Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there official word about releasing a 3.0 Diesel in America? I want to want the 2.0 Diesel, but I'm hesitant because I fear it'll feel underwhelming, especially for a car witch such a high price tag. I do a lot of highway driving, and I've read mixed reviews about the power.

I have driven the 3.0 TDI in the VW Touareg which was nothing short of impressive. It always has power to spare whether climbing mountains or passing on the highway. My 2015 VW Golf TDI has a 0-60 of 8.4, which honestly sometimes isn't enough, but I can't complain because the golf does cruises the highway like an absolute champ, even at 100+ mph. (I was fortunate enough to drive it in Germany for a year). It has a wonderful power band.

But 0-60 of 8.2 seconds concerns me in the F-Pace, especially translating that into passing power on the highway. I'd buy one of these in a second with a 3.0 Diesel, even if it is the S model.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
5.8 seconds I believe.
5.8 seconds is correct. One consideration is whether an American variant could still get that much power out of the engines and still meet EPA emissions standards in the USA. I'm not sure what all is involved, but I do know diesel standards are much tougher to meet here than in Europe. Having driven the 3.0 engine in the Touareg, which is a really heavy vehicle, I can tell you that thing has plenty of power.

But for comparison to other 3.0 TDI 0-60s:
VW Touareg 3.0 TDI 6.9s
AUDI Q5 3.0 TDI 6.5s
Porche Cayenne TDI 6.8s
Ranger Rover Sport 3.0 Td6 7.1s
Jeep Grand Cherokee 8.0s
Mercedes-Benz ML350 BlueTec 7.0s

5.8 seconds is really impressive, particularly when the 340 HP version of the F-Pace is sitting at 5.4 seconds.

·
Registered
129 Posts
5.8 seconds is correct. One consideration is whether an American variant could still get that much power out of the engines and still meet EPA emissions standards in the USA. I'm not sure what all is involved, but I do know diesel standards are much tougher to meet here than in Europe. Having driven the 3.0 engine in the Touareg, which is a really heavy vehicle, I can tell you that thing has plenty of power.

But for comparison to other 3.0 TDI 0-60s:
VW Touareg 3.0 TDI 6.9s
AUDI Q5 3.0 TDI 6.5s
Porche Cayenne TDI 6.8s
Ranger Rover Sport 3.0 Td6 7.1s

5.8 seconds is really impressive, particularly when the 340 HP version of the F-Pace is sitting at 5.4 seconds.
Add the fact that you will get 10mpg better with the 3.0d vs the std 3.0 and you see why I would absolutely prefer the 3.0d every day of the week. I have one in my 335d and absolutely love it.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Add the fact that you will get 10mpg better with the 3.0d vs the std 3.0 and you see why I would absolutely prefer the 3.0d every day of the week. I have one in my 335d and absolutely love it.
I couldn't agree more. I'll take extra torque over horsepower any day. After being enlightened with diesel I've never looked back. Unfortunately VW screwed it all up... well that and I'm not a huge fan of the EPA these days.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Is there official word about releasing a 3.0 Diesel in America? I want to want the 2.0 Diesel, but I'm hesitant because I fear it'll feel underwhelming...
Did a drive yesterday with a 2.0d R-Sport in the hills and had a blast. Acceleration from low RPM is great, and though it does quiet down at higher RPM it is nothing the gearbox can't help with.
Freeway driving for me is usually maintaining a constant speed and that is the sweet spot for diesels.

Reactions: Caymus and MTHM
1 - 8 of 8 Posts