Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short background: Bought the F-Pace in October, and the 3G never worked properly during my 3 month trial. The 3G supported features did not seem all that useful, so I did not press the dealer to fix this. After the end of the 3 month trial, the dealer installed an update that supposedly fixes the 3G problems. I say "supposedly" because without a data plan, how would I know? No bigs.

Yesterday, I mention all of this to the service rep wile I have the car in for something unrelated, and he gives me this chart. He says it shows the connectivity that ought to work even without 3G. After months on this forum, I'm pretty sure the list is wrong (or, at least, does not show what the service rep thinks it shows). But I haven't tried to use these features in months because I assumed they relied on 3G. So I try a couple of the "JLR Provided - Warranty Period" items on the way home. As expected, they don't work. For example, when I tried to add the realtime traffic layer to the map, I got the "Traffic info isn't available now" error. In settings, under "Map features >> Traffic on map," it says "No data connection."

So what even is this chart? There is nothing on the page other than what is shown in the picture, and it looks like the header has been cut off. I feel stupid for saying so, but even though I didn't care about these features when I thought they required an extra monthly charge, it kind of pisses me off that they don't work if they are supposed to for free. Secondary issue: I have had my doubts about this service rep before, and would like the forum's feedback on this chart to help make an informed decision about whether to request a different rep.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Can't definitively answer your specific question, as I've had "random" results in the past, when some of the items in the JLR provided column worked and some times not, even though my AT&T data plan had elapsed. I am also questioning their value, particularly as I rarely get into cities and high traffic areas.

What I do think though, is that you need to have the telematics unit in your F-Pace replaced. VZX-CO alerted the forum to this back in December. A Topix communique referred to this also back in December, quoting a specific range of Vin #'s. Our Prestige falls outside the range, but we still have most unreliable connectivity. VZX-CO urged back then that even if you fall outside the range, the unit may still need to be replaced.

I have our's at the dealer at the moment. We have a very good relationship and they were finally able to convince JLR to send a replacement unit - took a lot of doing lots of to-ing and fro-ing with JLR. Unfortunately, the first replacement did not work and also could not download the necessary files (not sure if from my existing telematics unit or from the JLR centre). They are now waiting for a second one.

Tough to wait, but am hoping it will be resolved next week. Just like you, I'd like to get what I paid for, even though it's practical use may be limited. For the occasions that I've wanted the on-line functions, I've used my phone as a mobile hot-spot and the car connects to it without any trouble, most of the time.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think the list on the left is what is on JLR (no charge to you) while under warranty assuming you have a data plan/connection through a service provider (AT&T or other).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can't definitively answer your specific question, as I've had "random" results in the past, when some of the items in the JLR provided column worked and some times not, even though my AT&T data plan had elapsed. I am also questioning their value, particularly as I rarely get into cities and high traffic areas.

What I do think though, is that you need to have the telematics unit in your F-Pace replaced. VZX-CO alerted the forum to this back in December. A Topix communique referred to this also back in December, quoting a specific range of Vin #'s. Our Prestige falls outside the range, but we still have most unreliable connectivity. VZX-CO urged back then that even if you fall outside the range, the unit may still need to be replaced.

I have our's at the dealer at the moment. We have a very good relationship and they were finally able to convince JLR to send a replacement unit - took a lot of doing lots of to-ing and fro-ing with JLR. Unfortunately, the first replacement did not work and also could not download the necessary files (not sure if from my existing telematics unit or from the JLR centre). They are now waiting for a second one.

Tough to wait, but am hoping it will be resolved next week. Just like you, I'd like to get what I paid for, even though it's practical use may be limited. For the occasions that I've wanted the on-line functions, I've used my phone as a mobile hot-spot and the car connects to it without any trouble, most of the time.

Hope this helps
I had the telematics units replaced because of connection problems and was also outside of the VIN range. Now works flawlessly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts