Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience of 275/50r19 tyres rather than the oem 255/50r19. Does it change the looks, handling and comfort?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Derek,

it's an odd size, and I'm not sure if any one would be running that size. Below is a link to the spec differences I ran on Willtheyfit.com for you.

The 55 tire will be an inch taller so you'll see the vehicle ride a half inch higher and you need to make sure you have that half inch of clearance in the front for turning with the wheels mounted. The back should be fine. I'm running 285/35 22s on my F-pace at the front and I can tell you they clear fine. My tires are only 5mm shorter in overall height over the 55s and my tires are way wider, so with only 2.5mm difference in arch gap, I'm pretty sure your new 55s will clear But you should measure your 255/50s to be sure before ordering.

One other thing you'll have to deal with is your speedometer will be off 1mph at 30 and 2 at 60. The new tires will read less speed so you'll be doing 60 but the speedo will say 58.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=50&diameter=19&wheelwidth=9&offset=40&width2=255&aspect2=55&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9&offset2=40

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi PA

I mixed you up with my original typo. I’m running 255/55r19 and considering changing to 275/50r19. The Porched Cayenne uses the fatter tyre on the rear.

The height difference is minimal though it would give me a bigger foot print. The sidewalls would bulge out a little more though so not sure how that might effect handling. The current trend seems to be to have tyres sidewalks flush with the rims.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=55&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=40&width2=275&aspect2=50&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=40

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I haven't seen anyone running that size, but I do believe you'll be fine with them since my 285/35 22s fit fine. The real question will be the spindle up front on the top inside of the tire. I would look at your 255s and see how much room is available there for the tire. I jus plugged in a base offset on Willtheyfit for your wheels since I didn't know the specific width or offset, do you have that data? If so I can plug my 285s setup data in and see where your 275s will sit in respect to my setup with my wheels and offset. From there I could tell you if they will clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts