Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three times now, after a 30 mile drive, a ten minute stop has generated the subject fault display on startup. Does not recur on next restart if done immediately or after a full cool down. Anyone else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
This happened to us for the first time on Tuesday this week. Yesterday it was followed by a transmission fault and the check engine light coming on; a call to the dealer got it booked in in two weeks to check it out. The vehicle didn't last that long. This afternoon our IRR F-Pace S died and was towed to the local dealer. It wouldn't start and the gear selector was stuck in the up position. Eventually it started but the dash then reeled through a long list of every system that had failed, the gear selector was stuck in the up position and both displays went blank. F-Pace is less than 3 months old and only 3300km on the clock.

It's the Family Day long weekend here in BC so now without a vehicle and messed up plans for tomorrow. Beginning to question switching from a German luxury brand.

·
Registered
536 Posts
This happened to us for the first time on Tuesday this week. Yesterday it was followed by a transmission fault and the check engine light coming on; a call to the dealer got it booked in in two weeks to check it out. The vehicle didn't last that long. This afternoon our IRR F-Pace S died and was towed to the local dealer. It wouldn't start and the gear selector was stuck in the up position. Eventually it started but the dash then reeled through a long list of every system that had failed, the gear selector was stuck in the up position and both displays went blank. F-Pace is less than 3 months old and only 3300km on the clock.

It's the Family Day long weekend here in BC so now without a vehicle and messed up plans for tomorrow. Beginning to question switching from a German luxury brand.
Wow! That's a bummer. Let us know what they find.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Wow !!! Do let us know what they find out.

By the symptoms it almost sounds like a main ground or power lead could be the culprit...

·
Registered
10 Posts
We got the F-Pace back after a week and then it died again the same day as the dash lit up like a Christmas Tree with the following:

Air bag error
2 Wheel Drive Only - Traction Reduced
Stability Control Not Available - Drive With Care
AEB Not Available
Forward Alert Not Available
Emergency Brake Assist Not Available
Gearbox Fault

The car was stuck in one gear but we managed to get home. Once home the car was stuck in drive. I restarted the car and most errors cleared but was then presented with an IEB Not Available error. I shutdown and restarted again and all errors appeared to have cleared.

I took a video of the instrument display once safely home. I'd post the video but apparently have insufficient posts to be able to upload photos and videos.

Has been at the dealership for the last week and a bit and they have managed to replicate the error twice. Apparently they had some sort of data logger connected to the car today and were able to capture the fault. Now waiting to find out what the problem is and prognosis.

Been without the F-Pace for 16 days so far (Over 20% of the time we have had it) and the dealer has put on 365km trying to find the fault. Jaguar NA say they will offer goodwill but only after the F-Pace is fixed and we have it back. Four weekends missed skiing as the Evoque loaner doesn't have winter tyres and we can't fit all the ski gear in.

The local dealer has been very good though.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
We got the F-Pace back after a week and then it died again the same day as the dash lit up like a Christmas Tree with the following:

Air bag error
2 Wheel Drive Only - Traction Reduced
Stability Control Not Available - Drive With Care
AEB Not Available
Forward Alert Not Available
Emergency Brake Assist Not Available
Gearbox Fault

The car was stuck in one gear but we managed to get home. Once home the car was stuck in drive. I restarted the car and most errors cleared but was then presented with an IEB Not Available error. I shutdown and restarted again and all errors appeared to have cleared.

I took a video of the instrument display once safely home. I'd post the video but apparently have insufficient posts to be able to upload photos and videos.

Has been at the dealership for the last week and a bit and they have managed to replicate the error twice. Apparently they had some sort of data logger connected to the car today and were able to capture the fault. Now waiting to find out what the problem is and prognosis.

Been without the F-Pace for 16 days so far (Over 20% of the time we have had it) and the dealer has put on 365km trying to find the fault. Jaguar NA say they will offer goodwill but only after the F-Pace is fixed and we have it back. Four weekends missed skiing as the Evoque loaner doesn't have winter tyres and we can't fit all the ski gear in.

The local dealer has been very good though.
I always say that I would never get rid of my F-pace... but once my vehicle starts putting the safety of me and everyone else in the car at risk Id start rethinking. Thank God it hasn't just shut down while your on a highway or something. Please let us know when they find the culprit as this is very alarming. Thank god this is not an all encompassing F-pace issue and is hopefully just a one off type of thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a quick update. We're still without our F-Pace; now in to the 4th week. The dealer techs are now able to get the vehicle to fault consistently and have narrowed down the issue to a wiring harness that runs through the firewall to the gearbox. They are now going through the process of identifying the faulty wire in the harness and then formulate a plan - either replace the individual conductor or the complete wiring harness. Looks like the ghost of Lucas is rearing it's head.:(

Will keep you all posted. So far our F-Pace has been in the shop for 22 days prior to that we had it for 78 days.

Looking forward to getting the F-Pace back but still no definite timeline.

Interestingly the dealer tech mentioned that they had a couple of FE's that they had to do some spot welds on that were missed in the factory!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Interestingly the dealer tech mentioned that they had a couple of FE's that they had to do some spot welds on that were missed in the factory!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT THE ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
So our F-Pace is apparently fixed. I'm collecting from the dealer tomorrow morning. The problem was traced to a cable on which the insulation had worn through where it was rubbing on the transfer case. The wire was then intermittently shorting and causing almost everything to shut down. Something for all other owners to watch out for.

Jaguar NA have been in touch today and will be contacting me again next week to confirm all is well and to discuss some "goodwill".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been having the 2WD only fault come and go about 10 times now, lost count. Happened last Saturday and took to our dealer and they troubleshot it for about an hour. Result they said was a bad part in the transfer case, which they had to order. Said it was okay to drive it with the fault displayed. I hope this makes it go away.
Yesterday, about 1/4 mile after start up cold, central LED display went blank like it rebooted. took about 30 seconds for reboot and presets to reappear.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Problem resolved - Jaguar dealer replaced a pump in the transfer case. Faulat has not repeated in over 100 miles.
Brian in San Antonio

·
Registered
517 Posts
Problem resolved - Jaguar dealer replaced a pump in the transfer case. Faulat has not repeated in over 100 miles.
Brian in San Antonio
Many thanks for the update. It is always good to hear when an issue gets resolved and how.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts