Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone feel the same and more importantly, how have you addressed? I'm going to check out a few options around town and see what they quote to give the sound system a needed little boost.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Hey DiegotheJaguar , that is quite an Impressive Feat you have Accomplished ! As I believe , that may very well be the *shortest* reply , that I have EVER seen the crabman post ! >:) :eek: ;)

Either that , or he may not be feeling very well tonight !
If that is the case , then "Get Well Soon" crabman ! 0:)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I likewise will be following this one. My own fault for not going with ICTP, but the low end sound system is the biggest disappointment (and I have very few) on my FP.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I originally thought the 380 watt system would be enough, but it wasn't an option on the FE, and I didn't like the old-fashioned analogue gauge appearance package. It didn't seem to fit with the sleeker, modern ,minimalist look of the F-Pace interior. Had I been able to get the digital dash with the 380 watt system on the FE and saved money, I probably would've gone for it. Now I'm glad I didn't have that option.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Anyone feel the same and more importantly, how have you addressed? I'm going to check out a few options around town and see what they quote to give the sound system a needed little boost.
There are a few folks on the forum who regularly express disappointment with the sound system. Don't get it myself; I've had the car for about 1k miles and the ICT sound system is everything I want. Good definition and reasonable balance; tunes sound good!
The volume control indicates that it would go up higher than where I usually run it. More power or more thumping would just be unused.
Do you find that the system flattens out as you boost the volume so that the headroom I seem to see does not do much for you?

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
There are a few folks on the forum who regularly express disappointment with the sound system. Don't get it myself; I've had the car for about 1k miles and the ICT sound system is everything I want. Good definition and reasonable balance; tunes sound good!
The volume control indicates that it would go up higher than where I usually run it. More power or more thumping would just be unused.
Do you find that the system flattens out as you boost the volume so that the headroom I seem to see does not do much for you?
When I want to cruise and jam..1/2 to 3/4 volume seems to be ample with great sound and presents...Last car I had had a SUB and it wasn't much better (Pioneer)

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
109 Posts
^^^ +1

More than adequate from my POV. Input sources make huge difference.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
589 Posts
... Input sources make huge difference.
Everyone has probably figured this out already, but it took me a bit: the bluetooth audio respects the volume setting on the phone or ipod *and* the volume setting of the audio system. Both in series. So if the bluetooth audio on the phone is not turned up high enough you just can't get enough sound out of the audio system even when it is turned up...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Everyone has probably figured this out already, but it took me a bit: the bluetooth audio respects the volume setting on the phone or ipod *and* the volume setting of the audio system. Both in series. So if the bluetooth audio on the phone is not turned up high enough you just can't get enough sound out of the audio system even when it is turned up...
You need to talk a little slower for *GR* to understand !!! ;)
Are you saying I need to adjust the volume on the Bluetooth on the car system , or on the actual phone ???

·
Registered
589 Posts
Are you saying I need to adjust the volume on the Bluetooth on the car system , or on the actual phone ?
Turn up the volume on the phone. Then you can get the full range of volume on the car system. If the phone volume is turned down then you are limited in how much the car system can put out.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
115 Posts
A good discrete amp that doesn't need special wiring and being just a bit larger than a brick in length and smaller than that by width/depth, can be tucked up under the dash is the Alpine KTP-445U. I have one in my car now and it powers 4 speakers by 45 watts. That doesn't sound like a lot, but most OEM head units don't put out more than 18 watts per channel. The power is clean and this amp is awesome! It really helped in my GLK350, along with a 10 inch subwoofer and amp.

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alot of **** in this car makes me unimpressed, but than I always just think to myself, ill rather have 340hp over a nice stereo, or nicer interior.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Alot of **** in this car makes me unimpressed, but than I always just think to myself, ill rather have 340hp over a nice stereo, or nicer interior.

Agree. Just a few easy to implement tweaks to this car and it will be stellar overall.

We just happen to have the first iteration of a brand new car model but the improvements will come for sure. Especially considering the very healthy fpace sales volume.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Especially considering the very healthy fpace sales volume.
I have been involved in a few different businesses , and when any item has a *very healthy sales volume* , the first thing that comes into my mind , has NEVER been "how can me change it" !!! >:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have been involved in a few different businesses , and when any item has a *very healthy sales volume* , the first thing that comes into my mind , has NEVER been "how can me change it" !!! >:)
I do not think Jag will just sit back and rest under their laurels after how big of a score the Fpace has been for them..

I personally look forward to seeing their electric Fpace coming up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts