Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted some more supercharger whine so I decided to pull trigger on Mina gallery intake! I kept the factory snorkel and lower half of factory airbox and swapped out the filter to the Mina cone filter and added my own heat shield on top as well to help prevent heat from the engine bay. Sounds amazing, definitely worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Definitely looks very cool. Love the heat Sheilds. Sound is good, but I'm sure it sounds better in person. Nice work..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wanted some more supercharger whine so I decided to pull trigger on Mina gallery intake! I kept the factory snorkel and lower half of factory airbox and swapped out the filter to the Mina cone filter and added my own heat shield on top as well to help prevent heat from the engine bay. Sounds amazing, definitely worth it!

Love it! However isn't the 35t a turbo not supercharger?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
The 35t is the 340hp supercharged 6 cylinder. Not turbocharged.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
448 Posts
Yup. The "T" is meaningless, as is the "35" (it's a 3 liter engine). Actually, misleading. That's why I removed them from the rear when I bought my R Sport three years ago. I replaced them with "R Sport" and "Supercharged" badges.

(My Genesis G80 says "3.3t". It has a 3.3 liter engine, with twin turbos. So I added another "t" to the emblem.)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
Yup. The "T" is meaningless, as is the "35" (it's a 3 liter engine). Actually, misleading. That's why I removed them from the rear when I bought my R Sport three years ago. I replaced them with "R Sport" and "Supercharged" badges.

(My Genesis G80 says "3.3t". It has a 3.3 liter engine, with twin turbos. So I added another "t" to the emblem.)
Based on your post I put a SVR and 5.0 emblem on my car, it’s so much faster now 😃😜

DP

Reactions: Dai Uy Ted

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

I think the t denotes forced induction and gas, whether it's turbo or supercharged. The d engines are diesel.

The numbers align with the rounded horse power of the engine:
  • 20d - 180hp turbo diesel
  • 25t - 247hp turbo gas
  • 30t - 296hp turbo gas
  • 35t - 340hp supercharged gas
The newer engine models went to a more direct HP comparison:
  • P250 -247hp turbo gas
  • P300 - 296hp turbo gas
  • P380 - 380hp supercharged v6 (S model)
  • P550 - 550hp supercharged v8 (SVR)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts