. I also think it looks much better than the silver.

The other thing is it only cost $225, so if at some time i want to go back to the silver, or get someone to actually paint the silver like a real Black Pack I can do that.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Looks awesome. The biggest reason I got the black pack was to get that rear piece black and not silver. Black looks so much better. Great Job.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great, I've been meaning to do this to mine. I attempted the rear bumper myself and it was impossible, I gave up after that.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks great, I've been meaning to do this to mine. I attempted the rear bumper myself and it was impossible, I gave up after that.
Yea, the rear bumper with the cut outs around the exhaust and bad visibility lights are a real bear. They had to pice those sections and you only can tell it's pieced if you look close. However, the owner of the store after seeing it done (one of his employees did the actual work the first time), wants a shot at it so i'm taking it back in this coming Monday, if I have my F-Pace back from the dealer by then, to get the rear bumper and a couple of sections redone.

I'm happy with it the way that it is, but if he can do a better job, i'm all for it. Like I said above it was only $250 so I can't complain to much.

I am looking at Hydro film or whatever they call that process of putting film using a floating approach. Much more expensive but looks really good. I don't know if the rear bumper can be done that way though since there are pics that shouldn't be done there.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Yea, the rear bumper with the cut outs around the exhaust and bad visibility lights are a real bear. They had to pice those sections and you only can tell it's pieced if you look close. However, the owner of the store after seeing it done (one of his employees did the actual work the first time), wants a shot at it so i'm taking it back in this coming Monday, if I have my F-Pace back from the dealer by then, to get the rear bumper and a couple of sections redone.

I'm happy with it the way that it is, but if he can do a better job, i'm all for it. Like I said above it was only $250 so I can't complain to much.

I am looking at Hydro film or whatever they call that process of putting film using a floating approach. Much more expensive but looks really good. I don't know if the rear bumper can be done that way though since there are pics that shouldn't be done there.
PA, did you ever think of just getting the areas of the car that were silver painted black? I know a few detail shops around me that advertise paint customization so wasn't sure if you looked into that as well

1 - 20 of 41 Posts