Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In these days of not using the car too often I noticed what could be an issue when my ICTP boots up. I have a MY18, so I do have the 4G telematics unit but quite often when I start the car, the screen only shows 3G service. I make my trip and the entire time it displays the 3G signal. After shutting the car off and allowing it to reboot again, 4G shows like it should. I'm in an area of complete 4G service so I kind of doubt that AT&T is having problems and is only supplying 3G service, plus I traveled quite a few miles so I did hit many different cell sites so I just doubt it's an issue with AT&T service. The area has such good 4G service in that it always shows as full scale signal or 4 bars, usually nothing ever less in signal strength. What I am thinking is that I did an update to 19C about a month ago, but since I haven't been using the car too much, I'm not really sure when this problem started to occur. It does happen quite often, but not every time the system boots up. And when it does happen, rebooting the system will usually correct it. Just wondering if perhaps there is a bug in 19C as that when it seems to have started. It's a shame that there isn't a place to report what may be bugs in the software. To call JLR customer service is simply a waste of time as they don't really seem to care one bit about things. I also think the dealership doesn't really care about these types of problems as the fix has to come from JLR so they too could care less. I've had lots of new vehicles over the years and JLR customer Service has got to be the lamest group out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had issues with NEVER getting a 4G signal then I found out that Jaguar only contracted for some vehicle models and years for 3G only. Using a SIM from a third party will get you right to 4G every time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had issues with NEVER getting a 4G signal then I found out that Jaguar only contracted for some vehicle models and years for 3G only. Using a SIM from a third party will get you right to 4G every time.
2018 and on had 4G Telematic units. My 4G connection always works fine since JLR changed the service from 3G to 4G last year or so. My problem is new and I’m sure it’s just an old ball boot up of the ICTP on occasion thus showing a 3G connection. My 4G AT&T service has been flawless

1 - 3 of 3 Posts