Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have summer tires on my rims now 265/40/22 , and want to go with all season tires. I have been looking at Continental Dtak 06's and noticed that Tire Rack had a special on Generals which were 60 bucks perrier cheaper.

What do you suggest as the best tire for all season, ice/snow traction, lasts long and is overall quality and reasonably priced?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Continental ExtremeContact DWS is an excellent All Season tire. I had them on my Q7 and also on my M45. It won't turn or stick as quite as well as those Pirello P-Zeros that came with the car in the summer, but they will be pretty close. They are also quiet and have nice ride characteristics for a low profile tire. The will also be acceptable in the winter and if we ever get any again in the tai-state area! LOL.

Reactions: slojotaa

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey slojotaa , Did you switch out your Original Wheels already ?
Because your signature still says " 20" stock rims" !

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi
I have dsummer tires on my rims now 265/40/22 , and want to go with all season tires. I have been looking at Continental Dtak 06's and noticed that Tire Rack had a special on Generals which were 60 bucks perrier cheaper.

What do you suggest as the best tire for all season, ice/snow traction, lasts long and is overall quality and reasonably priced?
Thanks
Wait..... What, it is the end of February, almost March, and you are switching to All Seasons!!!!!
Why wouldn't you use the Summer tires until next Fall, and then get the All Seasons?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just put some Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus on my Prestige 19" rims. They are great and rank third on the Tire Rack Crossover/SUV Touring All Season rankings. Got them cheaper on Amazon so looked up ratings and reviews on Tire Rack and bought off Amazon when I made my choice.

For 22" they come in a 275/50 or a 285/45. Should be ok to use either but can't positively say that.

My wife's SQ5 has 21" rims and I am looking at replacing her tires with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season (not the Plus) when the time comes. Would do the All Season Plus but they don't come in 21" sizes.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
For 22" they come in a 275/50 or a 285/45. Should be ok to use either but can't positively say that.
for 22s' you may be pushing it with the stock clearance up front, you'll probably be ok but the issue with not be the fenders or fender liners hitting. However, with the taller 50 and 45 serious 275 and 285s you mentioned you issue will be contact at the top of the knuckle. See pics below, the reason I have the pics and I'm somewhat familiar with this is that I've upgraded my summer setup to 22X10.5 35 offset by 285/35 R22s and I expect that I may be close to the top of the knuckle due to the wider tires and the fact that my 10.5s will be closer to the inside of the knuckle. I've been told by the guys I worked where I bought the rims that I'll clear, but we'll see when these things get delivered.

It will be close, so I would measure your clearance now and look at the total diameter of the tire you are buying compared to the 265/40 R22 clearance you are seeing gin my pics. the Verde is 32.9 inches tall in that 275/50 R22 size, the 265/40 R22 P Zero is only 30.4 inches tall, so you are gaining .75 in the overall tire height, plus the 275 is going to be wider. The 285/45 R22 Verde is 32.1 inches so it will only be about a half inch taller at the knuckle but wider than the 275.

So it will be close.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hi
I have summer tires on my rims now 265/40/22 , and want to go with all season tires. I have been looking at Continental Dtak 06's and noticed that Tire Rack had a special on Generals which were 60 bucks perrier cheaper.

Thanks
I have the Continental 22" all-seasons on my F-Pace. Great tires. Obviously softer than the Pirelli P-Zero Summers but perfect for year-round. I will reinstall the P-Zeros for the summer, though, probably just before the April Meet-Up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey slojotaa , Did you switch out your Original Wheels already ?
Because your signature still says " 20" stock rims" !
Oh....need to change my profile. Sorry...., and thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait..... What, it is the end of February, almost March, and you are switching to All Seasons!!!!!
Why wouldn't you use the Summer tires until next Fall, and then get the All Seasons?
Thanks for this. I plan on keeping the summers to the end of the summer, beginning of fall and then put he all seasons on as you state. Made no sense, and my son and I spoke about it and he "shot some sense into my head"! :)! The power of smart children, LOL.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Anyone interested in selling their 22" summer tires (in good shape) let me know. I'm considering purchasing 22" wheels for summer use. I could get the tires at the Harrisburg meet up or sooner depending on the distance.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts