Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving a XF loaner while a couple of squeeks and rattles are being looked at by the dealer.
The XF supposedly has the same 380 watt sound system. The XF system gets SO MUCH LOUDER. It is like night and day. I wonder why the F-Pace 380 watt system is so quiet.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Probably to do with the layout of the cabins. More open space in the F Pace, a little more confined in the XF.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With all due respect, no way. The difference is way to big. In my car I can have a conversation with someone else with the radio almost at max. In the XF the volume gets so loud that it is scary. The shop foreman at my dealer said "oh yeah the radio is not loud. I think they're working on an amp fix."

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you comparing the 380W digital sound vs standard? Folks over at the UK forum claim there's a sig diff between the 380W system with ICT and ICTP, the latter being the digital version with the infotainment master controller. Could that be the diff in the XF?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Are you comparing the 380W digital sound vs standard? Folks over at the UK forum claim there's a sig diff between the 380W system with ICT and ICTP, the latter being the digital version with the infotainment master controller. Could that be the diff in the XF?
Tried to look for info on differences on the UK site but had no luck. Do you have a link or thread title to recommend?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both cars have 380w sound system and ICT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bluetooth?

Were you using bluetooth? I noticed in mine that the volume is significantly lower while using bluetooth from my iphone. When I switched to hardwire, the volume was as expected.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
In the US, I read that if you get ICTP you automatically get the 825W system. I don't believe you can order ICTP with the 380W.

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
The output levels on the infotainment system are dependent on the input, AM vs FM vs Sirius vs CD vs USB vs smartphone. They all provide different sound levels when set for instance at 20. So 20 may be louder or quieter depending on the input. That's just the way it works. The ICT in the XF does not have the same amount of speakers or layout. You are in a more confined space in the XF.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to reiterate:
The shop foreman at my dealer said "oh yeah the radio is not loud. I think they're working on an amp fix."

The audio source was EXACTLY the same. I was using my USB drive in both cars, and I played the same
tracks, because I planned to do a listening test ahead of time.
I just checked the website both cars have the same amount of speakers and are rated at 380 Watts.
The cabin size difference is negligible. When some of the speakers are 18" from your face it should get scary loud.

When turning up the volume in the F-Pace the audio stops getting louder at 20-22. From 22-30 there is a slight treble increase, but you really have to listen for it.
When turning up the volume in the XF the audio keeps getting louder all the way to MAX (30 I think) and it is insanely loud.

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
The amp in the ICTP is more than enough to make you go deaf. I guess you will just have to wait and see if the amp is the problem on the FP ICT.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Were you using bluetooth? I noticed in mine that the volume is significantly lower while using bluetooth from my iphone. When I switched to hardwire, the volume was as expected.
I've got ITC on order and went to the dealer today to check overall audio volume.
Turns out that the Bluetooth connection respects the volume setting of the phone *and* the volume setting of ICT. Turn up the volume on your phone and (at least for me) the available volume range from the ICT unit is plenty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was there every any kind of fix to increase the volume on ICT/380w? It's embarrassing how quiet it is when up at max. I literally can't hear some phone conversations.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Was there every any kind of fix to increase the volume on ICT/380w? It's embarrassing how quiet it is when up at max. I literally can't hear some phone conversations.
I think I read in another thread , that @theweeb got an *Update* or something , that allowed him to raise his *Speaker Power Level* higher then before , on his ICT system !!!

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't see this on my Feb 2017 build (and whatever ICT software version that is). Are you sure that you have the phone volume turned up enough? If you max that out then the car volume can run the full range you are probably expecting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
"Missing Gridlines Box from Backup Camera..." is the thread about a software update fix to ICT to adjust the max volume from 30 to 40 steps. My car is an Aug 2016 build and the ICT is plenty loud and goes to 40 (maybe 42?).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Feel like JLR missed out on an opportunity to have the volume go to 11. You would need some decimal stops between numbers, but I think it would be worth it. It's the kind of thing friends of friends would hear about ("my buddy's jaguar goes to 11").

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't see this on my Feb 2017 build (and whatever ICT software version that is). Are you sure that you have the phone volume turned up enough? If you max that out then the car volume can run the full range you are probably expecting.

It's an issue even with other inputs - satellite radio at full volume is still not loud. It does go up to 38, but 25 sounds practically the same as 38.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agree. The system is really very silent and low-amped. You can't open a window without loosing virtually anything coming from the speakers.
And it is not missing a "little" bass, there is no such thing as bass lower than 200Hz.
The volume is a bit louder using the Aux with external source, by the way, even with more and better bass. Greetings!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts