Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would not consider it bad luck . . . it is just a case of regular maintenance for a vehicle your age and mileage. Get a new water pump and keep on driving !!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had one fail at just over 10,000 miles I think, and the replacement now sounds like it might be failing. But I haven't gotten it back to the dealer yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ugh! I did a quick search and not much came up so I assume bad luck to me rather than a known issue. Anyone else?
Me. 65000 miles. Coolant level low was on in august, dealer “replaced a hose” under warranty. Light just turned on again and now saying I need a water pump, out of warranty. Kind of unexpected to me at this mileage...I feel I should mention the 2020 f-pace loaner I’m driving with only 5000 miles on it had the coolant level low light come on today as well. Can’t wait to discuss that with service in the morning. Makes me wonder if these issues are common...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I would not consider it bad luck . . . it is just a case of regular maintenance for a vehicle your age and mileage. Get a new water pump and keep on driving !!!!
Sorry, but this is not "Regular Maintenance"... I can't remember the last time I've ever had to have a water pump replaced on a vehicle and have had many over 100K miles, If you are losing coolant, you have issues that need to be searched down with dye and blacklight...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, a water pump is not maintenance. I asked them to replace the serpentine belt (that's a maintenance item) while it's off. Seems like it should have been suggested "while we're in there". Oh well - motor on.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I agree, a water pump is not maintenance. I asked them to replace the serpentine belt (that's a maintenance item) while it's off. Seems like it should have been suggested "while we're in there". Oh well - motor on.
Very much agree, not regular maintenance. How many KM's do you have on your 2017 340hp? What was the overall cost to have the water pump replaced?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ugh! I did a quick search and not much came up so I assume bad luck to me rather than a known issue. Anyone else?
Just replaced mine today. 2018 Portfolio V6.Under warranty. Service writer told me that this is not an unusual problem. Since it's so close to end of warranty, I suggest you talk to service adviser and ask if Jag will do something. They can call Jaguar and sometimes they will cover stuff like this for good will. sounds like they know there is a problem. Maybe they will and maybe they wont, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I sold cars for nine years and saw mfgrs cover stuff like this many times. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you sure it's the water pump? Had a coolant leak on my '17 XE 2K past warranty. First I changed the water pump since that's were it was leaking, but problem was actually a plastic coolant pipe under the supercharger. A month later the thermostat leaked, so I was back at it. I tried to get some goodwill from Jag but they wanted to play the waiting game. I took a lot of photos as I tore into it. Just bought an F-Pace S with same V6 glued together plastic pipe, so it's probably just a matter of time (or bad batch). The good news is that the new pipe is redesigned, looks well made and completely different than the original.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife's 17 35t just had the same issue with coolant. It has 40,123 miles. 4 months out of warranty. Waiting for estimate. The service advisor knew everything that was most likely the issue. Still has to run the pressure test. It's completely unacceptable that Jaguar/Land Rover knows there's an issue. They have even upgrade the parts that are failing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
From a much longer history with the F-Type world, I don't believe there is a chronic issue with the water pumps, per se. But, they are mechanical and they do fail. I haven't had it happen on a Jag, but have on a Merc and a Lexus.

Meanwhile, there IS a recurring issue with a plastic coolant pipe on the earlier models years. So, if you're losing fluid, they should be checking for that first.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife's 17 35t just had the same issue with coolant. It has 40,123 miles. 4 months out of warranty. Waiting for estimate. The service advisor knew everything that was most likely the issue. Still has to run the pressure test. It's completely unacceptable that Jaguar/Land Rover knows there's an issue. They have even upgrade the parts that are failing.
It's sad that a company knows there is an issue. Proven that by upgrading several of the parts failed that were sup par. $3600+ to get it out of the stealer. I knew better. But it's time to sell it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts